Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
New winter wheel/tire combo - with a twist.

My 2LT non-rs car comes with 19" silver painted wheels and the all season Pirelli's that are fine for winter use where I live but didn't like them as a summer tire. They just didn't seem grippy enough on dry surfaces.

I also like having two different wheel/tire set-ups that I can rotate and change in my garage. So the search was on for some winter wheels and summer/performance tires.

I found these closeout 19" ASA wheels at Tire Rack for $119 a piece. Now these wheels come with 3 different spoke inserts that changes the look of the wheel.They come with red, chrome and carbon inserts or you can leave them out. I thought that was gimmicky but for the money they would be fine for the winter. I found some pictures of at all places a Cobalt SS forum.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showp...75&postcount=2

Tire Rack also has Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires on closeout for $185.
Sears sells these for $340. I could only get them in 245/45-19. My stock tires are 245/50-19. The Good Years are .9" shorter in diameter, not much difference so I ordered everything up. They came mounted, balanced and with new TPS sensors. My thought was to swap the all season Pirelli's on the ASA wheels and put the Goodyears on my stock wheels.

Well they came and was surprised how much I like them. The machined finish and painted accents are flawless. This setup also sheds 35 lbs from stock.

I was going to wait till March to install but couldn't help myself today so on they went. Pictures are with the different inserts. Click the top bar to enlarge.

Wife deciding what she likes best

67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote