Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #71
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Plus somepeople, cant afford a 8 or need better fuel economy than an eight. So are these people not allowed to modify their cars to their likeing according to you. I see a major flaw in you logic.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #72
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i was talking to dave smith motors in Idaho last weekend and they have a very large performace parts sales division (largest Mopar performance parts dealer in the world and a lot of GMPP stuff two) they said that anything put on in thier shop on a gm warrantied vehicle would not have the warranty voided. GM would have to prove that the added performance part caused the problem. if they cant directly prove it they have to cover it. Dave smith motors was so confident in thier installs though they said if gm didnt cover it because they found the part at fault they would pay to fix it.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #73
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Hmm... a supercharger does sound interesting... I mean I've always believed that turbo's have more potential, especially for a 4cyl, or 6cyl engine, but I do know that the technology in superchargers is getting a lot better.

I have a Eaton M62 S/C that came with my SS Cobalt, and it's a roots-type supercharger, but I do know that the roots-type TVS superchargers are giving more boost, and better fuel efficiency while at it. Alot of Cobalt SS/SC owners are swapping out their Eaton M62's for the TVS S/C's...

And Centrifugal S/Cs just suck like the one TRD offers for the Scion Tc... Haha...

Yeah I'm really hoping they offer quite a bit for the V6...
Old 09-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #74
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
yea I agree about the centrifugal super charger. If they cme out with a roots type for this engine I'm all over it
Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #75
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I hope this is real-world true, but I'm skeptical. No offense to the guy who posted in the link but I've seen so many exhaust and cai claims in my life that just didn't pan out. Even when you reset the ECU, etc like you are supposed to. If you can get a solid 10% I will be jumping for joy. I have a feeling 7% is more likely.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #76
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I am not a mechanic but on past camaros I have herd of adding a "raceing chip or v chip" if this would be offerd at some point would it also improve the power?

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #77
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Ok so now Im thinking of sticking with the V6 especially after some of the reviews which make the v8 sound like it wont be as good of a daily driver. Yes I used to have a Vchip on my dodge ram SST it did serious wonders!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #78
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ok so now Im thinking of sticking with the V6 especially after some of the reviews which make the v8 sound like it wont be as good of a daily driver. Yes I used to have a Vchip on my dodge ram SST it did serious wonders!
Thanks bro. I need some encouragement. I am tripping a bit. I orderd the 2LT/RS and after reading the reviews and with a build date in hand I am second guessting myself on my decision.
I know the V6 will be plenty for me with more upgrades. But I guess I am old school and love the V8 sound and have that mind set that the SS is the shit. BUt yea for a daily driver the v6 makes more sense.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #79
ArcAngel

Yea I was in the same situation as you had a 1SS on order it got screwed up so now I have to wait. As I am waiting I am starting to gravitate towards the V6 more and more, besides how stupid fast the SS is alot of the reviews say that the 6 is a better all around machine. Even our own Number3 agrees!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #80
justmeron

Quote:
Yea I was in the same situation as you had a 1SS on order it got screwed up so now I have to wait. As I am waiting I am starting to gravitate towards the V6 more and more, besides how stupid fast the SS is alot of the reviews say that the 6 is a better all around machine. Even our own Number3 agrees!
Yeah I know it is a better all around decision but damn the muscle car guy in me wont let it rest. I just hope I will not wish I had got the SS after I get the car and drive it.
Also I was thinking with the DI cleaner burning fuel system wouldn't that add life to the motor?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #81
ArcAngel

Listen that musclecar guy in all of us wants to pull the trigger on the V8 but there are guys on here who own 4th gen V8's and are getting the V6 as a daily driver. The honest to God truth is as a daily driver if your not taking it to the track you will never get to utilize those ponies. My brother has a 06 vette it has 9000 miles on it he takes it out only when its nice and never really gets to open it up. He drives a cobalt as his daily and says he would never drive the vette as his daily. So being the car is very similar my feelings are there really is no logical reason for the average guy to get the v8.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #82
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
I am not a mechanic but on past camaros I have herd of adding a "raceing chip or v chip" if this would be offerd at some point would it also improve the power?
I'm not a mechanic, either, but what is this VChip you are talking about, it this what tuning the chip means?Thanks
Old 03-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #83
justmeron

Quote:
Listen that musclecar guy in all of us wants to pull the trigger on the V8 but there are guys on here who own 4th gen V8's and are getting the V6 as a daily driver. The honest to God truth is as a daily driver if your not taking it to the track you will never get to utilize those ponies. My brother has a 06 vette it has 9000 miles on it he takes it out only when its nice and never really gets to open it up. He drives a cobalt as his daily and says he would never drive the vette as his daily. So being the car is very similar my feelings are there really is no logical reason for the average guy to get the v8.
Yea so true. I want a daily driver not a garage queen. Plus I agree when could I get to really get to utilize all the SS power. I am not going to the track or do any racing. You are making me feel better about my choice. Thanks bro.
I never really regreted it till I got a production date and the car mag reviews came out. But like you pointed out I don't need more power and want it for daily use.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #84
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
I'm not a mechanic, either, but what is this VChip you are talking about, it this what tuning the chip means?Thanks
Yea it is called a v chip and it would violate the warranty so a dealer wont install it. It is deff an after market add on. For me would be an after warranty add on. LoL