Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Race the Runway

Looks like August 15th is the Race the Runway date this year.
Ignore the date on the old poster from 2012. it's just a cool pic.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #2
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Bummed they decided to move it up a week. Will be on left coast. No Apres Runway this year folks.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
stratman2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Bummed they decided to move it up a week. Will be on left coast. No Apres Runway this year folks.
Now that's disappointing!!

You could leave a key under the mat?
Rick will be in charge.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
ripcard
INJACC

I figure everyone will be in Oshawa anyway.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
stratman2SSRS

I think we are going to race the runway and then head to BBOMG for the evening festivities.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
How do you sign up for this event, do you know when registration will open up? Seen it sold out fast last year and I'd like to try entering this year.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVERL8TE View Post
How do you sign up for this event, do you know when registration will open up? Seen it sold out fast last year and I'd like to try entering this year.
They will post it on the website I'm sure but stratman or myself can probably give you a heads up. We've done it every year.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #8
NVERL8TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
They will post it on the website I'm sure but stratman or myself can probably give you a heads up. We've done it every year.
Thanks, that would be great.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:28 AM   #9
stratman2SSRS

They will give returning drivers first dibbs on spots for this year, then open it up a few days later.
We'll let you know when we get some info.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I will have to try and make it out this year.
DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #11
NVERL8TE

From their website looks like they have sent emails to drivers from last year. Hope a few don't return so I could get a chance this year.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
ripcard
INJACC

Yup got the email last night. You can have my spot. Won't be there this year. Going to be on the left coast when it runs. They moved it up a week and I didn't anticipate that.

Here is part of the email:

Gentlemen,

There have been some challenges, but I’m happy to say that Race the Runway 2015 is now ready to take Smiths Falls by storm on August 15, 2015!! Thanks for your patience as we got everything aligned.

As usual, our returning drivers have the opportunity to register before we open things up to the general public. Preregistration will be available until midnight, April 29 and open registration will follow the next day.

If you intend to join us again, I would strongly encourage you to preregister as spots always sell out in a day or two.

Important Changes for This Year
As you probably know, it’s very tough to get permission to run this type of event and even tougher to get insurance – which we must have in order to use the runway. Because of this, we have had to make the following changes:

1. Fees have gone up to $245 for single drivers and $295 for drivers with a passenger. This increase is entirely to cover our extra insurance.

2. The run will be slightly less than half a mile. The reason for this is that the cars are getting faster and it’s becoming difficult for some cars to stop. The reduction will be between 100 and 300 feet. We are still working this out

3. More cars! We’ll be running 20 more cars this year. Should make for a good crowd.

4. Direction change: We’ll be running in the opposite direction from last year. This gives a bigger staging area and will give spectators a better view of the launch.

Still want to register? Thought so...

(Last part removed as it applies to returning drivers only)

Hope to see you at the airport!!

Peter
Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Your out in my neck of the woods for August?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #14
ripcard
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Your out in my neck of the woods for August?

Yup, land in Van on the 7th in time for the Abbotsford Air Show. Visit with my Sis for a bit and then...

Flying back on the 21st.