Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #57
aerialgunner

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
the 500 dollar rule is once the deal is final and the purchaser takes delivery there most be a signed contract. Why you ask, simple TAXES nothing more than that. Call a lawyer and tell him you have been communicating with a buyer and agreed on a purchase price. then tell him you admitted it on here and ask him if you will be held liable (i know the answer). Stop listening to people who are not lawyers or educated in business law. Here say, or my friend said, will only give you false hopes. I too could not believe how strict trade law is, and was under the impression "unless its in writing it useless". Then I took business law and was educated
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #58
aerialgunner

A verbal agreement can be legally binding if it creates an "oral contract" in law. If you offer to sell a computer to your friend for $200, and your friend agrees, you have created an oral contract.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #59
aerialgunner

Oral contracts are arguably one of the most dangerous aspects of the law that exist because they leave much room for ambiguity. Although oral contracts are as legally binding as written agreements, they are significantly more difficult to prove in a court of law, and a written contract is thousands of times more preferable. Should you have to go to court over an oral contract, one party or the other must prove that the agreement took place, and which terms were agreed to during the oral contract. This presents a difficult position for the judge, who must decide which side is lying, and whose story to uphold.
Not only that, but an oral contract will never be as all-inclusive as a written agreement. Very few people will sit down over coffee to discuss the assignment of attorney's fees or to agree upon the modifications of the oral contract. Instead, oral contracts are typically one-sentence agreements that leave far too much room for assumption and ambiguity.
Some oral contracts are only partially written, while the rest is based on oral agreement alone. For example, two people might exchange e-mails which discuss an agreement for one person to sell the other a used item. Then, when they talk on the phone, they agree to what was discussed in the e-mails. The terms of the agreement can be proven through the electronic mail, but the agreement itself was oral and not witnessed by anyone but those two individuals.
There are a few types of oral contracts which are not enforceable under U.S. law. These include:
- Sale or purchase of land
- Goods or services valued greater than $500.00.
- Prenuptial agreements
- Dowries or other marital agreements
- Contracts with terms that exceed one year
Some oral contracts are also enforceable when sealed with a handshake, which is often called a "Gentleman's Agreement". For example, a court upheld a handshake agreement in 1987 between Pennzoil and Getty Oil after Pennzoil's attorney shook hands with an executive officer of Getty Oil over a written contract that was never signed. The court found that an oral agreement had been made, and the damages exceeded 10 billion dollars.
The problem is that many people feel that oral contracts are sufficient to maintain a business deal between two individuals, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Here are a few signs that you are getting into a bad business deal:
1. One party will only agree to an oral contract, and not a written one.
This should be a significant red flag for any savvy businessperson. If the party with which you hope to do business will only agree to an oral contract, then chances are that this is a potentially bad deal for you. Insist upon a written contract to protect yourself, or find someone else with whom to do business.
2. One party feels that a written contract signifies a lack of trust between the parties.
If you've ever watched The People's Court, then you know that friends, relatives and even acquaintances get into legal and monetary disputes all the time. No matter how much you trust another person, a contract should be made in writing.
3. You're worried that if you write it all down, the other party will decide not to agree to the contract.
If a contract - whether oral or written - is too far biased against one party or the other, it won't hold water in court, anyway. Come to terms on a written contract that equally represents the interests of both parties.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #60
aerialgunner

In your case the 500 dollar does not apply since you both communicated via e mail and text messages, not to include you openly admitted on the forum you did in fact come to an agreement on a purchase price. This makes your case a partial written agreement.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #61
aerialgunner

