Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #127
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
You won't find out until it airs on TV!!
I thought this only airs online, not TV?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #128
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
If we have to wait for the TV airing, then we wait. But who has some spy video or pics?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #129
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I thought this only airs online, not TV?
They will be doing a show for Speed Channel as well, I don't know all the details about it but that was my understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
If we have to wait for the TV airing, then we wait. But who has some spy video or pics?
There were probably 50 iPhones, Androids and various SLR's on site so I am sure they will be posted eventually somewhere on the interweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Erik, thanks very much for taking the time to represent Camaro5 and brave through the weather on the long drive. The same goes for Jeff. Safe travels to both of you guys and thanks for showing the dedication you have to your respective communities. Regardless of the outcome I think all will agree that both of you guys and your cars are all class....

Thank you Robert, I appreciate the kind words! The drive home was quite exciting I had an absolute blast out there, Royal Purple did an awesome job this year with the quality of the track, cars and the whole organization of the event!

And Jeff's car really was one sick machine. I'm not sure when this will be aired either on TV or their internet TV channel, but I am sure they will chime in once the promo is done.

/Erik
Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #130
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
The Challenger guys had nothing but good things to say about you Erik. Glad you guys had fun.

Jeff's rolling toward OH again and should get home later today.

I did see some video of your car and have to say that thing sounds awesome with that rumpity rump cam it's got.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #131
Erik@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
The Challenger guys had nothing but good things to say about you Erik. Glad you guys had fun.

Jeff's rolling toward OH again and should get home later today.

I did see some video of your car and have to say that thing sounds awesome with that rumpity rump cam it's got.
Thanks Speedy, competition and all we still had a great time! Hope they make it home safe, I heard the weather was brutal up there!

Yeah I have to admit I am pretty happy with the sound as well, my neighbors though? Not so much haha

/Erik
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #132
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Thanks Speedy, competition and all we still had a great time! Hope they make it home safe, I heard the weather was brutal up there!

Yeah I have to admit I am pretty happy with the sound as well, my neighbors though? Not so much haha

/Erik
Haha, I hear ya. My neighbors get to hear the sounds of air tools running outta my garage quite often. Then when I pull the car out for the test drive all the Mom's grab their children until I pass by. Kinda funny since I just idle the beast out of the neighborhood. It just sounds like it's gonna suck their kids up I guess.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #133
Dragon2U

Drives: Waiting
Eric,
Just wanted to say "thanks" for representing the GM side in the "Forum War" shootout with The Challenger. Even though the heavily modified Challenger had a few thousand $$$ and time donated to it in the last few weeks of competition it's quite evident that you have a solid car build up and know how to use it.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #134
70TA-09RT
HOWFAST

Drives: Twin Turbo Challenger 09
Quote:
Ouch, that sucks! We were literally just ahead of the worst of the weather the whole way home, but we did finally have to pull over in the panhandle because the temperature dropped below freezing and we didn't want to risk it!

Jeff was a great guy, I look forward to seeing you guys again!

/Erik
Erik, I had a great time meeting and competing with you I got stuck in Meridian MS do to the ice we were spinning all four tires on the highway and had to stop and lay over for a day as the roads were closed in Alabama up above Birmingham 9" of snow in a southern state will do that to say that the ride home was enjoyable well we did get some great pics of the snow and ice.
I'm glad I didn't try to drive as I would have gone off the road for sure. Steve and I are talking about coming down for the Miami Mile so if it all falls right I will see you then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Erik, thanks very much for taking the time to represent Camaro5 and brave through the weather on the long drive. The same goes for Jeff. Safe travels to both of you guys and thanks for showing the dedication you have to your respective communities. Regardless of the outcome I think all will agree that both of you guys and your cars are all class....
Thank you, it was a long haul but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!
Quote:
They will be doing a show for Speed Channel as well, I don't know all the details about it but that was my understanding!

There were probably 50 iPhones, Androids and various SLR's on site so I am sure they will be posted eventually somewhere on the interweb.

Thank you Robert, I appreciate the kind words! The drive home was quite exciting I had an absolute blast out there, Royal Purple did an awesome job this year with the quality of the track, cars and the whole organization of the event!

And Jeff's car really was one sick machine. I'm not sure when this will be aired either on TV or their internet TV channel, but I am sure they will chime in once the promo is done.

/Erik
I agree Erik, your car sounded awesome and the way you took her around the track was fantastic you taught me alot by just watching also being a rookie at this type of event I have a new passion going in a straight line is fun but going around corners is exhilarating I was very pleased with how the car handled as for the turbo failure stuff happens but at least we were able to get some boost for the auto-cross...

some pics from the ride home

Home in Cleveland

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3836977
Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #135
Boba Vette

Drives: 68 GTO, 85 TA, 94 TA, 99 TA,10 Gen5
Hey Cleveland, what's all that white crap on the ground?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #136
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
All this is killing me......

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #137
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I totally missed this thing... I should have been out there w/ a camera...

Guess it's for now...
Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #138
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
When are they planning on airing it. Hope all went well!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #139
Erik@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
When are they planning on airing it. Hope all went well!
It will be aired on Speed Channel and online in the beginning of April! It will be an awesome show with some bad a$$ cars, that's all I can say

/Erik@Torq
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #140
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0

Closed Thread