Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #71
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Well, considering the G8 GT already, generally quarters at about were the Challenger SRT8 quarters (obviously GT isnt as fast, but still comes around the ballpark), weighs alittle more than the camaro will, and will have less hp, (IMO) i wouldn't worry to much about the performance of our Camaro SS.

Challenger will be a fair competitor though and has respectable performance. All will be weighed and measured, however, once our Camaro hits the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Cars like the Charger, Challenger, Mustang, Magnum, 300C, Camaro even Taurus and Malibu make me very proud of the Big 3.
+1
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #72
Xlr8torZ28
aka: The Evil Joker

Drives: 1991 Z28 (murdered out)
All of the before mentioned cars... well... SUCK! I cant wait to put them all up against an AMC Pacer...

1991 Z28 305H.O. TPI T56 six speed w/ B&M ripper shifter, ROH Drift-Rs 18x9 w/265/35-18s & 18x10 w/295/35-18s, 4.10s, K&Ns, Holley 52mm, ADS Superchip, Hedman headers & Y-pipe, custom Flowmaster, MSD, SLP posi unit, Koni yellows, Eibach Pros, Lakewood boxed rear control arms, TDS wonderbar, Hotchkis dbl adj panhard bar
Xlr8torZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #73
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Wow, I forgot about that thing! Thanks. That and the G8 are on the top of my to-do list.
Make sure if you drive the G8 its the G8 GXP

So go drive the G8 GXP, 370z, 135i coupe, and go test drive the Rx8... If you like anything about it, the Rx-9 will be better in every way.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 AM   #74
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
^Addressing anyone to whom it concerns.
How dare you talk about what someone else drivesThese guys like to talk crap about the mustang or anyother car far as that matters but when we throw punches they start crying like little girls.If your going to dish it out you better be ready to take it.My Mustang is going to hand ther asses back to'em and mine is not the only one thats going to do this there will be more faster Stangs out there that will be waiting.I just drop another 10 grand in my motor ill be waiting.Yea all this talk has fueled the fire under my butt to, got me to put my A game on.YOU GOTTA PAY,IF YOUR GOING TO PLAY and camaro boys us Mustang guys are ready too play.

Last edited by Max; 02-25-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #75
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
chally, charger, 370z, G8 (already said) and i heard the eclipse and evo were fun to drive obviously not competition but still i heard fun
Evo not competition? Ok. You will be suprised!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #76
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
I took my 10 grand that i was going to use for my down payment on a new camaro and spent it on.A new crank, rods, cams and ported heads long tube headers w/cats new street pro performance clutch kit sloted rotors with cobra brakes.And will be doing the work myself and that just makes it that much more fun.This is not my first rodeo
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #77
Silver Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I took my 10 grand that i was going to use for my down payment on a new camaro and spent it on.A new crank, rods, cams and ported heads long tube headers w/cats new street pro performance clutch kit sloted rotors with cobra brakes.And will be doing the work myself and that just makes it that much more fun.This is not my first rodeo
too bad!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #78
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
And you really can't say the Camaro needs to step it up unless you've driven one which I doubt you have.
+1
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #79
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
I like the Camaro, Charger/Challenger (honestly basically the same damn thing) and dare i say it the Mustang.

I won't touch the mustang because it's ford (prior allegiances), the camaro is amazing and I'd consider the Chally more if the interior was better than that of my cobalt (which honestly, besides the seats and the amount of room, it's not any different). So what does that leave me? The Camaro, my hopes, dreams and fantasies (don't even comment) on 4 wheels.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #80
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I now know why you only have 23 post.....LOL too funny
What does how many times I have posted a comment have to do with anything? We all started with zero when we joined the site, now you have 1300++ and counting & now I have 24 and counting.

I think that is what makes the Camaro5 community a great place. Someone posting their thoughts, ideas and opinions and having other people respond in kind good bad or otherwise. Sometimes we all agree, sometimes we give them hell and sometimes we tell them they are crazy.
Doesn't makes us right and them wrong, just means we took the time to read their comments and respond.

gac458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #81
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Evo not competition? Ok. You will be suprised!
I know everything the Evo has to offer.

However, when i suggest a car to a fellow member, out of respect i have to filter what cars get suggested. Thus, if you look, ALL the cars i suggested are comfortable, have nice high quality interiors, and even though all of them offer up good performance, they are built for things other than JUST performance. Which is evident after you compare the quality to a car like the evo.

The evo is a rally car, and its good at it. Im not arguing that, however, when you look at a car, you can tell pretty easily and pretty quickly what the motivation was when they were building it.

Like Shit-stains who posted about his mustang. Mustangs are made to be cheap, and be very mod friendly. This is great for people who live in a straight line, or who think that running a faster 1/4 mile means your car is better than another. Its a strange mindset really. Speed, is the cheapest thing to acheive when your modding your car. A car has to be a complete package for it to be a good car.

Quote:
Sucks for you.

With a story that pathetic you could be on Opra.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #82
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
What does how many times I have posted a comment have to do with anything? We all started with zero when we joined the site, now you have 1300++ and counting & now I have 24 and counting.

I think that is what makes the Camaro5 community a great place. Someone posting their thoughts, ideas and opinions and having other people respond in kind good bad or otherwise. Sometimes we all agree, sometimes we give them hell and sometimes we tell them they are crazy.
Doesn't makes us right and them wrong, just means we took the time to read their comments and respond.

i was just messin with ya....all in good fun ...i do that alot...

forgive me
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #83
Silver Streak

Quote:
How dare you talk about what someone else drivesThese guys like to talk crap about the mustang or anyother car far as that matters but when we throw punches they start crying like little girls.If your going to dish it out you better be ready to take it.My Mustang is going to hand ther asses back to'em and mine is not the only one thats going to do this there will be more faster Stangs out there that will be waiting.I just drop another 10 grand in my motor ill be waiting.Yea all this talk has fueled the fire under my butt to, got me to put my A game on.YOU GOTTA PAY,IF YOUR GOING TO PLAY and camaro boys us Mustang guys are ready too play.
If I remember correctly it was you who was going around and making fun of the cars people drives. You are too much. I can understand though, all that money you put toward your ride and still only a few more hp than the base SS. Must be aggrivating.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #84
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
This thread is weak
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote