Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #127
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
If you remove the connecter on the the mirror and see if you have power to pin 9 of the 16 pins, its the pin at the bottom left if your looking at it and its has the tab's up.
I was testing for power at the red wire where it spices from the long harness to the mirror harness. Is that not the right place to check?

Also, when I use my meter it seems to be working oddly. If I touch the powered wire and a metal part of the car nothing happens, but if I touch the powered wire + negative side of battery it dows the voltage. This seems unusual to me.

Can you confirm that on the long harness the Pink and Dark Blue wires are the right ones? I tried both, 1 at a time and neither worked so I'm not sure if they are the right ones. Or should I be powering the red wire directly?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #128
STINGS
Live for On Ramps!

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2LT/RS/T.F./6M "naomi"
You can also use small push pins, available at most hardware stores to mount the camera. (5/32 hole size)

Joe

Cut opening with utility knife. Note: Better if you push the tip of the utility knife into the bumper, rocking the blade back and forth untill you get through the material. Once you are through the bumper, it works better if you use more of a sawing/rocking motion to finish the cut. Using the scoring method, if it slips you will drag the blade across the bumper outside of the cutting area.

Last edited by STINGS; 05-22-2011 at 05:20 PM.
STINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #129
BrandonB956

Drives: RS (11/15/10)
Nice

Nov.15th 2010 -- Check out my build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116235
BrandonB956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #130
jtzako

I got mine wired up yesterday and finished it today. I cut a square hole so I could put the camera in from the inside. I used some trim fasteners to push through the 4 holes in the camera assembly then sealed it all with clear silicon adhesive.

Tips for installing this on a 1SS using the OEM style harness/camera:

1) There are no existing wires in the A-pillar to tie wires to, so get some stick-on zip tie fasteners to make it easier and keep things away from the airbag.

2) You have to tap the reverse light power since 1SS models do not have power in the mirror harness already. The reverse light wire is the light green wire found in the large connector in the driver side tail light assembly. You then connect that wire/tap to the Dark Blue or Pink wire in the harness that connects to the camera.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #131
STINGS
Live for On Ramps!

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2LT/RS/T.F./6M "naomi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I got mine wired up yesterday and finished it today. I cut a square hole so I could put the camera in from the inside. I used some trim fasteners to push through the 4 holes in the camera assembly then sealed it all with clear silicon adhesive.

Tips for installing this on a 1SS using the OEM style harness/camera:

1) There are no existing wires in the A-pillar to tie wires to, so get some stick-on zip tie fasteners to make it easier and keep things away from the airbag.

2) You have to tap the reverse light power since 1SS models do not have power in the mirror harness already. The reverse light wire is the light green wire found in the large connector in the driver side tail light assembly. You then connect that wire/tap to the Dark Blue or Pink wire in the harness that connects to the camera.
Vehicles with the sunroof have a harness down the drivers side A pillar. Passenger side A pillar has the overhead console harness running down it. So if you have a sunroof you can run it down either side and have something to tie it to!
(Someone who has the sunroof can verify this)

Joe
STINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #132
jimmyh

Drives: 2011 1LT => 2010 2SS
"Bolivia's Auto Sales" FTW
jimmyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #133
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGS View Post
You can also use small push pins, available at most hardware stores to mount the camera. (5/32 hole size)

Joe

Cut opening with utility knife. Note: Better if you push the tip of the utility knife into the bumper, rocking the blade back and forth untill you get through the material. Once you are through the bumper, it works better if you use more of a sawing/rocking motion to finish the cut. Using the scoring method, if it slips you will drag the blade across the bumper outside of the cutting area.

I really like the photos you've provided and the clean job you have done. Can you tell me approximately the size of hole you used? I have a GM camera as well, from Ofer, and I am about to do it this weekend.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #134
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Does the GM camera have the green, yellow, red lines on it or no? Also Gene, if I were to buy this down the road would you be willing to give me a hand if I drive out there? Ill supply the beer!
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #135
jtzako

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Does the GM camera have the green, yellow, red lines on it or no? Also Gene, if I were to buy this down the road would you be willing to give me a hand if I drive out there? Ill supply the beer!
Mine doesnt have lines, and it is black and white display also, not sure if that is what all of them are.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #136
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Mine doesnt have lines, and it is black and white display also, not sure if that is what all of them are.
Mine is color.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #137
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Mine is color with no lines and Night Vision.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #138
jtzako

Do you guys have the "OEM" one or some other? I believe mine is an OEM one.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #139
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Do you guys have the "OEM" one or some other? I believe mine is an OEM one.
Darth_Emma is a Sony camera and GTAHVIT is the same as yours.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #140
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
The OEM camera do not have the lines.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote