Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Thumbs down USW Forged / US Wheel - Huntington Beach, CA

Have been working with these guys since September to get my wheels built. Even ran around to get another set of their wheels on the car for the Drive magazine cover. Car was supposed to go to SEMA in November.

1) Called 10/20 to check on wheels for SEMA. Was told the powder coating did not come out as they expected, so they were redoing. Friday 10/30 went to pick up wheels, they had forgot to put the lip stripe back on after stripping and redoing the powdercoating. Car did not go to SEMA. I still did, it was a great show!

2) Got a call 11/12 that the wheels were done and ready for pick up. Went by on Monday 11/16. Lip stripe was back, but they were trying to sell me 10 FOOT WHEELS! I call them 10 footers, because from 10 feet they look great. Upon inspection of the wheels I found that they had not painted the holes where the lugnuts recess into. They sprayed over he holes, so only the first 1/2 inch got any color. There were nicks in the hoops that were powdercoated over, there was a couple buff marks in the powderocating on the hoops, and there was IOM overspray on the black centers! I almost could have lived with the nicks, but the rest had to be corrected. :(

3) Got a call 11/27 that they were ready for the third time. Out of town, called back and went to get them 12/1. Asked if they now looked like a $6000 set of wheels and if they represented the level of quality they normally produce? Answerd YES, went to get them. They had painted the lug nut holes IOM, but the buff marks and over spray were still on the wheels, never tried to correct.

I understand that I was not paying full retail for the wheels, but they had hoped to generate some interest in their wheels from all the exposure that my car gets. You would think they would want the best possible wheels going on the car for all to see. I was not going to take any ribbing from you all over a crappy set of wheels!

THEY WERE HAPPY TO TAKE MY MONEY AND LET ME WALK OUT WITH SECONDS!!!

My wife could not believe how many times I went back. I would not recommend them to anybody.

THREE STRIKES AND YOUR OOOOUT!

Last edited by d69chris; 12-06-2009 at 12:28 AM.
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
d69chris
Florida C5

Their Baaaack, buyer beware...........

I guess they thought two months was long enough to lay low!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Their Baaaack, buyer beware...........

I guess they thought two months was long enough to lay low!

Dude, you're all over it. Must have been a bad experience.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
d69chris
Florida C5

Would not have put the wheels on for FREE! Guys here would have been ALL over me!

I got them a cover on Drive Magazine with their 22", drove all over for a week to make that happen!

Car was supposed to be at SEMA, they messed that one up. I already had the arrangement made, so I went. GREAT show!

After three weeks, they said with powder coating, that was the best they could do.

I thought they would have want the $6000 set of wheels to be 110% for everyone to see......I guess I'm just Nucken Futz

Ya, I'm still pissed..........
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
OOO hot august nights! Finally got in there year and it was BADASS!
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
d69chris
Florida C5

Nice, Tommy!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
I know USW wheels personally and they are great people.

I saw the wheels you are talking about Chris at their warehouse and they look great! I didnt see anything that wrong with them.

Bismark is a great guy and its not cool that you say all these bad things about them. It was probably an honest mistake for what ever happened.

Many people on the LX forums say great things about them and never had a problem.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #8
d69chris
Florida C5

Do you get their wheels on your car for free for SEMA? Just wanting to understand your angle.

Three of the four wheels were messed up and they kept having me come back to inspect the same problems twice. How can you call it an honest mistake when I pointed out the issues, they took a week to correct them, I come back in and they had done NOTHING to the wheels. Their final answer was, "That is the best we can do with powdercoated wheels.

I might imagine that in the last two months they may have had the wheels fixed, so they may be able to sell them.

If the wheels were good, why would I not have bought them and put them on my car? I was getting a good deal, I'm not stupid. I even weight taking them the way they were and getting them reshot myself. I figured that was doing them another favor and not representative of their work, so I opted not to.

At the good deal price, they were not willing to correct the problems with the wheels. Which is funny. Had I taken them the way they were, you all at the meets would have been saying, dude....those wheels are messed up! And they would have had a poor showing.

This is my experience, I'm not speaking for anyone else.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #9
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Do you get their wheels on your car for free for SEMA? Just wanting to understand your angle.

Three of the four wheels were messed up and they kept having me come back to inspect the same problems twice. How can you call it an honest mistake when I pointed out the issues, they took a week to correct them, I come back in and they had done NOTHING to the wheels. Their final answer was, "That is the best we can do with powdercoated wheels.

I might imagine that in the last two months they may have had the wheels fixed, so they may be able to sell them.

If the wheels were good, why would I not have bought them and put them on my car? I was getting a good deal, I'm not stupid. I even weight taking them the way they were and getting them reshot myself. I figured that was doing them another favor and not representative of their work, so I opted not to.

At the good deal price, they were not willing to correct the problems with the wheels. Which is funny. Had I taken them the way they were, you all at the meets would have been saying, dude....those wheels are messed up! And they would have had a poor showing.

This is my experience, I'm not speaking for anyone else.

I am not running their wheels, and didnt get anything for SEMA from them. I will be doing business soon though. I knew them though for over a year now and bismark seems like a really cool guy.

I am not saying your side is wrong or anything. Cause its non of my business of what happened between you guys, i am just reporting what i saw and know about USW.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
d69chris
Florida C5

If the wheels were right, I would have been STUPID not to buy them.

I'm glad you have a positive view of them, I wish you luck on your future transaction.