Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #1121
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I ran a 103.4 trap speed with a 60' time of 2.027. My ET was only 13.783

I just don't see it happening for you Darkness, but time slips can be posted to prove us wrong.

I have not been able to repeat that performance yet. I have made 69 passes over 6 different dates. I have every slip and a spread sheet of all my info.
Im going to upload the slips today.

If you follow the logic that every .1 off your 60' gives you ~.2 in the 1/4 then I ran two 13.6's assuming a 2.0 60' which I managed stock. Then when you factor in Island's slower times you can take off about .2 so it was about two 13.4 runs but the launches kept me from "officially" getting those times. The numbers dont lie.

But like I said Ill post them up soon and let ya'll yell at me and tell me Im wrong some more LOLOL
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #1122
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Im going to upload the slips today.

If you follow the logic that every .1 off your 60' gives you ~.2 in the 1/4 then I ran two 13.6's assuming a 2.0 60' which I managed stock. Then when you factor in Island's slower times you can take off about .2 so it was about two 13.4 runs but the launches kept me from "officially" getting those times. The numbers dont lie.

But like I said Ill post them up soon and let ya'll yell at me and tell me Im wrong some more LOLOL
Trust me... it is never that simple...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #1123
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
D'oah... thought you were an auto.... my bad!

Ok... i wold try a bit longer burnout to get some heat into the tires.. Also lower the rear PSI. I would start at 28 and then maybe drop down to 26..

That sounds good - I'll try that.

I'm also starting to feel like my 20x10 wheels out back are a limiting factor. I wonder if running my stock 18's would help any?...even if their grip is less and they are more narrow @ 245 compared to the 285 I currently have...
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra
stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #1124
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
That sounds good - I'll try that.

I'm also starting to feel like my 20x10 wheels out back are a limiting factor. I wonder if running my stock 18's would help any?...even if their grip is less and they are more narrow @ 245 compared to the 285 I currently have...
those 20x10s are going to be HEAVY! Could very well be better off with the 18s.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #1125
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Trust me... it is never that simple...
Aint that the truth, I have a lot of 'IF' scenarios too..

btw what's your fastest ET in that school buss scrming?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #1126
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Aint that the truth, I have a lot of 'IF' scenarios too..

btw what's your fastest ET in that school buss scrming?
13.42@102 MPH... Truly 100% except for the Tune... (was 14.2 100% stock).
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #1127
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 9,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Im going to upload the slips today.

If you follow the logic that every .1 off your 60' gives you ~.2 in the 1/4 then I ran two 13.6's assuming a 2.0 60' which I managed stock. Then when you factor in Island's slower times you can take off about .2 so it was about two 13.4 runs but the launches kept me from "officially" getting those times. The numbers dont lie.

But like I said Ill post them up soon and let ya'll yell at me and tell me Im wrong some more LOLOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Trust me... it is never that simple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Aint that the truth, I have a lot of 'IF' scenarios too..

btw what's your fastest ET in that school buss scrming?



YEP, NEVER that EASY.

If I was to use the darkness logic, which I have the last few times out, but then the track says otherwise.

My thinking was the Trifecta tune (cam phase) worth 13 hp at the wheels along with the ported throttle body another few hp, would have produced at least another .15 - .20 Then factor in the drag radials would be another at least .10. So in my mind I was thinking I could see a .25 - .30 off my best of 13.783. This in theory would get me down to a 13.483 to a 13.52 range.

GUESS WHAT..........didn't happen. Haven't been back into the 13's yet.

Track and weather dictate much of this theory.

Maybe next time?
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #1128
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Track and weather dictate much of this theory.

Maybe next time?
So true...
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #1129
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
13.42@102 MPH... Truly 100% except for the Tune... (was 14.2 100% stock).
See? 13.4 at 102. I bet you had a low 60'. 101-104 trap speeds are mid to low 13 second cars. The only reason you dont run a mid 13 is because of a bad 60'.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #1130
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
See? 13.4 at 102. I bet you had a low 60'. 101-104 trap speeds are mid to low 13 second cars. The only reason you dont run a mid 13 is because of a bad 60'.



But you can't really compare anything off my timeslips... 1000 pounds heavier, incredibly NON-Aerodynamic and twin turbos.

Wind just kills me on the big end... Look at my 1/8th ET on this slip and then compare 1/4 stats to the previous slip...




The EASIEST and BEST thing is to relax and just go out and RUN your car at the track and stop sweating all the theoretical numbers!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #1131
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
13.42@102 MPH... Truly 100% except for the Tune... (was 14.2 100% stock).
Stupid turbos
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #1132
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

The EASIEST and BEST thing is to relax and just go out and RUN your car at the track and stop sweating all the theoretical numbers!
Exactly, unless you want the theoretical "ricer-math" crown.
My fastest time had one of my slowest mph at the line of the night(rev-limiter or shift to fourth each run).
__________________
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
-Ricky Bobby
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #1133
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90
 
67 GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Pa.
Posts: 1,877
Let me see, since I did a 13.74, I replaced the Injen with a Vararam. That's worth .3, it says so on their site. .........................
Also added the pulley, VMaxx TB and a canned tune. That should be worth a tenth or two.

Look out scrming.........
__________________


GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #1134
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Let me see, since I did a 13.74, I replaced the Injen with a Vararam. That's worth .3, it says so on their site. .........................
Also added the pulley, VMaxx TB and a canned tune. That should be worth a tenth or two.

Look out scrming.........
Bring it!!!! You and your pal ROD1! I am ready for you guys this year!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 10:40 AM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Modern Camaro Performance - Lowest Prices Anywhere! PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 11-03-2010 10:50 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Stock Pirelli's Fast List GQ4Life Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 17 07-07-2010 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.