Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 04-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #15
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
As I posted before, mine does it sometimes, but not always. It usually happens after a hard launch and occurs sometime before traps (some people have said that they thought I was making fun of my opponent in the other lane). We have chased the problem many times but do not think it is a ground problem but like I said before we think the body control module (under the dash very hard to get at) is faulty.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
The CBC, ESP and ORC talk to each other in a Mercedes. GM has a simular setup. Maybe with the abs and airbags being modded the two CUs dont know whats going on and what to do about it from the launch being a jolt to the car.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #17
BradySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well after trying a bunch of different things that didn't work I found some information on how to disable the SIR system. I thought it had to be some kind of sensor that got removed from the seats making the car act up and got thinking about some wrecks I've seen and the hazards turn on automatically. Kind of sounded like my situation only coming on under hard acceleration. Here are the fuses I removed.

Instrument panel
F24 AOS Fuse
F3 AIRBAG Fuse

Underhood
F17UA SDM/IGN Fuse
F18UA RUN/CRANK Body fuse

Pulled these fuses made two test hits launching the car off the trans brake and going through all the gears and no emergency lights.
BradySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #18
GMRACIN

Drives: GM
I have a customers car coming in with the same complaint. His car is 100% stock and never raced.
GMRACIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #19
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRACIN View Post
I have a customers car coming in with the same complaint. His car is 100% stock and never raced.
Interesting. I thought it was my sests but maybe its not?
Old 07-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #20
Warhorse

Drives: 2011 Syn Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradySS View Post
Interesting. I thought it was my sests but maybe its not?
Had the same problem after a roll race from 2nd. Stock seats with built 6L80E. At end of pull both dome light and flashers came on. Would not turn off manually at switches. Cycled key couple times and back to normal. I noticed stabletrac light also was on.
I had TC and Stability Trac turned off during run. Found that with cut outs open the stabletrac light always comes on after even a short pull. Reset and make same pull with cut outs closed and no stabletrac light.

Don't know what's up but something is causing the dome/flasher light problem. What do we have or do in common that makes this problem occur?
Some kind of sensor I suspect but it is very annoying and makes you look like a dumb a** at a ricer meet when they come on.
5th Gen Camaro, 430ci LSx, Ported Mast 280's, E85 Flex fuel, ID1300's, Squash return, TVS 2300 w/Nitrous Outlet 250 Shot Direct Port, Nano, LPE 10/14 Rib, OD Crank, OD Rear, 2.8" upper, RDS Plate, NW102, 5" Intake, 2" ARH, PATC Built A6, BMR 15" Brake Conv. w/Drag Suspension, Front QA1 DA's, Weld S76 beadlocks & "V" Series fronts. STILL 1k too heavy!!!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #21
Warhorse

Quote:
Well after trying a bunch of different things that didn't work I found some information on how to disable the SIR system. I thought it had to be some kind of sensor that got removed from the seats making the car act up and got thinking about some wrecks I've seen and the hazards turn on automatically. Kind of sounded like my situation only coming on under hard acceleration. Here are the fuses I removed.

Instrument panel
F24 AOS Fuse
F3 AIRBAG Fuse

Underhood
F17UA SDM/IGN Fuse
F18UA RUN/CRANK Body fuse

Pulled these fuses made two test hits launching the car off the trans brake and going through all the gears and no emergency lights.
Any more info on this problem? My dome and hazard lights come during every nitrous pull with cut outs open. Seems to have something to do with stabletrac as it always comes on with cutouts open with or without nitrous
5th Gen Camaro, 430ci LSx, Ported Mast 280's, E85 Flex fuel, ID1300's, Squash return, TVS 2300 w/Nitrous Outlet 250 Shot Direct Port, Nano, LPE 10/14 Rib, OD Crank, OD Rear, 2.8" upper, RDS Plate, NW102, 5" Intake, 2" ARH, PATC Built A6, BMR 15" Brake Conv. w/Drag Suspension, Front QA1 DA's, Weld S76 beadlocks & "V" Series fronts. STILL 1k too heavy!!!
Old 09-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #22
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Any more info on this problem? My dome and hazard lights come during every nitrous pull with cut outs open. Seems to have something to do with stabletrac as it always comes on with cutouts open with or without nitrous
I'm in the process of swapping to an aftermarket engine management system and I'll most likely be losing the bcm in the process, hopefully eliminating this issue
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I have heard of this before so you may want to search on it. I do not know the resolution.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #24
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I just run open headers on the car. Maybe that's triggering some sensor from the vibration? I don't know exactly what did it but I did a couple of mods at one time which were gears and the aftermarket seats and then the problem showed up. Gears wouldn't change it so I thought for sure it was the seats. The car had open headers before I removed the seats and I don't remember it having the problem then but that was some time ago and my memory isn't that great.

Hopefully you figure it out. I got so many damn fuses pulled now to make the car run right and not have the hazards come on it makes me want as holley dominator standalone ecu.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #25
ttshovel

come to think of it mine was only tripping the hazards with open headers as well
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
Old 09-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #26
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I think there are some sensors under the car that sense vibration with cut out or open headers. You may need to move your cut outs further back. I saw a video where GuitarmageddonZL1's air bags deployed on a youtube video when he had his cut outs open and he stated that there are sensors under the car that caused it.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
ttshovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I think there are some sensors under the car that sense vibration with cut out or open headers. You may need to move your cut outs further back. I saw a video where GuitarmageddonZL1's air bags deployed on a youtube video when he had his cut outs open and he stated that there are sensors under the car that caused it.
I'm not really concerned about it on my personal car as all the air bags and factory wiring is being removed.

that sounds more like an airbag sensor picked something up to deploy it. idk what sensors there are under the car? I've never seen any while under mine
Old 10-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #28
Warhorse

Quote:
I just run open headers on the car. Maybe that's triggering some sensor from the vibration? I don't know exactly what did it but I did a couple of mods at one time which were gears and the aftermarket seats and then the problem showed up. Gears wouldn't change it so I thought for sure it was the seats. The car had open headers before I removed the seats and I don't remember it having the problem then but that was some time ago and my memory isn't that great.

Hopefully you figure it out. I got so many damn fuses pulled now to make the car run right and not have the hazards come on it makes me want as holley dominator standalone ecu.
Did you find that ALL the fuses you stated had to be removed or did you isolate problem down to a particular fuse? Is there a way to keep airbags but disable other possible causes? I still drive on street and airbags are desired. Is there any way to identify the components that are effected by each of the fuses you removed? Would be nice to find out if hazards/dome lights were caused by just vibration or some other motion type sensor.

With headers open and blower only pull, no hazards. Nitrous pull with headers/cut outs open, hazards and dome lights come on.
Cut outs are mounted below seats and are turned slightly in towards each other as to maximize what little ground clearance available.