Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #57
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Colin, is there another LFX NPP video/sound clip somewhere that I can't find? I've looked everywhere and while I can find the exhaust, no one has a clip of it actually working outside of the car.
I will look around I'm busy as of now. Will look later

Colin Gordon
Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #58
kflip

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Does anyone have any clips of the MRT V2 from inside the car? I love the sound outside but since I drive a lot on freeways I don't want it to be too loud inside the car. It was fine when I was 18 but now I'm looking for a more quite ride inside. Other exhaust suggestions would help to if you think a better option would be better for what I'm looking for.
2008 Trailblazer SS
1972 MGB (Not a Chevy, But A Damn Fun Car)
kflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #59
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflip View Post
Does anyone have any clips of the MRT V2 from inside the car? I love the sound outside but since I drive a lot on freeways I don't want it to be too loud inside the car. It was fine when I was 18 but now I'm looking for a more quite ride inside. Other exhaust suggestions would help to if you think a better option would be better for what I'm looking for.
The MRT V2 from what you want is the way to go!

Colin Gordon
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #60
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
The following are from Marano Racing website. I think he has the 2010 or 2011 but the sound is the same on my 2012 as the video. There is a very slight drone at around 70 to 75 on the interstate but to me it is not all that bad. It is actually not that loud until you put the hammer down and then it talks. The in cab video is about as close to what mine sounds like, but of course I think it sounds better in person.

Last edited by skibik; 12-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #61
kflip

Thanks Skibik! Sounds great, but I think the wife would kill me cuz of the interior noise and then I'd be stuck driving her lexus IS all the time when we go out together.
2008 Trailblazer SS
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #62
skibik

Not a problem , glad to help. I just have to say one last thing, no I am not married and not trying to sound like Dr. Phil. This goes no matter what exhaust you get but if you want to add it do it (of course run it by her first) and I say this only if you are driving the car a lot other than taking her out on the town. I would compromise and just drive her Lexus when you are taking her out, you never know she may even like the sound of the new exhaust, play it for her and ask her what she thinks. I was happier then flies on S*%@ when I got the car and a week later I put the mufflers on was even happier and after 6 months I still get a smile every time I turn the key and fire it up and the smile gets bigger when I lay into the pedal. JMO.

Dean.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #63
kflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Not a problem , glad to help. I just have to say one last thing, no I am not married and not trying to sound like Dr. Phil. This goes no matter what exhaust you get but if you want to add it do it (of course run it by her first) and I say this only if you are driving the car a lot other than taking her out on the town. I would compromise and just drive her Lexus when you are taking her out, you never know she may even like the sound of the new exhaust, play it for her and ask her what she thinks. I was happier then flies on S*%@ when I got the car and a week later I put the mufflers on was even happier and after 6 months I still get a smile every time I turn the key and fire it up and the smile gets bigger when I lay into the pedal. JMO.

Dean.
I get what your saying. Unfortunately anytime we go anywhere I always drive. Don't get me wrong her car is a Lexus IS350 and its fun to drive but its not my CAMARO. I'm thinking about the Dynomax VT as an option as well. I think that might be a little more tame on the interior which she would be ok with. Marriage...it's all about compromise. I'm only two years in, but I learned that quick.
2008 Trailblazer SS
Old 12-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Marriage...it's all about compromise. I'm only two years in, but I learned that quick.
Two VERY important words to remember in order to make marriage work: "Yes, dear!"

The alternative, to quote a Texas divorce lawyer (Texas being a community property state): 50 percent of everything is yours, now we negotiate/fight for the other 50 percent.

Choices, choices, choices!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #65
skibik

Quote:
I get what your saying. Unfortunately anytime we go anywhere I always drive. Don't get me wrong her car is a Lexus IS350 and its fun to drive but its not my CAMARO. I'm thinking about the Dynomax VT as an option as well. I think that might be a little more tame on the interior which she would be ok with. Marriage...it's all about compromise. I'm only two years in, but I learned that quick.

I get the marriage thing is a compromise, probably why I'm still single. The only question I have is did you ask or show her the clip to get her opinion? Other than that good luck.

Dean.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #66
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Been married 23 years, and I know all about compromise. Wouldn't change a thing either. If you want her to ride in your car then make it so she will like to ride in it, not the way that makes her uncomfortable in it. Sure, you can mod it to make it better/louder/ect. but make damn sure she approves it before you do it. I you don't and do whatever anyway don't be mad or surprised she doesn't want to ride around in it. It's still my car, but I do want her to be with me when I drive around in it.

But that could just me.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #67
skibik

FYI, just about any aftermarket you add is going to make it louder. If you are going to keep her happy you might want to think about sticking with the stock exhaust. Also just a note, a friend and I went on a road trip, 50 miles 1 way, the sound in the car on the MRT exhaust at 55 to 60 is actually quieter then the video above.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #68
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Quote:
Been married 23 years, and I know all about compromise. Wouldn't change a thing either. If you want her to ride in your car then make it so she will like to ride in it, not the way that makes her uncomfortable in it. Sure, you can mod it to make it better/louder/ect. but make damn sure she approves it before you do it. I you don't and do whatever anyway don't be mad or surprised she doesn't want to ride around in it. It's still my car, but I do want her to be with me when I drive around in it.

But that could just me.
Definitely not just you, I couldn't agree more. That's how all successful marriages are!
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #69
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
FYI, just about any aftermarket you add is going to make it louder. If you are going to keep her happy you might want to think about sticking with the stock exhaust. Also just a note, a friend and I went on a road trip, 50 miles 1 way, the sound in the car on the MRT exhaust at 55 to 60 is actually quieter then the video above.
Loud is not the problem. She likes it when it sounds good and a bit louder- To a point. The problem lies when it's all the time. She loves the sound of my Ducati, but it stays loud with it's Termignoni exhaust and she can't handle that. She won't ride my Ducati with me that much for that reason. (Well, and the fact the back seat is the size of a postage stamp but that's another story lol.)

But that's why I'm looking hard into the GM NPP Dual Mode exhaust. Might be a little more expensive but may be worth it on my end. I'm still on the fence considering the MRT, Borla, and NPP though. I hate rasp too. I don't want it to sound like it's got rice pouring out the exhaust. Need more soundclips. What I really need is to experience them first hand and hear them in person. Then I'll truly know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
Definitely not just you, I couldn't agree more. That's how all successful marriages are!
True that!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #70
skibik

Quote:
The problem lies when it's all the time.

What I should be trying to say is that at cruising speed I don't think the MRT exhaust is any louder then the stock exhaust and I think the tone is different and I think it is slightly lower than stock. But that is the way I hear it and others may hear it different. The big difference is when you get on the gas it sounds 100X better then the stock exhaust that is on the car.

Nuff said!
Dean.