Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #29
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I just left George over at TTi a VM so once he returns my call I will change whatever needs changed right away,
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #30
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Good retort Jeff, I personally await this info, because my hands are itching for what kit to buy, they each have sum pluses and minuses, and i think the consumer will eventually choose what works best for them as far as power range, potential, cost, look, easy of install, credibility, durability and so on. I thank all the sponsors for their info. I wana also say thanks to Jeff who called me personally to discuss options. My hats off to granatelli and cole for their kits, which are mighty impressive as well.
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
I wanted to clarify the options for our Hellion system as I was just informed of this thread by a customer of ours.

-Twin 58mm turbos standard -capable of 1000 hp.

- (We have customers with 58mm turbos running mid 9’s at over 150 mph with daily driven manual transmissions vehicles)

-Optional 61mm inducer along with an upgraded exducer-capable of over 1200 hp.

-Both turbos come with an unmatched “unconditional one year warranty" from Turbonetics. If anything happens to a turbo, it will be fixed without question within one year from purchase.

-T-3 turbine inlet standard

-38mm Turbosmart wastegate standard. (Capable of controlling from 400 hp to over 1200 hp.

-31x12x3 inch intercooler standard, 4 inch optional. (Standard intercooler capable of cooling 1000 hp)

-All tubing is mandrel bent stainless, and comes with a lifetime warranty

-The TB inlet pipe is polished 4 inch stainless steel.

-Turbo intake tubing is high temp reinforced silicone ducting

-K&N filters standard

-MAF housing included in Polished inlet pipe

-Washer bottle included

-Push lock oil fittings

-High temp oil return hose

-Protective shield for turbo air inlets standard

-Heat protection for trans lines included

-Tuning using Diablo, SCT, or HP tuners available.

-52# injectors standard ( up to 120# injectors available)

Hellion Power Systems has been building custom twin turbo kits for over a decade and we have offered "on the shelf" low-mount twin turbo systems for several years (Mustang GT500, Dodge Challenger/Magnum/Charger and Chrysler 300C twin turbo kits). By providing excellent customer service and support, quality components and craftsmanship, and systems that perform and install flawlessy, Hellion Power Systems has been coveted by many as the company that has revolutionized the Mustang turbo market. We look forward to working at and gaining that title in the Camaro market as well.

If anyone has any questions please PM me.

Thanks!

Jeff
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@HellionPowerSystems View Post
I wanted to clarify the options for our Hellion system as I was just informed of this thread by a customer of ours.

- (We have customers with 58mm turbos running mid 9’s at over 150 mph with daily driven manual transmissions vehicles)

-Both turbos come with an unmatched “unconditional one year warranty" from Turbonetics. If anything happens to a turbo, it will be fixed without question within one year from purchase.

-38mm Turbosmart wastegate standard. (Capable of controlling from 400 hp to over 1200 hp.

-31x12x3 inch intercooler standard, 4 inch optional. (Standard intercooler capable of cooling 1000 hp)

-K&N filters standard

-Washer bottle included

-Push lock oil fittings

Hellion Power Systems has been building custom twin turbo kits for over a decade and we have offered "on the shelf" low-mount twin turbo systems for several years (Mustang GT500, Dodge Challenger/Magnum/Charger and Chrysler 300C twin turbo kits). By providing excellent customer service and support, quality components and craftsmanship, and systems that perform and install flawlessy, Hellion Power Systems has been coveted by many as the company that has revolutionized the Mustang turbo market. We look forward to working at and gaining that title in the Camaro market as well.

Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff,
Is this same info available on your website? If it is my apologies for any mistakes I might have made when I originally entered everything in. I don't have enough columns to add add all the "Upgrades" and "Foot-notes" but I will make sure it is 100% accurate for you otherwise

EDIT: Looks like I had it right based off the site:

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172
Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #33
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@HellionPowerSystems View Post

-K&N filters standard

-Washer bottle included

-Push lock oil fittings

Thanks!

Jeff
i been watching u guys at Hellion...i am very impressed, hats off to you there...its gettin harder and harder for me personally to choose a kit..lol...thats good but then again..its bad..lol
Old 07-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
We are shipping kits weekly
Nick at TTi (Who actually makes "Your" kit) just posted that they have not shipped out any kits until the LS3 car is done:

"The kits are finished and ready to ship BUT we are not shipping ANY kits until we physically finish the install we are working on now to ensure no one has any problems with the system."

