Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #29
Trackspec Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Although we cannot speak of the Pedders coilovers, we CAN speak of experiences that we have had with Pfadt Race Engineering coilovers and more importantly, the people behind the engineering. When buying any Pfadt Racing product, know that you are not only buying a properly engineered, Race proven setup, but also getting Pfadts passion, track experience, and benchmarked customer support with it. Get on the phone with Blair or Aaron any day of the week and rest assured that they'll do whatever it takes to get your car dialed in and set up perfectly for both street and track.

These are Top Quality engineered coilovers, you will not be disappointed.

General Motors knows, Johnny O'Connell knows, Pratt and Miller knows and 1000's of satisfied customers know.

Great products guys...can't wait to see what you have in store for 2011!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #30
TCao

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2007 FJC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
can someone explain the difference between the two other than the price

thanks
The manufacturers and distributors have posted lots of good information on the two coilovers in this thread and it seems you have narrowed down your choice to the two best designs currently available IMHO. I had done my own research a year ago and considered the three P's as well (Pfadt, Pedders, Penske). I ended up choosing Pfadt for the following reasons (Penske was still prototyping theirs):

1. I wanted to spend my hard-earned money on a US-owned company. Although Pfadt sourced their shocks from Sachs Race Engineering in Germany from Pfadt's design and specifications, all engineering development and testing are done by US engineers in UT. Other suspension components such as swaybars, endlinks, camber plates are all designed and produced in the US. This is important to me but I realize it may not be a high priority for others.

2. I wanted a wider selection of springs as I add other modifications to my Camaro (e.g. adding a supercharger down the road may require increasing the front spring rate slightly). Only Pfadt offers the ability to use standard race springs; other manufacturers use custom springs to match the factory spring seats.

3. I wanted some shock adjustability but wanted to keep the adjustment simple as I cannot afford to spend days at the track to fine tune the suspension. Pfadt coilovers offer 20 clicks of combined compression and rebound adjustment. Other designs offer separate compression and rebound adjustments which are great for a race car (and racing program budget ). Let's say for argument sake, there are 15 independent adjustments for compression and rebound. That's a potential 225 combination of adjustments to be considered and tested if you're looking for absolute best set up for each particular track. I think this amount of adjustments is superfluous on daily drivers.

YMMV
Old 02-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #31
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
TCao,

Please allow me to clarify a few points in your well written post.

1. If you consider what is done in the USA by Pedders USA in the USA our product range for North America eight different platforms just for GM. You can add to that Ford and Chrysler platforms. Not only is it developed in the USA for the USA, much of it is made in the USA including, sway bars, end-links, alignment products and sub-assemblies. Having said that, may I point out that the 5th Gen is made in Canada. We live and work in a global community.

2. Coil selection is not a limited with Pedders. Our rear coils range from 7kg to 12kg for the rear using OE mounting points. For the front we range from 6kg to 10kg on the 5th Gen. Additionally the fronts are 62mm i.d. and compatible with any standard 62mm i.e. coil. Coil rate and selection is not an issue.

3. Pedders Xa coilovers are fixed ratio units with 30 positive click adjustments. The Supercars are independent bound and rebound adjustable and the potential combinations are staggering. That is exactly why Pedders makes available our detailed setup information so our clients do not have to reinvent the wheel.

Finally allow me to point out that ONLY Pedders makes available a complete suspension solution, a complete engineered system for the 5th Gen Camaro for under $2,000. The simplicity of the Xa adjustment is enhanced by addressing the foundational elements of the 5th Gen suspension with EP1200 and EP6578 Radius bush inserts. A full set of alignment bolts that add castor adjustment while extending the range of the OE eccentrics. At under $2,000 a Pedders Street Xa it is the best value available for the 5th Gen while being easy to install and easy to adjust.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #32
M6HuggerSS

Drives: Crane Truck
great info guys...

you can almost feel the tension in the air...

And hats off to you two for offering some of the best products on the market, and sharing a post like this while keeping the boxing gloves off.

its a thin line you both walk, but do it well imo.
one thing i know for sure, i will be getting some coilovers for my car...

which brand?

you'll have to wait and see.

1999 HUGGER SS SOLD :(
400rwhp (3375lbs)

2002 YELLOW Z06 SOLD :(
360rwhp (3040lbs)

2013 CAMARO ZL1 COMMING SOON
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #33
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
i'm not certain that ours will fit the Crane Truck, so good luck on the new Camaro, lol
Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #34
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
The biggest difference to me was that the Pfadt coilovers did not require drilling. Check out both installs before you buy. The instructions are available on each vendor's site.
With Pedders new endlinks, they no longer require drilling either.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #35
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
With Pedders new endlinks, they no longer require drilling either.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #36
Rob@WretchedMS

Correct, the Pedders coilovers do not require any drilling.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I installed Xa coilovers, rear subframe bushing inserts, differential bushings, front radius rod bushing inserts, sway bars, and endlinks...all from Pedders...and didn't have to drill a single hole.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #38
Rob@WretchedMS

nothing needs to be drilled to install our coilovers.
not the front
not the rear
not the top
not the bottom.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #39
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
nothing needs to be drilled to install our coilovers.
not the front
not the rear
not the top
not the bottom.
Well, my mistake then. However, I'm pretty certain that during my decision stage I had reviewed Pedders' rear coil over installation docs which required drilling of the swaybar bolt (now not required) and a hole to pass through the adjuster knob?? Maybe this was on earlier versions of the coilovers. I'd certainly would have had a more difficult time deciding between Pfadt and Pedders had I not been under this preception.

However, it's certainly not my place to argue against those who have installed the Pedders. Sorry for bringing it up guys.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #40
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Made my decision after spending the day with Pete and Bruce Raymond from Raymonds Alignment in Plainfield IN. I was back and forth on this set up and that set up and the was able to see it all installed on Bruces camaro. I can personally say Pete talked me for hours today concerning my set up. He would have spent even more ti e if that's what it would have taken. How many company owners will do this for you? Not many. Hats off to Justice Pete.
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back
DOD Delete
Forgestar F-14's and Pedders XA + PKG
Custom grind cam from Cincy Speed
ADM dual fuel pump
ADM AF/Boost gauges
FTI 3200 convertor
Hurst shifter
Cincy Speed Build and Tune 540rwhp
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #41
Rob@WretchedMS

Pete is the man, enough said. get the parts installed already, lol
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #42
Rob@WretchedMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Well, my mistake then. However, I'm pretty certain that during my decision stage I had reviewed Pedders' rear coil over installation docs which required drilling of the swaybar bolt (now not required) and a hole to pass through the adjuster knob?? Maybe this was on earlier versions of the coilovers. I'd certainly would have had a more difficult time deciding between Pfadt and Pedders had I not been under this preception.

However, it's certainly not my place to argue against those who have installed the Pedders. Sorry for bringing it up guys.
no worries, just getting the right info out there,
if we can ever help with anything, (our product or not) just let us know.

Closed Thread