Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #57
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Something smells
Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #58
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
anyone find it a little unusual the OP only has 1 post and just joined? I hate to be skeptical, but to doubt is to learn....
Yep, total BS story by noob.....

Old 12-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #59
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 2

To the person who began the "anyone find it a little unusual the OP only has 1 post and just joined? I hate to be skeptical, but to doubt is to learn...."

If you would look on the registry of the 2012 ZL1's, you would see my name listed there. This is an absolutely true story, and just because I am not a techie person and have not joined the social media bandwagon doesn't mean I can't bring a story to people's attention when I have been wronged.

The story is absolutely true. At least from my end. I have my doubts about whether the dealer is telling the truth or not.

As far as pictures go, if someone can tell me how to post them (they are on my wife's laptop, not at an http://) I will be happy to.

By the way, the dealer is located in Georgetown, DE and is the only Chevy dealer in that town. The local paper (Cape Gazette) has been notified. I do not know if a story has been published yet or not--they only publish on Tuesdays and Fridays.

PLEASE--if someone will tell me how to post photos, I will be happy to show you the before and a few afters...

Thanks for all the support from this group even though I am reaching out for the first time. To the skeptics out there, I have absolutely nothing to hide.

If any of you are into first generation Camaros, my name may be familiar. I wrote 6 books on first gens including:
The 1969 Camaro Reference Book
The 1967-68 Camaro Reference Book
The 1967-1969 Camaro Recognition Guide

John R. Hooper
Old 12-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #60
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
OP - You can post pics by clicking "Post Reply" (not quick reply) then select manage attachments. You may need to resize them depending on the acual size. It's actually easier to create a free account at photo bucket. You can bulk upload there, then insert the url here.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #61
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
To the person who began the "anyone find it a little unusual the OP only has 1 post and just joined? I hate to be skeptical, but to doubt is to learn...."

If you would look on the registry of the 2012 ZL1's, you would see my name listed there. This is an absolutely true story, and just because I am not a techie person and have not joined the social media bandwagon doesn't mean I can't bring a story to people's attention when I have been wronged.

The story is absolutely true. At least from my end. I have my doubts about whether the dealer is telling the truth or not.

As far as pictures go, if someone can tell me how to post them (they are on my wife's laptop, not at an http://) I will be happy to.

By the way, the dealer is located in Georgetown, DE and is the only Chevy dealer in that town. The local paper (Cape Gazette) has been notified. I do not know if a story has been published yet or not--they only publish on Tuesdays and Fridays.

PLEASE--if someone will tell me how to post photos, I will be happy to show you the before and a few afters...

Thanks for all the support from this group even though I am reaching out for the first time. To the skeptics out there, I have absolutely nothing to hide.

If any of you are into first generation Camaros, my name may be familiar. I wrote 6 books on first gens including:
The 1969 Camaro Reference Book
The 1967-68 Camaro Reference Book
The 1967-1969 Camaro Recognition Guide

John R. Hooper
If it is true, there really shouldn't even be any discussion... It is totally dealerships problem and you would get a new car.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #62
SackDaddy

Drives: 2013 SIM ZL1
Sorry John, I was one of the skeptics. I hope all works out for you soon.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #63
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
If this is a true story you should sue the shit out of that dealer and have the employee thrown in jail.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #64
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
If it is true, there really shouldn't even be any discussion... It is totally dealerships problem and you would get a new car.
Ok. Thanks for the photo help. In the meantime I had added an album. You are free to look at the photos there.

Now for more specifics:
1. The dealer refuses to give us the insurance information--not to me OR my insurance company.

Just to make myself clear, the service writer for the dealership went into the building on a Sunday when it was closed and stole the keys to my car. This was NOT a test drive--it was a joy ride. When the police came, the SOB had the nerve to tell the cop that he (the service writer) was my best friend. AND THE COP BELIEVED HIM!!! Come on, folks. This isn't a Honda Accord we are talking about. Shouldn't the cop have been a little leery of that and called me to find out???

2. I am sure I will have to get a lawyer, but that costs money that I just don't have right now.

3. I have notified Chevrolet Customer Care and got a "thanks for being a loyal customer, but we don't have any control over our franchises."

4. The insurance company finally "totaled" the car today. The original adjuster had to bring in his boss due to the nature of the situation. I didn't want to contact an attorney until I was sure they weren't going to try to fix the car.

5. I posted photos of the car on the dealer's Facebook page last night, but they took them down.

6. I don't have a Facebook page, but friends have been posting it to their pages.

7. My next step is to contact the local TV station. We live in a pretty small area, and word will get out quickly.

To all of you believers, thanks. Your support means a lot to me. I suppose I shouldn't have asked "what would you do" but maybe just let everyone know what happened. Only a true lover of his car would understand what I am going through right now. Losing the car is bad enough--being mistreated by the dealer just adds another nail in the coffin.

John
Old 12-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #65
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Hope this helps for posting pictures.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #66
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Ok. Thanks for the photo help. In the meantime I had added an album. You are free to look at the photos there.

Now for more specifics:
1. The dealer refuses to give us the insurance information--not to me OR my insurance company.

Just to make myself clear, the service writer for the dealership went into the building on a Sunday when it was closed and stole the keys to my car. This was NOT a test drive--it was a joy ride. When the police came, the SOB had the nerve to tell the cop that he (the service writer) was my best friend. AND THE COP BELIEVED HIM!!! Come on, folks. This isn't a Honda Accord we are talking about. Shouldn't the cop have been a little leery of that and called me to find out???

2. I am sure I will have to get a lawyer, but that costs money that I just don't have right now.

3. I have notified Chevrolet Customer Care and got a "thanks for being a loyal customer, but we don't have any control over our franchises."

4. The insurance company finally "totaled" the car today. The original adjuster had to bring in his boss due to the nature of the situation. I didn't want to contact an attorney until I was sure they weren't going to try to fix the car.

5. I posted photos of the car on the dealer's Facebook page last night, but they took them down.

6. I don't have a Facebook page, but friends have been posting it to their pages.

7. My next step is to contact the local TV station. We live in a pretty small area, and word will get out quickly.

To all of you believers, thanks. Your support means a lot to me. I suppose I shouldn't have asked "what would you do" but maybe just let everyone know what happened. Only a true lover of his car would understand what I am going through right now. Losing the car is bad enough--being mistreated by the dealer just adds another nail in the coffin.

John
With that statement, I would press charges.I'm sure if you talk to enough attorney's, you could find one that would work pro bono or at least wait until a settlement to get their share. I still don't understand why you're insurance company couldn't offer their services to find restitution in this matter?

Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #67
mickmosh

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Wow is all I can say I looks at your pictures. Your a better man than me I'd be in jail already..
You have to tells us who the dealership is?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #68
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Insurance companies are only interested in giving you market value. This is how it works in our system. We only get the depreciated value of the asset we lose. Its up to the dealer and/or GM to make this right. If they are pressured/embarrassed enough, they just might make things right.

Additionally, I would press charges on the guy who took it for a joy ride. Press full charges and stress that a paint job does not require a test drive.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #69
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmosh View Post
Who is the dealership?
I found the only dealership in Georgetown is 1st State Chevy

Old 12-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #70
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
makes me sick to my stomach, good luck to you!!

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1