Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #29
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
A new 2LT/RS will be in the low 30's and that's before T&L. This would be a great deal at 23 OTD as that puts the sale price under 21K. That is a great price on a 2010 2LT with RS and really low miles, plus a 12 month bumper to bumper warranty and 5yr 100K power train warranty. I have been shopping for a couple of months now and have done my research. I may just save some more cash and buy a new one this summer. Most used ones I have found either have a million miles, an accident on the carfax, or just way over priced.
Its your money so go for it!
I'm not paying that much for a 4 year old v6! Don't care what letters it has behind it! But good luck either way.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
agree with car salesman come and go comment. when they hit over the advertised price, you're in trouble. find a different dealer or if you're stuck salesman. side note im in SLC and I don't know if I'd own a Camaro out here.. this place is one step from Antarctica hahaha..
One thing people don't realize is that the internet advertised price is only shown on the internet, if you see it at $23K on the internet and go to the dealer and ask the price they will hit you with the normal price they are asking. You have to tell them you saw the car advertised on the internet for $23K first, then you can eliminate them quoting you a higher price.
I would call first and talk to their internet sales person. Most dealers have one if they have internet specials.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
In my latest quest for a winter beater, I found two cars that would fit the task.

One being sold by a veteran salesman; one being sold by a newer less experienced one.

After buying countless cars over 40 years, I've heard most BS lines, and the veteran salesman didn't disappoint.
Cheesy and fake from the start, he lost me at "we're losing money on this", and it got worse as things grinded down. He couldn't believe I walked on his fantastic deal.

The younger salesman, straight and to the point- took my set of numbers to the manager on his car and made the sale.

If I wanted to be entertained, I would have been shopping for a big screen tv.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #32
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
One thing people don't realize is that the internet advertised price is only shown on the internet, if you see it at $23K on the internet and go to the dealer and ask the price they will hit you with the normal price they are asking. You have to tell them you saw the car advertised on the internet for $23K first, then you can eliminate them quoting you a higher price.
I would call first and talk to their internet sales person. Most dealers have one if they have internet specials.
+1
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #33
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
According to KBB 24K is full retail and KBB is always high. At the most I would say 22K +TTL.
^^^^This^^^^

Salesman play psychological games with customers.
They usually make the car unavailable, then call you later and
make it available for a higher price.
Offer them 21,500 and walk away. Saying you found another one of interest.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #34
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
^ This is true as well. Dealerships usually don't go out and constantly change the stickers on used vehicles with every change in advertised prices. As a result most salesman who aren't in the internet department won't know the advertised price (you can't honestly expect them to remeber new prices on 40+ cars every week). Your best shot is to call in and hammer a price you feel comfortable with over the phone or email and then have them email you the numbers you agreed on and bring that print out into the dealership.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Today I went to the Chevrolet dealer here to see if a 2010 2LT/RS was still on the lot. It was, so I got out of my vehicle and looked at it for a second. It's about 10 degrees outside so I didn't look long but a salesman came out so I approached him and asked him what they needed for that car.

He pulled out his paper and gave me a price of 24,900 which is 1K more than they have it posted on the internet. I told him I thought that was high and he replied, "what do we need to do?" I said 24 out the door and I would get serious. He said he thought they could do that but he had to talk to the 'manager'. I gave him my number and told him to call me.

Ten minutes later he calls to tell me 'good news'! They could do the 25,500 that I offered. I told him that my offer had been 24 out the door. Now he says he isn't sure if they could do it so he starts talking to his 'manager' and then says if I come in right now they would do 23 out the door. I said I would be there in an hour.

Ten minutes later he calls me back and says his 'other manage' said they can't do that deal cause they would lose money. This dealership is a big name here in Utah, in fact they have a dealership of almost every manufacturer of automobiles. This was the worst job of salesmanship I have ever experienced. I have sent an email to the general manager and explained what happened and how poor they're customer service was. You shouldn't be able to make a deal and then pull that deal out from under the customer. I should have demanded that they stand behind their offer.
Curious that if you knew the price before you went in, why would you ask how much it was? Seems like you were playing a game too. Just asking...
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #36
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Curious that if you knew the price before you went in, why would you ask how much it was? Seems like you were playing a game too. Just asking...
You are correct on that one! What is hilarious to me is they want 25.5 out the door, I offered 24 and the salesman came back at me and said he could go 23 out the door if I came right then. I said you got a deal, I'll be there today. Then he calls me ten minutes later and says they have to have 25.5. It makes no sense to me at all. Why would a salesman make a counter offer 1000K less than the offer on the table? Just poor training IMHO. It's ok cause Camaros are all over the place for sale and i have lots of time.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #37
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I wouldn't pay a dime over $20k for a 2010 2LT, not with some 2010 SS's selling for $23k-$24k. I know it depends on the region, but I'd say at $24k is still very high unless it only has a couple thousand miles on it which I'd very highly doubt.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #38
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Customer knows what the car is advertised for, decides to play games w/ the sales person and the store but gets upset when the store plays games.

Irony.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #39
BrunSS

Drives: VR ZL 1
The Most salesman are Bandits
BrunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
RPO_Z28

Quote:
You are correct on that one! What is hilarious to me is they want 25.5 out the door, I offered 24 and the salesman came back at me and said he could go 23 out the door if I came right then. I said you got a deal, I'll be there today. Then he calls me ten minutes later and says they have to have 25.5. It makes no sense to me at all. Why would a salesman make a counter offer 1000K less than the offer on the table? Just poor training IMHO. It's ok cause Camaros are all over the place for sale and i have lots of time.
They didn't help by playing later in the game. They should have asked if you were just kicking tires or saw it on the web. At that point, work a little on the numbers and if the deal can't be done, it can't be done. He should have never said 23 out the door and then bump you. That was snakelike.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #41
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Customer knows what the car is advertised for, decides to play games w/ the sales person and the store but gets upset when the store plays games.

Irony.
Agreed.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #42
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I dislike car salesman.

There's an easy solution to that issue. Don't shop there. I went to Ed Bozarth Chevrolet here in Las Vegas back in June to buy a black ZL1. I was very specific with what options I wanted. They offered to transfer one from a dealership in Utah, so I did all of the paperwork.

Me, being the persistent anal customer I am, contacted the Utah dealership on my own to confirm the transfer. Of course, that dealership refused to give up one of their ZL1's and told me that they never agreed to the transfer. Their sales manager did confirm that he had a black 2013 ZL1 and offered to sell it to me (but at a higher MSRP thinking I was desperate and would pay whatever he asked for).

I went back to Ed Bozarth Chevrolet the next day and they tried to sell me a black 2013 SS with the 1LE package because they had one on their lot. The sales manager also told me that there were no more black 2013 ZL1's in the US. They lied in order to get my signatures on a sales contract, hoping I would settle for their 1LE, after trying to wear me down with their sales tactics. I was insulted because I was very specific about buying a ZL1.

I researched the inventory of the Chevy Dealerships in California and found a black 2013 ZL1 with the options I wanted. God bless George Chevrolet of Bellflower, California. They actually had two in stock. I worked out the deal with the sales rep, Alejandro via the telephone and email.

The next day, my friend and I made the 4 hour drive to Bellflower and after an hour visit, I was cruising back to Vegas in my brand new ZL1. The day after that, I drove back to Ed Bozarth Chevrolet and parked my ZL1 with the paper George Chevrolet rear plate right in front of their front doors. I walked in and handed the sales manager their BS paperwork back then zoomed out of their parking lot forever. Haha! They lost a $60,000 sale!
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote