Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
A Camaro Christmas Story (Becky Related)

Hi guys. We purchased our 2012 2LT 45th through Becky from Rodgers Chevrolet, and I cannot stress enough how helpful and generous she has been through our entire purchasing process. We were a little skeptical at first about purchasing a new vehicle across state lines, but she has simplified it from start to finish. She has also went well above and beyond what any local dealer in my area would have done, from applying a $1500 discount that I received from GM AFTER the agreement was signed (this would have NEVER happened in my area), to sending numerous items in the mail, and just remaining in contact throughout the entire process. Again I could not thank her enough, so I decided to share a personal story with her as a thank you. After she read the story she suggested, although very personal, that I share the story with the C5 community, and after thinking about it my wife and I agreed, so I am going to share it with you guys and girls and hope it will brighten your day.
Here is a copy of the email we sent her:
__________________________________________________ _________

Hi Becky,

Once again we cannot thank you enough for the Signed Camaro Painting you sent us. We are VERY appreciative. To show how thankful we are I am going to share a story with you:

My wife and I met in 1993. At the time I had a 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo that was my baby (she always teases me that it was the car she fell in love with back then, lol) She said she loved the Monte but that she always wanted a Camaro. When we met I told her about the 1986 Z28 I once had, and she would always say that there are 2 things she wants before she lives this life out: children and a new Camaro. We have been trying to have children via infertility treatments for over 10 years, and after a miscarriage and many unsuccessful attempts we were unable to conceive so we decided to go the route of adoption. Two years ago, we adopted a baby boy, only to have the mother change her mind and take the child back - in the state of PA the law is 30 days to change their mind. Of course it was a very traumatic and depressing event to say the least. Since then, we figured that road has been closed with the passage of time so I told her "to hell with it, since the Camaro is back in production we are getting a new one" and she was thrilled beyond imagination, and from there, well, you know the rest of that story.

So with a new payment book in hand we received a call last month. Can you guess what that call was about??? Yep, it was our attorney and she said there is a baby girl to be born next month and she will be up for adoption if we are still interested. We couldn't believe our ears. So fast forward a month later and we are now a family of 4 (Me; my wife, the Camaro) and the new addition "Camara Lynn". When we were asked what we were going to name the baby I just looked at my wife and said "What do you think about Camara Lynn" and she said absolutely. So this Christmas we will have both Camaro and Camara (Cammie for short). Something in the back of my mind told me that if we got the Camaro, the rest would fall into place. To quote Shoeless Joe Jackson in the Field Of Dreams: "Build it and (s)he will come" - Imagine that :-)
__________________________________________________ __________

Although we are still within the 30 days and the birth parents could still change their mind, we are hopeful that it all works out this time. Wish us luck.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
SILVER79

Drives: SILVER
Awesome story, CONGRATULATIONS. Merry Christmas!
SILVER79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
We are thinking positive thoughts for you and the family. May this be the best Christmas you have ever had!
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Great story!

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Amazing story. I love that name, Camara. Glad everything is looking up and congratulations on your family getting larger! Enjoy the ride and the new baby!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
What an awesome story!! Thanks for sharing. Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
My dealer gave us a couple GM discounts in addition to our GMS discount after we had agreed on everything. They came up to an additional $6,000 off our previously agreed upon price. They were GM incentives but then they sent us a dealer coupon for 25% off any GM accessory. Came in handy on that new tire, wheel and TPMS set. Almost another $900 off. Agreed, it's a good time to be buying GM vehicals no matter the dealer.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
yeHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Great story!! I hope it all works out for you.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Proof that Miracles do come true and Patiences is a virtue.................and all in good time. Congrats on the Abundance of Your Blessings...........and Wishing You all the Merriest of Holiday Memories. Oh! Don't forget the Reasons for the Season.....He's Real.............From Casper's Clan
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
God bless Camara Lynn and her special parents this Christmas!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Great story! And great choice of camaro.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
1CamaroSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
WOW! What an awesome story....Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas and God Bless you! Miracles do Happen! Camara Lynn....Love that name!!!

1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote