Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #15
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
+1 for William and the Customer Care team.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #16
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
WOW
Old 07-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #17
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
While I do agree that I am not likely to get GM to do anything at all but take my dash out and replace it I disagree that it is not a big deal and I should just "move on".

I've been working on cars for over 30 years now and not at an amateur level. I've disassembled and rebuilt several engines including the complicated 4 OHC 32 valve LT5 ZR1 engines. I've had numerous dashes out of cars the latest being my 2011 Silverado when I completely rewired the the dash harness and added the factory navigation and video setup. More than one dealership told me that you could not add the full infotainment system to a truck born without one. I'm no stranger to GM cars and more often than not I know more about the vehicle than the technicians they have working on them. My point being I'm familiar with what is involved here and easily capable of doing it myself.

Yes, things break and need fixing but I don't expect to be delivered a car that needs a dash and center console removed and replaced from day one. Chances are very good that without this problem that dash would never need to be disturbed from its factory assembly. If I wanted a used or repaired car I would have bought one. If I break it I break it but since I'm paying for it I want to start with a new one and break it myself. Yes I'm picky but after all I'm the one making the payments on this thing. I just want what I was supposed to be getting and that which is represented or implied with the purchase of a new vehicle which is a new car that has passed numerous quality control procedures and has no current issues. The car had 12 miles on it the afternoon I signed the paperwork and 17 the next morning when I took delivery so there was plenty of opportunity for someone to catch this besides me.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #18
RaycinSS

William R and Chevy Customer Svc,

Thank you for reaching out to me. Private message sent.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #19
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
While I do agree that I am not likely to get GM to do anything at all but take my dash out and replace it I disagree that it is not a big deal and I should just "move on".

I've been working on cars for over 30 years now and not at an amateur level. I've disassembled and rebuilt several engines including the complicated 4 OHC 32 valve LT5 ZR1 engines. I've had numerous dashes out of cars the latest being my 2011 Silverado when I completely rewired the the dash harness and added the factory navigation and video setup. More than one dealership told me that you could not add the full infotainment system to a truck born without one. I'm no stranger to GM cars and more often than not I know more about the vehicle than the technicians they have working on them. My point being I'm familiar with what is involved here and easily capable of doing it myself.

Yes, things break and need fixing but I don't expect to be delivered a car that needs a dash and center console removed and replaced from day one. Chances are very good that without this problem that dash would never need to be disturbed from its factory assembly. If I wanted a used or repaired car I would have bought one. If I break it I break it but since I'm paying for it I want to start with a new one and break it myself. Yes I'm picky but after all I'm the one making the payments on this thing. I just want what I was supposed to be getting and that which is represented or implied with the purchase of a new vehicle which is a new car that has passed numerous quality control procedures and has no current issues. The car had 12 miles on it the afternoon I signed the paperwork and 17 the next morning when I took delivery so there was plenty of opportunity for someone to catch this besides me.
I feel your pain. My HUD has been vibrating since day 1. It vibrates on bumps, low RPM and WOT. I considered having the dealer go after but know the dash may never be the same if they do and it's just not worth it. It still annoyes me a little.
Like some have already mentioned, I tell the dealer that I'm not just another customer that just takes the keys and drives away after a repair. I am passionate about my car and I expect them to treat it as such.

Good luck and keep us posted!
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #20
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
It's a simple procedure to remove the dash, replace the broken part, and put it back together. This isn't like they are rebuilding the transmission or repainting a fender. Just let them do the work and check it thoroughly when they finish.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #21
RB913

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Awesome for William and the Chevrolet Customer Care folks. Very awesome. I've been through a "buy back" under CA lemon law many years ago and it wasn't easy. Took nine months, but I did prevail and my situation was much worse than a cracked HUD; however, anything NQR on a brand new car is upsetting regardless. It can be fixed fine.
RB913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #22
RaycinSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMN2011Z28 View Post
I am passionate about my car and I expect them to treat it as such.
I think you summed it up for me right here. Yes I'm a little picky but I'm just passionate about my cars. I'm a true enthusiast and love every aspect of owning, maintaining, and driving special cars and after all isn't a 1LE designed, marketed and geared toward an enthusiast? This is my first sportscar in several years thanks to a 19 year marriage ending and I'm not off to a good start with the new love of my life haha!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #23
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
<<<< why I bought a 1ss One less thing to go bad No halo troubles and no leaky sun roof ~ or cracked Leather LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #24
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I would fight them (the dealer) on this until you get satisfaction and if you don't, go to GM. There are laws maintaining they MUST disclose all things to you prior to the sale. I don't see how this defect could have been "overlooked".

When my 1LE was delivered, it had water "stains" on the top by the XM antenna and marks on the rear spoiler and a paint "defect" on the rear decklid. Also the driver's side Chevrolet sill decal was dog-eared on one corner. The dealer's body shop took care of the decal, water mark, and the marks on the spoiler but the defect in the paint remains because I did not want them messing/repainting the decklid and making things worse... I hope you get satisfaction one way or another.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #25
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
you own a used car now(GM won't trade you a new one). Best to get the dealer to take care of it.
Wrong. I bought a 2014 1LE camaro. Took it home in the rain and back to the dealership the next day cause the sun showed small brown spots all over the camaro.

3 weeks later after arguing and getting the BBB involved, i was ordered a brand new 1LE. Picked it up 3 weeks later and havent had a issue since.

Mine had to do with paint that would of cost the dealership Thousands to repaint and thats reported to carfax. Since its just a dash i dont think you will get a new one cause it wont cost anything to fix and only take a few days.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #26
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Pretty sure the windshield will come out to remove dash. There is a bolt right in the center. I have heard of some good techs removing this bolt without removing the windshield. On a side note if the heater core ever fails dash has to come out also.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
William R and Chevy Customer Svc,

Thank you for reaching out to me. Private message sent.
You're most certainly welcome.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote