Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
PharaohsLs3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Buying a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 through the "Build & Price" Option

Hello Everyone my name is Erik,

I'm looking for some information on how the process of ordering a car from chevy goes, I'm sure someone on the camaro5 forum must have wanted to customize their camaro with the available options online. See i owned a 2014 Camaro 1SS but recently wrecked it doing something i shouldn't have been doing on the street. So i decided to start looking into buying a new car obviously i don't want to down grade from what i had before so i figured I'd purchase a ZL1 the thing is I live in California so my options are extremely limited to almost none. I've been on all possible websites that offer cars such as (Carmax, Autotrader, Craigslist, Chevy Dealerships, etc.) and haven't found a single one in my area all out of state. So my last couple of options are to either buy one out of my state or order one from chevy. I've already looked into how i want my car but I'm curious to know the following, is it difficult to get approved for the car this way, is there more of a hassle, what should i expect before i go talk to a dealership salesman? What financial standards do you guys recommend i have before i go in and start committing to something. I am 19 years old and have a stable income, i don't owe money to anyone but i do have a 2016 Dodge Dart that i bought for my younger sibling under my credit and name. Im not sure if this helps any in providing info but i figured it wouldn't hurt to provide as much information as possible to get the best response back.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Ill add some photos of what my car looked like before and after the crash incase anyone is wondering.
PharaohsLs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
How do you order a 2015 ZL1 from chevy now? 2017 model year is on the assembly line already..unless you meant 2017 ZL1??
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
How do you order a 2015 ZL1 from chevy now? 2017 model year is on the assembly line already..unless you meant 2017 ZL1??
They have 15, 16 and 17 on the build site. It will match you with the closest one already built for 15 and 16.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
PharaohsLs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
They have 15, 16 and 17 on the build site. It will match you with the closest one already built for 15 and 16.
So, they don't actually build a new car anymore just match the Zl1 with the options i request? Makes sense since production stopped a while ago. But if you google "2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Build and Price" it directs you to the page to price and build the car than in the end just says to go and contact a dealer. But man this is a bummer, not I'm not quite sure how i'll be able to buy a ZL1... in California at least
Old 07-31-2016, 10:45 PM   #5
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Oh, good to know. I guess they aren't new car anymore, probably the left over inventory or used?
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:42 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsLs3 View Post
So, they don't actually build a new car anymore just match the Zl1 with the options i request? Makes sense since production stopped a while ago. But if you google "2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Build and Price" it directs you to the page to price and build the car than in the end just says to go and contact a dealer. But man this is a bummer, not I'm not quite sure how i'll be able to buy a ZL1... in California at least
Yes, it will give you the option to search like 400 miles from the zip code entered. Once production changes to the next year model (normally in June) that's it. I just did a search on a 15 Camaro and came up with zero. Quite sure there are a lot of 16's around and you can probably get good pricing. Here's the Supplier Pricing built website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Oh, good to know. I guess they aren't new car anymore, probably the left over inventory or used?
Definitely not used... just been sitting on the new car lot.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:31 AM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Quite sure there are a lot of 16's around
16 ZL1s are around? Im confused.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #8
PJMZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Super rare
Old 08-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
... that unicorn must exist somewhere.

I meant Camaro in general... I think
Old 08-02-2016, 12:12 AM   #10
PharaohsLs3

So than, do you guys think it's possible to still buy a ZL1 from my local dealer by ordering it and would any of you know how difficult it is to finance one?
Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsLs3 View Post
So than, do you guys think it's possible to still buy a ZL1 from my local dealer by ordering it and would any of you know how difficult it is to finance one?
No, you cannot order a ZL1 at this time. They haven't built any for over a year now. However in a month or so you can order a 2017 ZL1 but you may end up on a waiting list as others are already signed up for the initial allocations.

Financing is a piece of cake if your credit is good. Depends on how much you make and how much the banks will loan you. Go get pre-approved first and then talk to the dealer knowing exactly how much you can spend. Too many times people go to the dealer, find the car first and then try to get a loan for it. You should know that figure prior to shopping. Credit Unions usually have the best rates.