I have lost a few sales to you because I told clients we only had the LS3 car done and were not shipping anything out until the L99 car was finished. Turns out we are just as far along as "You" are we are just marketing it completely differently.

Maybe you should let TTi update potential customers on here since they are the ones doing the building / installing / testing of the kit and have a lot more control over when they will actually be shipping kits out?

Just a suggestion,
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #35
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I just left George over at TTi a VM so once he returns my call I will change whatever needs changed right away,
Jeff
I talked to TTi today and they will be updating their site and shooting me a link so I can update the chart for them

Nice talking to you George
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #36
ipimpthisc
Banned

I see a storm abrewing
Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #37
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
i feel like i just blew smoke in your eyes and u shot me for it...but this wasnt against any person at all, but rather a freedom of info matter...and while i think u sound angry i rather u sound that way and spit facts, then stay quiet...so i welcome the info...and its doesnt have to be all camaro platform stuff...i think all ur credentials are impressive, and truly worthy of praise. Additionally I have a renewed respect for granatelli as a result. I think u should gloat in ur glory from the hard earned work and accomplishments. Kudos to u, and ur product is sweet
Never Angry - sorry if I came off that way
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #38
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Never Angry - sorry if I came off that way
Not a problem...we are entitled to feel things brother....and especially if u have to defend or demonstarte ur credentials, its ok either way I am just glad all the good tt kits guys are on board..in the end we are in it for fun
Old 07-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #39
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nick at TTi (Who actually makes "Your" kit) just posted that they have not shipped out any kits until the LS3 car is done:

"The kits are finished and ready to ship BUT we are not shipping ANY kits until we physically finish the install we are working on now to ensure no one has any problems with the system."

I have lost a few sales to you because I told clients we only had the LS3 car done and were not shipping anything out until the L99 car was finished. Turns out we are just as far along as "You" are we are just marketing it completely differently.

Maybe you should let TTi update potential customers on here since they are the ones doing the building / installing / testing of the kit and have a lot more control over when they will actually be shipping kits out?

Just a suggestion,
Jeff
Just another example of Jeff Hyper focussing on Granatelli rather then his own business. I chose not to argue so he tried to go around us to TTi. Nick does not speak for nor determine what we ship. Please do not try to drive a wedge between us - that is just more bad business on your part
Old 07-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #40
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
Not a problem...we are entitled to feel things brother....and especially if u have to defend or demonstarte ur credentials, its ok either way I am just glad all the good tt kits guys are on board..in the end we are in it for fun
i guess we all define good differently If you need to offer 3 or more different turbo as a marketing gimmic more power to you (them)

Tubes should not be crossing over under the car. The M6 and A6 kits are essentailly the same for us because we did not create fitments issues in the first place. It is disengenuous to put words in other peoples mouths adn misconstrue it all but that is what Jeff keeps trying to do.

It is all good on our end - in the end anyone one of these kits will make a ton of power - ours just does not drag on the ground over speed bumps
Old 07-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #41
IPSjeff

Quote:
Nick does not speak for nor determine what we ship.
So you ship out kits independent of TTi?

I assumed since they make the kit they would know what they have or have not shipped

Anyway, this thread is about comparing the specifics of the kits, which is why I chose to "Go around you" to talk to the place actually making it
Jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #42
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
So you ship out kits independent of TTi?

I assumed since they make the kit they would know what they have or have not shipped

Anyway, this thread is about comparing the specifics of the kits, which is why I chose to "Go around you" to talk to the place actually making it
Jeff
Yes

Please leave me alone. TTi does not ship kits for Granatelli. TTi and Granatelli have worked together on many projects - Ford, Dodge and GM dating back to when I own Paxton as well. They are a well round shop and as Granatelli formulated GMS and sold Paxton, we have become the same. It is redundant for both of us to make a TT kit for the camaro - now that is is done we can and do ship independant of eachother as well as share inventory.

As an example Turbonetics is only 5 miles from GMS and we work with them as well on kits - that does not mean we ship all the kits for turbonetics sheesh

My problem is you created the thread and I find it very sinister why you IPS would want to "help" us all out on the vurtues of each kit when it is slanted you way.

That like Chevy adverting side by side with Ford - but in a friendly way sounds like an oxymoran

I think you are a nice guy and I have little to disagree on other then afew points - and I am not sure why you stalk me on this forum

Other than that - I am always happy to help everyone

Please focus on IPS and not GMS