Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Unrivalled

Drives: Synergy Green 1LS
Financing issue

Alright so i ordered a 2011 1LS from like local dealership. The first thing i said to my salesmen was that i was worried that i wouldnt get approved because 6 years ago i had a repo that im still paying off. he says dont worry about it we can get anyone approved.

so to make my long story short i waited for 8 weeks for the car to come and now that it is here, he cant get me approved. he has another credit union to go threw on monday.

So i guess my question for you ladies/gentlemen is does anyone have any ideas for me? i would love to be able to get this car. i have been in love with the camaro ever since i was little and now im sooo close.

thanks for everyones help
Unrivalled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I wold think that the financing would have been taken care of prior to the car arriving. If the other CU doesn't work out, you may need a down payment or a good co-signer.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
That is a tough break. Really sucks. Unfortunately even if your dealer does manage to get you financing your gonna pay a ridiculous interest rate? Have you looked at your credit yourself? Is the negative mark on your credit due to come off next year? If so maybe wait the year and get a LT for the same amount of money at a good rate or wait a year, save monthly payment and plunk that down on a SS and still have the same payment as a LS.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
macc24

Drives: IOM w/racing stripes black matte
Freecreditreport.com You can get a free credit report from each of the big three once a year. If you time it right that's one every financial quarter. You can see if you have any false debts holding you down or an overdue balance for minimal $ that you were unaware of.
The other ways to go about this is a large down payment and or a good co-signer (cosigner already suggested). Do not let this small financial set back keep you from succeeding in your financial goals. Remember, pay yourself first then in flow of cash must not exceed outflow of cash. A good rule of thumb is car and house payment not exceed 35% of your net inflow. If you wait a year I'll bet a gorgeous LS can be yours for 22K.

Good luck!
IOM Black Racing Stripes Current Mods: CAI Intake, Solo Catback Exhaust (thanks to my awesome wife! 10 year anniversary), Solo Hi Flow Cats. Future Mods: Ported Throttle body, Tune (by a player to be named later) Miniature Arc Reactor.

macc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Unrivalled

Drives: Synergy Green 1LS
thanks for the input. i have looked at my credit report and over the last year ive made some awesome improvements. one odd thing is i havent been asked if im doing a down payment which i fully intent to for at least 2 grand. but keep the ideas coming. i would like to get the car now just cuz i have a great job and im in an awesome place fincially.
Unrivalled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You're not in an awesome place financially if you're still paying off a repo, unfortunately. If a banker looks at your record and you're still paying that off, what guarantee does he have you won't let the same thing happen with this vehicle?

With all respect.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
You can give plasma twice a week, good for 40 or so. Maybe a Garage sale or second job? Are you adverse to anything illegal? If not tons of ways to get it! Theres the lottery and prayer as well, don't give up hope!

Last edited by bigsquirrel; 01-22-2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Drunken Grammar
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 AM   #9
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
You're not in an awesome place financially if you're still paying off a repo, unfortunately. If a banker looks at your record and you're still paying that off, what guarantee does he have you won't let the same thing happen with this vehicle?

With all respect.
Yep. A 6 year old repo that is still unresolved will wreck your credit.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
Had2F's

Drives: 2013 AGM 2LS
I've been in a similar situation because of circumstances I could not control. I had a repo about 4 years ago. I was able to resolve it within 3 weeks, get the vehicle back, then paid it off within 6 months. I had other issues as well, the repo was the worst. To call my credit score a trainwreck was understatement of the decade. I couldn't get a bicycle financed, never mind a car.

If you have been making payments on this repo on time, every month, for the last six years, AND been paying any other credit accounts on time as well, maybe you have a chance... otherwise, I think you're going to have to wait.

I don't have a new Camaro yet, but hopefully will within a year or two. I was able to finance a used 2000 Camaro convertible for the wife last summer, so I was able to calm the Camaro desire... a little....

Pay very close attention to your deal if you get approved, then consider carefully before signing on the dotted line....

Just my opinion, but I think your salesman/dealer may be idiots at best - they should have checked your credit and got financing arranged/approved before letting you order (if they could lock it down for that long)
... or at worst, they're about to ask you to bend over

Depending on what your credit score is and how lenient the lender is, you could easily see an interest rate up to, maybe more than 16%. Do you really want to pay that much? I wouldn't. I would give away my soul for a new Camaro, but not pay interest that high...
Had2F's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
If you do get approved make sure you agree with the interest rate,might be extremely high.If you can put more down for your downpayment....do it.

Good Luck!
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Come on people.
Never and I mean never walk into a dealer and say, I have bad credit. Help me
it sets off dinging bells in their wallets. Go to your local credit union or banks first and see if you can get financed. if not then go to a dealer, and dont even mention your credit until your ready to buy the car. if they say no, then you cant buy it, but dont give the devil a heads up that they can take advantage of you.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #13
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
Come on people.
Never and I mean never walk into a dealer and say, I have bad credit. Help me
it sets off dinging bells in their wallets. Go to your local credit union or banks first and see if you can get financed. if not then go to a dealer, and dont even mention your credit until your ready to buy the car. if they say no, then you cant buy it, but dont give the devil a heads up that they can take advantage of you.
But once they pull your credit history that REPO will be staring them in the face.

Save yourself the headache bring a nice,large down payment if you know your credit is crappy.

Bullcrap walks...money $$$$ talks.

Like you said have your finance in order so you will be in a better position to deal..............
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Best bet is to go to the bank where you do business. And if your not already doing business at a credit union then you should be. Credit unions are by far the easiest to work with.
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back
DOD Delete
Forgestar F-14's and Pedders XA + PKG
Custom grind cam from Cincy Speed
ADM dual fuel pump
ADM AF/Boost gauges
FTI 3200 convertor
Hurst shifter
Cincy Speed Build and Tune 540rwhp
kook is offline   Reply With Quote