Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #71
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I understand where SSmoked is coming from though. Obviously the AWD Audi is going to be easier to drive, but like I said, more rewarding to learn how to do something hard than take the easy road.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #72
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
I'd learn how to drive the "slow" "tame" supercar well first then move up ZR1.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #73
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I understand where SSmoked is coming from though. Obviously the AWD Audi is going to be easier to drive, but like I said, more rewarding to learn how to do something hard than take the easy road.
I realize your probably just talking about the principal... but buying a ZR1 to 'learn' how to drive it is a bad idea.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #74
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I realize your probably just talking about the principal... but buying a ZR1 to 'learn' how to drive it is a bad idea.
I don't see how. Hell, I'm typing on my phone while learning to drive this here ZR1...OH SWEET JESUS THE BACK END.............

I kid.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #75
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
But when you buy it you get free lessons at a chevy racing school so you can technically get a ZR1 to 'learn' how to drive one.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #76
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
But when you buy it you get free lessons at a chevy racing school so you can technically get a ZR1 to 'learn' how to drive one.
Doesn't mean you'll be any good... or be able to drive it without killing yourself
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #77
a_Username

Quote:
Well I'd say 90%+ of the people who bought the car did not know how to drive a car with that much power before they bought it.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #78
a_Username

Quote:
Doesn't mean you'll be any good... or be able to drive it without killing yourself
Well knowing this you'll have to be better after taking the class, it's not like you could have gotten any worse. You can kill yourself in any car, but yes a person is more likely to kill themselves in a car of this caliber. People know the chance they are taking when they buy this car... most of them probably didn't buy it drive slow either.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #79
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Well I'd say 90%+ of the people who bought the car did not know how to drive a car with that much power before they bought it.
This is true, I consider myself a competent driver and I've been to high performance driving school. I probably couldn't get 85% out of a ZR1. It hurts to say, but that's honest.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #80
HotWire

Drives: 2008 Redline, 2004 Dale Jr MC
For anyone interested in watching new TOP Gear episodes as well as fith gear (also pretty good) then go to streetfire's website. Just type top gear season 14 and you will get all the newer shows. Every episode of top gear is on the site dating back to the very first show and first crew.

I just wish people would use it more since its actually for cars unlike youtube. youtube is great but too much weird crap on there.

But anyway.

Between the two cars I would actually pick the A8 if it was being given to me. Then I could sell it and buy a zr1 with money to spare.

These cars are not even in the same price bracket. Untill they put another car at 100k vs the ZR1 then its rather pointless dont ya think? I mean you might as well put the 2010 ls Camaro vs the SS model as far as price goes.

This point was clearly discussed on the show in regards to cost. That by itself sums it up from the start. I really wish GM would atleast offer their top of the line with the interior atleast equal to the base model of the euro cars. Perhaps people wouldnt have so much to about.

On the plastic comment though I have never heared anyone complain about the lotus being made from plastic.
HotWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #81
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
ide personally just take a grandsport or a base corvette to tell you the truth.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #82
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
and for performance and quality ide get a porsche or ferrari. i love those cars.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #83
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinU View Post
For anyone interested in watching new TOP Gear episodes as well as fith gear (also pretty good) then go to streetfire's website. Just type top gear season 14 and you will get all the newer shows. Every episode of top gear is on the site dating back to the very first show and first crew.

I just wish people would use it more since its actually for cars unlike youtube. youtube is great but too much weird crap on there.

But anyway.

Between the two cars I would actually pick the A8 if it was being given to me. Then I could sell it and buy a zr1 with money to spare.

These cars are not even in the same price bracket. Untill they put another car at 100k vs the ZR1 then its rather pointless dont ya think? I mean you might as well put the 2010 ls Camaro vs the SS model as far as price goes.

This point was clearly discussed on the show in regards to cost. That by itself sums it up from the start. I really wish GM would atleast offer their top of the line with the interior atleast equal to the base model of the euro cars. Perhaps people wouldnt have so much to about.

On the plastic comment though I have never heared anyone complain about the lotus being made from plastic.
They have it's called the 2010 Dodge Viper ACR. However, they might not be in the same price range, but it is sort of an insult when a car that is tens of thousands of dollars lower than your price range outperforms you.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #84
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
GM embarrassed by Corvette

Check out this review comparing a ZR1 to an Audi R8, the Corvette is literally falling apart.

Perhaps the ZR1 they tested was one of those infamous UAW Monday cars?

Last edited by GrinderSS; 03-18-2011 at 10:54 PM.
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote