Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #57
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:47 AM   #58
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Eh, I like doing it. You determine what you may want to improve, weigh the cost vs benefit vs. effort, and do what you like.
Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:27 AM   #59
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Uh....you can't make a Neon or Cavalier look good. Are you high, or just drunk?

on Day 3, I ordered my headlights and tail lights, my catch can and my Throttle Controller. Then on day 5, my intake, and everything else came shortly after
I called and ordered a splitter from ACS in the showroom before I signed for the car
Old 01-02-2016, 02:36 AM   #60
FKNGRSY

Drives: 2014 1SS
This thread is just... Wow.
FKNGRSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:23 AM   #61
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamp21 View Post
If you are going to modify why even start with a camaro? You could start with a neon or cavalier and modify it and make it fast and even look good
Every car has room for improvement, even a ~$500,000 lamborghini aventador can probably be improved upon or at least customized.
You've had your car for a month. Give it time. You'll want to do something that separates yours from the cookie cut Camaros. I thought I would never need or want more from my Camaro, but I eventually found the stock power underwhelming. So now here I am, barely clicked over 4,000 miles, and have already done what you see in my signature...
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:41 AM   #62
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
I don't understand why you're concerned with other individuals' priorities & decisions, thereby the point of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
i have a diesel hyundai as a dd and company van so it's purely a toy...problem for us in the last few years is we built a new house and are paying it asap...
priorities in life i think..all the time i have a mortgage that has to come first..
Quote:
i would sooner put 1500 usd into our mortgage...which in 5 years time we will have paid off btw...all the time i have a mortgage i feel any spare money i have must go into that first.
Maybe you should've driven the diesel Hyundai until the mortgage was paid & then purchased a Camaro... you're contradicting yourself.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:53 AM   #63
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i bought a dream car once we finished the house...untill it was all completed i didn't have the cash...
we can pay the house of now...we have enough savings...just dont want to do that with rates at 1.8%..
i like to have money in the bank...
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:29 AM   #64
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Well I for one appreciate the keep the car stock people as there are a lot of them out there and they provide a good unaltered base for those that eventually get their hand me downs and some day want to hot rod the car. Its good the OP wants a catch can and doing minor mods like a catch can helps keep the engine in even better shape down the road.

For everything in life different priorities are what make us do what we do. For those that do not understand, its simple if your bit by the MOD bug someday.. You will understand: its like having your brain taken over by alien body snatchers for some ....LOL .... Its like this story:

Then one day, Grandpa put a motor on his Wheel chair and took off from the old folks home and discovered the local city, he also found a nice little PUB where older people frequented and the Guiness was tastey..... Soon he had all the residents stripping lawnmowers and anything they could find to go to the work shop and make it so they could go to town.... The eventually painted flames on their wheel chairs, added Nitrous and chromed them to pick up chicks...... And the rest is History..... Good Day.... LOL
Old 01-02-2016, 07:33 AM   #65
PowerMax

Drives: '13 BRM 2SS/RS LS3 M6 NPP HSTS
Quote:
.. once we finished the house ...
That's a good one!! I've been a home owner for 25 years, and believe me - a house is never finished ... it is a continuous operation of maintenance and upkeep. Not complaining, just the way it is. Nice shack and Camaro, BTW!!
Old 01-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #66
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I can appreciate the desire to have a stock car. I didn't think that I'd ever buy a modified car, but I bought mine. It was lightly modified, cold air intake, aftermarket mufflers, lowering springs. The guy who owned my car before me still had the stock springs and runs a mechanic shop so I had him put the stock springs back on because the ride was a little rough to be a DD for my wife who had just been in a major accident. Well, soon after we bought it my wife got scared to DD the car and so I went to town planning the mods since I already didn't have all of the factory parts. Since I don't plan on ever selling this car I don't mind modifying it a little more to my liking because I don't care if anyone else likes it, it's mine. However, to date the only modification that I have done that can't be put back to stock is a ported throttle body, and all I really have to do to put it stock is buy another throttle body. If one day 40+ years down the road I think, "I want a stock 2010 Camaro for a collector car" then I can put stuff back, but until then I plan on having fun with her because she is mine, and the heck with what anyone else wants.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #67
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Vehicle customization is a reflection of personality. Also, the car comes great from the factory, with a lot of potential. This is why people make their cars faster. Some of us like speed, some of us like style.

Don't have the "a car is just a car" mentality lol.
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #68
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Lol. I would never leave a car stock, that's just not my personality. I like to make things mine, add my own flair into it. A stock car is just boring to me.

Brb not going to decorate or paint my house. It's the exact same idea.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #69
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
My thought is that these are cars are still too new, the technology still too current for a bone stock, "factory fresh" example to garner a lot of attention. Now, fast forward, even ten years from now, and a "showroom" fifth gen is going get as much attention at a car meet, if not more, than it's modded brothers.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #70
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
The only changes I've made to my 2010 SS are things I wish Chevy had done or offered from the factory:

1) SS emblems for the fenders.
2) Proper exhaust.
3) Factory chrome wheels.
4) Chromed door handles.
5) Bright fog lamp bezels.
5) full unibody insulation.