Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Buying something from Autotopia

Hey all,

I am super super super interested in buying this:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/porte...4-pad-kit.html

But the problem is that I am from Canada so I am completely unsure of what duties, brokerage fees, tariffs, or shipping charges would also apply to this item package. What extra fees would I have to pay ontop of the 199.99$ and the shipping fee. What courier does the autopia company use to deliver to Canada?

Anyone have any idea how long it would take to deliver to Canada??

Anyone have experience ordering from this site in terms of reliability? Quality? The quality of their products, customer service etc.

I am very interested in ordering this package but I have had major problems online shopping in the past and I do not want to repeat any mistakes.

What would happen if the products break, or arrive damaged?

Thanks anyone who answers for the help!!
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Nothing against autopia but have you tried ordering from Adam's? I'm not an Adam's fan boy but I know Adam's has a Canadian website so that might be easier. I'll let autopia chime in which im sure they will by tomorrow but I'm just giving suggestions.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Nothing against autopia but have you tried ordering from Adam's? I'm not an Adam's fan boy but I know Adam's has a Canadian website so that might be easier. I'll let autopia chime in which im sure they will by tomorrow but I'm just giving suggestions.
Hey thanks for that heads up! I did not know they have a Canadian site - I just assumed they were a purely American site as well. I took a look at their site and I am a bit confused. I have actually bought all meguairs products, and all I really need is a 5 inch backing plate for the porter cable, and a waxing pad, a polishing pad - for those scratches in the clear coat and swirls- well basically I need the pads listed below, for polishing fine imperfections and severe ones, as well as waxing.

Orange Low Profile Light Cutting 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

White Low Profile Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Red Low Profile Ultrasoft Wax/Sealant 5.5 inch Foam Pad - This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.

I am not sure which of these would be the same on the Adam's site as their site says that their pads are good for their products only, so I am not sure how they would handle on other products.

As you can tell I am VERY new to detailing.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Hey all,

I am super super super interested in buying this:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/porte...4-pad-kit.html

But the problem is that I am from Canada so I am completely unsure of what duties, brokerage fees, tariffs, or shipping charges would also apply to this item package. What extra fees would I have to pay ontop of the 199.99$ and the shipping fee. What courier does the autopia company use to deliver to Canada?

Anyone have any idea how long it would take to deliver to Canada??

Anyone have experience ordering from this site in terms of reliability? Quality? The quality of their products, customer service etc.

I am very interested in ordering this package but I have had major problems online shopping in the past and I do not want to repeat any mistakes.

What would happen if the products break, or arrive damaged?

Thanks anyone who answers for the help!!
We we ship to Canada we use USPS Priority, typically it takes 7-14 business days. Your country controls the tariffs & associated fees so we would have no ways of knowing that.

As far as our reputation for customer service, we are one of the oldest and highest rated in our industry. We carry a wide variety of the best quality brands on the market.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
Todd@Autopia

Your pad selection looks spot on. The beauty of those polishing pads is they are made by Lake Country Mfg, which is a huge pad company that supplies a lot of pads to car factories around the world.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
That's a steal. Would be a great package for you.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
That's a steal. Would be a great package for you.
Ya that is what I was thinking. Basically offers every single pad I would need, the porter cable, and a few extra bonuses.

Only problem is if the brokerage fees, tariffs, other taxes etc bring the cost up way too much it might just be cheaper for me to buy something along the lines of this:

http://www.adamspolishes.ca/p-330-ad...g-pad-kit.aspx

And then just get the machine locally.

I gotta find out somehow what the final costs/ delivery/ boarder costs will be in the end.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Ya that is what I was thinking. Basically offers every single pad I would need, the porter cable, and a few extra bonuses.

Only problem is if the brokerage fees, tariffs, other taxes etc bring the cost up way too much it might just be cheaper for me to buy something along the lines of this:

http://www.adamspolishes.ca/p-330-ad...g-pad-kit.aspx

And then just get the machine locally.

I gotta find out somehow what the final costs/ delivery/ boarder costs will be in the end.
I just find it hard to believe that Lake Country doesn't have distributors in Canada as big as they are. Either way, you'll be happy.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I just find it hard to believe that Lake Country doesn't have distributors in Canada as big as they are. Either way, you'll be happy.
Ya exactly. I am kind of surprised that autotopia doesn't have a Canadian website either, not sure why.

I am still going to try find a website that sells Lake Country that caters towards a Canadian audience but so far no luck. If you end up hearing or knowing of one fee free to send it my way!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Here is a site that has our Car Care products in Canada:

eshine.ca
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #11
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Ya exactly. I am kind of surprised that autotopia doesn't have a Canadian website either, not sure why.

I am still going to try find a website that sells Lake Country that caters towards a Canadian audience but so far no luck. If you end up hearing or knowing of one fee free to send it my way!
Angelo beat me to it, eshine.ca is an excellent supplier of Canadian products.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
Angelo beat me to it, eshine.ca is an excellent supplier of Canadian products.
Fantastic!!!! Thank you both! I will check it out later this afternoon and hopefully get a chance to order this week!! My car is in some serious need of detailing so the sooner the better

If I have further questions I will bump them in here later

Last edited by camarozzzz; 06-07-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Info.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Let us know when you get your products and use them on your ride.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
camarozzzz

I most certainly will let you know how they turn out! and when I use them! It will be my first detailing so it should be pretty exciting.