Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
southpawblues

Drives: 2SS, RS,IOM,Tan leath. DEC 09
Any luck with gill inserts?

I am considering inserts to highlight the gills on the rear fender panels. Anyone have any luck with these? I see GM has an accessory for this but I have seen vinyl ones on ebay. Do they stay on or are they falling off at 100MPH

Thanks for the insights.
southpawblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I bough these and they suit me fine. No problems so far with them at all.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
Got these from Ridergraphix. $39.95 ...So far no problems at all.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
I bought mine from Ridergraphix too . I also have bought several things from them with no issues at all. My car is kept outside in the MD elements all year.

Here are some picts of the gills:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
fee5fofum

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Coupe & 2SS/RS
I got mine from Auto Trim Designs :
Attached Images

fee5fofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Here are some Black Fades from Atuotrimdesign I installed this afternoon. Will be adding some Black Gill Accents on top of these to make it appear to have more depth....

Credit this to " patriotpa " here on Camaro5 for giving me that idea of adding the Gill Accents on top of these inserts I just installed. Will post more pics after I add the accents on top of these Black Fades soon....

Last edited by DCJ; 09-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.
DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
Will be adding some Black Gill Accents on top of these to make it appear to have more depth....
DCJ, are you referring to the ones in the post immediately above yours when you say "gill accents" if not, could you post a link to them please? Also, I'd love to see a close up picture once you've done that. Thank you
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
I really like the autotrimdesign fade ones, I just installed mine today. I'll have to see what your added one looks like, DCJ
Attached Images

Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #9
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Our's as shown above and below are available here.... http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam...Blackout2.html

autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Our's as shown above and below are available here.... http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam...Blackout2.html

Hi,

I sent you a PM and email. I am interested in some of these from you but would like to know how fragile they are and if they are hard to manage. Please advise.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #11
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
DCJ, are you referring to the ones in the post immediately above yours when you say "gill accents" if not, could you post a link to them please? Also, I'd love to see a close up picture once you've done that. Thank you
Hi,

Sure no problem. I will take some close up shots and post them here. I was thinking of ordering some of the Black Accents to put on top of the ones I have now to fill in behind it for more depth but was trying to find out from Autoguy how hard his were to manage. I have read where some are very fragile and hard to manage. The ones I have on now are from Autotrimdesign called Black Fades. They go on easy and very easy to manage. Now I hopefully can find some accents to go the back of these.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Hi,

Sure no problem. I will take some close up shots and post them here. I was thinking of ordering some of the Black Accents to put on top of the ones I have now to fill in behind it for more depth but was trying to find out from Autoguy how hard his were to manage. I have read where some are very fragile and hard to manage. The ones I have on now are from Autotrimdesign called Black Fades. They go on easy and very easy to manage. Now I hopefully can find some accents to go the back of these.
Thank you very much. Someone posted a link to some accents that are on Ebay. I'm going to order those but I wanted to see a close up first of someone that put those on top of the fades (which I've already ordered). The fades look sooooo much better than the solid black ones I've seen

I'll see if I can't find that link for you.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #13
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Hi,

I sent you a PM and email. I am interested in some of these from you but would like to know how fragile they are and if they are hard to manage. Please advise.

Thanks
Don, I replied to your email yesterday. Any time you are dealing with vinyl cut this thin it will be somewhat fragile to deal with and care needs to be taken. We ship these with transfer tape installed. That will make them easier to handle and work with during installation.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Don, I replied to your email yesterday. Any time you are dealing with vinyl cut this thin it will be somewhat fragile to deal with and care needs to be taken. We ship these with transfer tape installed. That will make them easier to handle and work with during installation.

Great thanks! I will be ordering a set of these from you. For some reason I never got the email. Can you email me again at dconn3@comcast.net I have additional questions about some other products of yours.

Thanks!!