Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
Can't decide on headers

I'm looking for headers either short or long for my v6 camaro and I wanted some of your opinions on which to get. I have the SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust with K&N air intake. I've heard good things about BBK, Stainless works, and Doug Thorley but I cant decide . I want headers that will give me the best sound and I will be getting the Trifecta tune once I get the money for it. What do you all think?!?!?!

If anyone has the SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust with any headers would you mind putting up a sound clip so I know what to expect?
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
SLP loudmouth 1 is basically straight pipes correct? If so your going to need to add some sort of resonated pipe in the middle for a good sound if you go long. There will be alot of rasp.

If you dont care about long or short i would go long tube. The gaines are alot higher.

Are you looking for cats or cat delete? I personally have OBX LT and thats a cat delete and love the sound of mine paired with ARK.

What ever you decided youll love the extra power out of it. And with trifecta youll be loving it even more.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
If you're looking for sound get short pipes. I've done both. The sound was better with shorties but the power is definitely noticeable with the long tubes.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
Thanks for the input guys, I've decided that I definately want long tubes, couldnt resist the urge for more power . I'm leaning towards BBK or Stainless works on because of the good prices, but I heard Doug Thorley is making long tubes for the v6 so I'm going to wait and see how those come out before I make a decision.
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
UltrasonicKing

Drives: 2011 1LT Camaro Cyber Grey
i have personaly had loudmouth 1 with bbk longtube and hiflow cats, love the sound, you will get ppl asking you if its a v8 or v6 , but i would keep stock resonators. and dont forget it will be extreamly loud, it will shake cars behind you if you rev the engine.
UltrasonicKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Go for SW.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
love my SW LT's.. but not sure what a v6 would sound like..
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I have SW 1 3/4" LT'S and like them a lot. That said I don't think you can go wrong with the BBK's either. Get the best deal. Both are great. As for exhaust I think you'll dig the V8ish rumble down low but you're going to have a decent amount of rasp and drone. You may want to look at a Magnaflow res x-pipe to take the edge off. If you've got extra mod money burning a hole in your pocket then take a hard look at a quality cat back. Corsa and ARK are the most expensive but there is a good reason why. MSRB is an oft overlooked catback but a good one. SOLO is good but it plays better with anything but LT's IMO. Good luck with your exhaust.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Kooks LT..
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
beefcake
Account Suspended

Drives: Mustang
The SW is top quality stuff, you wouldn't be dissapointed
beefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
UltrasonicKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Kooks LT..
sorry to been mean about this, but i have not heard much about kooks, and they are a little to cheap, which usually means not good quality. but thats just my opinion, like i said have not heard much, do they come with hi flow or cat delete?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I have SW 1 3/4" LT'S and like them a lot. That said I don't think you can go wrong with the BBK's either. Get the best deal. Both are great. As for exhaust I think you'll dig the V8ish rumble down low but you're going to have a decent amount of rasp and drone. You may want to look at a Magnaflow res x-pipe to take the edge off. If you've got extra mod money burning a hole in your pocket then take a hard look at a quality cat back. Corsa and ARK are the most expensive but there is a good reason why. MSRB is an oft overlooked catback but a good one. SOLO is good but it plays better with anything but LT's IMO. Good luck with your exhaust.
MBRP?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
UltrasonicKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
MBRP?
i dont know what it stands for, but i do know its a good brand.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
if this was only a month ago I would have said OBX all day since it's cheap and SS(supposedly), anyhow, I been chasing this weird noise from this header for months and months and there seem to be some peoples that are going through some rust issues already, including myself but nothing big, a little surface rust for me. I am looking forward to doug thourley's long tube that they are currently working on, but I def wouldn't mind going with BBK or stainless as many have already pointed out.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote