Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #29
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsi1214 View Post
Ok, I guess I got my answer....the website does not depict the wheels correctly. I ordered the RS package mainly because of the darker wheels. I did not want silver but I still love my car just the same. But thanks to everyone that made me feel stupid for not "researching" enough. I have spent hours upon hours learning about this car and my salesperson is the dumbest person I have ever met so he was not helpful in the entire process of ordering my car. He assured me he ordered black wheels with the RS package not dark silver. At least now I know not to pursue anything at my dealership. (I'm a girl by the way)
Thanks!
Don't worry about it. Don't let a bunch of morons on this website drive you away. There are a lot of nicer morons on here that can help you out in a nicer way..
Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
Quackaddict

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
I like midnight silver. I may go to black way down the road but wasn't paying the dealer asking 5k more for the 21's
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #31
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
RS with polished 20's
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #32
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
you got what you were suppose to, unless you paid 4k for the black rims
Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #33
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by binlow84 View Post
No reason to feel stupid. As mentioned before the website actually SHOWS black wheels. Why research a non-issue....?
Now that's just ignorant...

I was just like her, I like the RS package's display of the dark 'MS' wheels. BUT once, I came online and saw hundreds of pics of RS wheels, I knew that the site was a little off. However, I saw the RS wheels in person and they DO look darker than they do in pictures posted on this site. I LOVE THE MS wheels, and I was happy to see that they were that dark. I really thought they would be a lighter shade.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Don't worry about it. Don't let a bunch of morons on this website drive you away. There are a lot of nicer morons on here that can help you out in a nicer way..
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Also MSs but pics don't do them justice.

Name:  DSC00239.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  307.5 KB

At least that's what my paperwork says. I don't see it.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #36
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post
Now that's just ignorant...

I was just like her, I like the RS package's display of the dark 'MS' wheels. BUT once, I came online and saw hundreds of pics of RS wheels, I knew that the site was a little off. However, I saw the RS wheels in person and they DO look darker than they do in pictures posted on this site. I LOVE THE MS wheels, and I was happy to see that they were that dark. I really thought they would be a lighter shade.
I fail to see what you're getting at here. You say that you didn't realize they looked different until you happened to see real pictures of them. Well, she apparently never saw real pictures of them so why should she have researched? Usually, if you see something on the company's own site you tend to think it's the real deal.....

Unless you were just confused as to my wording. Perhaps it should have read more like this:

"Why research an issue that you are unaware exists....?"

Regardless, I fail to see the "ignorance" that you apparently do....
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #37
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
are you serious?? Not trying to be mean but you obviously did not do enough research if you are surprised about this. The RS wheels ARE darker than the stock painted silver but they are still painted.
IMO any confusion is understandable. On the Camaro website GM clearly advertises the rims as being much darker than they are. For something so straight forward as research no research beyond this should be required.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #38
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The Chevy Build Your Own Camaro website Is very misleading on the color of those RS wheels! Looks more like a car with wheels in a "Need for Speed" Game builder!

And can even get more confusing about all the options what you can get and what you cannot get between the LT LS 1SS 2SS and RS package's etc and whatever else if you were just looking into the Camaro for the 1st time! Not everyone knows about Camaro specialty websites.
So Don't beat yourself up about it!

We were a bit disapointed that the RS wheels were not Darker like on the website builder as we wanted an all Black sinister looking exterior. But even after we got them. They don't look to bad at all!

Later we might get some that are Black with a Chrome lip or something of that nature but these RS wheels are beautiful as they are! So easy to clean too!

We Like em'!