in closing, im sure if your open and honest with the buyer they will be cool..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #62
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Shoot...saving $50 a month? I'm debating on upgrading to an SS. I just don't know if I can comfortably afford it. I can afford the payment fine, but I drive 40 min to work everyday. I was paying $500 a month in my Sierra. I'm paying about $250 now in my 2LT. I'm also considering moving closer to work. I live by myself now anyways, across from my best friend. We both work about 40 min from work. Seems like splitting an apt only 10 min from work would more than pay for the bills/insurance/gas on a 2SS.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #63
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexss2010 View Post
Now I'm in a BIND....The whole reason I'm selling is due to the fact the gas is killing me..I really only drive it short distance and my fiance is sick of driving long distance all the time...My whole idea was to get a 2013-2014 brz....My friends are giving me crap saying its a huge drop off from over 400hp to 200hp..But honestly...My friends are all about muscle power and racing..I don't do that shit...I'm usually just all about looks...But I do love my camaro..I did alot to this car and its just hard to part ways...Plus i only owe 24 and selling for 30 so itll be nice to throw the extra dough into my savings..And plus its winter so i would just drive my beater till im ready to purchase the brz..Which means i can save $400 a month till im ready (which is my car payment).....
Now if i do decide NOT to sell am I obligated already to sell it? We've emailed/text back and forth and I did agree on the price that they offered...They didnt send me a deposit or anything and they were already planning on coming down next weds...Ugh what to do!!! I hate being in this situation...I think i'm having 2nd thoughts cause of my damn friends
As others have said. You can back out until the car is signed over. Nothing the buyer can do.

For me I would looks at the overall savings. If it is minor then I would not sell. It is obvious you enjoy your car and if you sell it you will have regret and the worst case have resentment that your girl "made" you do it.

If gas is so bad I would save for a used econo box or lease a base econo box. Toyota, Honda and the rest are always doing cheap leases on base high MPG cars.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #64
Culb

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
Ok, 43 oranges in the trunk.. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it depend on the size of the oranges?? I know that the Tangerine is a little smaller than Naval. I'm on vacation right now in Daytona Beach Florida and I'm learning a lot about oranges. Now, if you only put 21 oranges in the trunk you will get better gas mileage. If you have the SS with the 8 in it it really wouldn't affect it as much. SHIT!!! I think I will just keep my car...
Lol... I can't tell if you're joking or not.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #65
Soulrÿche

Drives: 2lt Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
so.... you're being influenced by your friends, and then you come to a public message board for more opinions from other people?

Stop worrying about everyone's opinion. Only one matters - yours. Make the choice that best suits you.

/this.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #66
Soulrÿche

Drives: 2lt Camaro
small note. Thats a nice car. i had to search it out. cant imagine how much cash and work went into it. i bet you'll be sorry its gone. but yes.. do what you think. you have to wake up in the morning and look at the guy in the mirror. hes the one you answer to.
/goodluck
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #67
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexss2010 View Post
So i Have NO obligation to sell this car even tho I verbally agreed? Ive heard if theres a verbal agreement especially through email or text and i back out i could get sued
Sounds like you really want to keep the SS. As all have said, that is YOUR decision - not your friend's.

And Judge Judy says a "verbal agreement" ain't worth crap. If you aren't sure about selling it, call them and tell them you are having second thoughts and are going to hold off on selling your car. Don't let them make the trip for nothing - that would be BS.

If in the future, you become positive you want to sell it... I'm sure you can do it quite easily. Good luck!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #68
family man

Drives: .
What, you don't like the answers you get so you edit your original post and thread title?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #69
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
If gas is really the root cause, then the V6 is certainly an option... but in the same, it won't get 34mpg either.

Beg to differ...it can be done...
OP...all these people saying that the V6 doesn't get much better gas mileage don't have a clue what they're talking about. I mean really...they just don't. And the difference between having to buy premium and regular is huge too. Don't let anyone pull your chain on that. IT MATTERS!
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #70
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post

Beg to differ...it can be done...
OP...all these people saying that the V6 doesn't get much better gas mileage don't have a clue what they're talking about. I mean really...they just don't. And the difference between having to buy premium and regular is huge too. Don't let anyone pull your chain on that. IT MATTERS!
We get it. We just aren't drinking the kool aid.

1000 miles at your 34mpg all hwy. vs 1000 miles at my 24mpg comes out to a difference of $51.40. Exactly what i stated a long time ago.

Closed Thread