Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #57
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I have to work Saturday or I'd be in for dinner.... So Sunday only for me as long as the wife unit is okay with it. Maybe I can persuade her to attend this time.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #58
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Sorry, missed the dinner comment. Dinner sounds great! I know we always are concerned about places to eat with a large group. Do you know where the Florida people are staying? That might help with the decision!
They are staying at the Country Inn & Suites near the track. So far they have not shown any interest in joining up except for the corral. I think they have an agenda planned out, so not sure if they would be joining us. I say we plan something and when it gets closer to the date, I can check with them again.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #59
2SShowngo

Drives: 2013 black ZL1#456
hey David, just so youre in the loop our next meeting is the 20th. this will be our somewhat final preparation before we come up. I know we are meeting around 6am that Friday and convoying up.i believe the hotel is in Braselton,and I know a couple of us have shown interest in heading to Vengeance Racing also. Our President is currently in Europe till the 17th but we will know more in a couple weeks,look forward to meeting you guys
Doug
2SShowngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #60
driser

Thanks Doug. Looking forward to meeting you guys as well...should be a great weekend.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #61
driser

Meet & Greet update

Talked to Cameron, and we are going to set the meeting with him on Saturday after qualifying. This should work out to be early afternoon, which will allow for an early dinner.

The Florida group is meeting on the 20th to finalize their plans, so I should hear from them soon after.

For those who are not going to be there on Saturday, I am sure he would be more than happy to meet again on Sunday...he really seems like a nice guy and really happy to show us around Trans Am.

This should be a really fun weekend.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #62
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi - really looking forward to this event and to meeting those of you coming from Atlanta.

As Doug says we will have firm details after our meeting on the 20th and will keep you all in the loop as to our plans
Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #63
driser

Hey thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to the entire weekend.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #64
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
I am going to have to bow-out on Saturday, running a 10K that day. I am interested though in possibly going Sunday, if anyone else is.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #65
driser

Most of us will be there both days, so come on Sunday. The trans am race is on Sunday .
Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #66
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
As posted in our FL thread:

"Road Atlanta -

Word as of today, The Atlanta Region SCCA is planning to do a package deal for the car corral attendees that will include the track tour on Saturday in your cars. The PDX will require a classroom session and they will pair you with an instructor.

As soon as I have the pricing and info, I will get it out to everyone.

They are also working on a Pre-payment method.....

More to follow....hopefully REAL soon"
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #67
tw3ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SW/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post

"Road Atlanta -

Word as of today, The Atlanta Region SCCA is planning to do a package deal for the car corral attendees that will include the track tour on Saturday in your cars. The PDX will require a classroom session and they will pair you with an instructor.

Sounds great. Looking fwd to meeting new friends and some old ones.
tw3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #68
driser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post

"Road Atlanta -

Sounds Great...thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #69
driser

Latest update on Road Atlanta

Here is the latest info from the Florida group:

I will provide the names either to the club or SCCA whichever they prefer, so let me know if you want to be added or deleted from the list.

"The latest Road Atlanta info....

Spectator tickets can be purchased from Road Atlanta for $40.00 each for the 3-day event, $35 for Sat/Sun, $25 for either Saturday or Sunday, or $15.00 for a Friday-only ticket. The prices for SCCA members, retired military (including families), participating car club members, or those with a valid student ID are $25, $20, $15, and $10 respectively. Active military (with a valid Military ID) will be admitted free of charge. Spectator vehicle parking passes are an additional $5.

Not only will Mid-Florida Camaro Club get the “participating car club” rate on spectator tickets, we will also be able to do the Track Tours on Saturday as part of that package (i.e. – for free).

Although it’s possible to sign up at the event, those wanting to do the PDX on Sunday should probably register beforehand: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...031B7DF9313406. $100 per car for that."
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #70
driser

IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!!

Looks like I am going to be sending a list of our group to the
SCCA, and strangely enough I don't know some of your first names and most of your last.

HERE IS WHAT I NEED:

If you plan on coming to either day, either send me a PM or post here your full name (along with anyone coming with you), and let me know which day (s) you are coming. This is important, because I am assuming that this will be how you get your discounted ticket, parade laps, and corral parking!!!

I have sent an e-mail to the SCCA person asking exactly what he needs and the process for us, so I will let you know as soon as I know something.

Remember this is just a couple of weeks away, so send me your information as soon as possible.