Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
affguy

Drives: 2012 SS/RS silver ice vert LS3
First ding

Tomorrow will be three weeks I've had my car, and two weeks since her first "gotcha". Last weekend I let my fiance take it out of town to what I knew was going to be her surprise bridal shower, while I went the other direction for the Mariner's home opener. When we got home, she gave me the "So I have a confession to make...", and my heart kind of sank while I waited for the blow. Turns out to not be a very big deal, and not her fault. She made a pit stop in a small town, and when she got back in the car, her and our friend's daughter who was riding with her smelled something burning, then noticed smoke coming from the center console. The bottle of water in the cup holder was causing a magnifying glass effect with the sun and burning the upholstery. She quickly moved the bottle, no big crisis, but Misty (the car) now has a burn mark maybe a bit bigger than a piece of rice on top of the center console. Glad that fabric is flame-resistant!
affguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Woah! Sounds like it coulda been worse! And I know not to leave a water bottle in the open sun now! Not in my camaro at least... haha

Glad it was all good in the end
Old 04-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Sounds like a good reason to tint the windows! more mods!

Sorry to hear about the burn though. If you figure out a good way to repair, please post how you did or what you did to correct.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
My wife was not allowed to drive my new '99 Cobra. In fairness, I bought her a SHO. Went on a guy trip, and parked my Harley behind the Cobra with the helmet on the seat. When I returned, I noticed a scuff on the helmet. She'd moved the bike to get the car out.

I'm not married any more.
strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote