Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #15
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
If you went straight from the bose amp to your amp then your amp must accept that speaker level outputs. Not all amps can accept that. If your lc2i didn't sound very good it was most likely configuration somewhere either on your amp or the lc2i itself.

If you like the sound of your sub keep it. But 100% you are not getting as much of the bass frequency as the front door subs get. I wish I would have recorded a bass frequency test but I am positive the rear deck is for filler bass and not the whole range. I unplugged my rear deck speakers since they are no use now that I have my JL sub in.
Tried several lc2i units. sounded the same on all of them. This is not my first install by far. The sub connections on the amp, put out a more defined bass signal compared to the front door speakers.I tried them all. The bass is just plain harder from the Left/rear sub output signal. mistakenly wrote right sub output, that signal was weaker by far. Just stating my experience after having done this over the course of a month or so back when their was nothing about this amp anywhere on the forums. To me it always boils down to the ear test. I've connected to every signal coming out of this amp. Left/rear sub output gave the best sound. and hardest hitting. It's straight bass.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #16
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Also wiring could make a huge difference. Quality wire will make all the difference.

Well, last night I put the LC2i AccuBass all the way down (off), Main at about mid (little less), and bass all the way up. With my knob I can control the bass from my amp. Since this configuration my bass has been hitting harder and MORE ACCURATE than ever! It solved my delayed sub hit on each song issue!! Thanks for the suggestion Dejavul to turn down AccuBass! I was under the impression it was going to be a game changer, but all it did was mess everything up.

Also, amp has still been turning off as soon as my LC2i turns off! Well they both flash a couple times then red and stay on for almost minute then finally fully cut off.

Finally everything came together and I couldn't be happier and gonna leave everything as is, cuz it def ain't broke so nothing to fix!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #17
chris227

Quote:
Finally everything came together and I couldn't be happier and gonna leave everything as is, cuz it def ain't broke so nothing to fix!
And that right there is all that matters. Thanks for posting the video.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #18
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
Tried several lc2i units. sounded the same on all of them. This is not my first install by far.
You seem pretty tuned into how this system performs. Do you think the Bose amp varies the frequency distribution depending on the volume level, sort of like a built-in automatic loudness compensation?
I got the impression from others that it may roll off the bass with increased volume.
With Bose I always feel like I'm getting a sketch or painting when all I wanted was a color photograph.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #19
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
You seem pretty tuned into how this system performs. Do you think the Bose amp varies the frequency distribution depending on the volume level, sort of like a built-in automatic loudness compensation?
I got the impression from others that it may roll off the bass with increased volume.
With Bose I always feel like I'm getting a sketch or painting when all I wanted was a color photograph.
The faster i go the less bass i got. Had a buddy with a frequency thingy, haha have no idea what it's called. Anyway we drove the car with the a different speeds to see if the bass was being lowered. It started to decrease around 45 to 55 mph. If we unplugged the plug with the rpm or throttle position sensor wire from the amp, the bass didn't drop out. Bass never dropped no matter how loud we cranked it up, but i do get the sensation it does. Seems that the louder it goes all the other sounds seem to give me the impression the bass drops. but frequency thingy says nope. I heard that bose amp do adjust bass levels as volume increases to help maintain good sound and speaker integrity. but going by our tests no difference from low to high except when going over 45mph. The down fall to leaving the sensor wire plug out of the amp is i lost turn signal chime and other warning chimes.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #20
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
UPDATE 01/10/17:

Well, MTX Audio Terminator box is trash. Knew the deal was too good to be true and didn't last. Wasn't even two months in. One woofer works, but the other froze. When pushed it scratches and is hard to press, yet the other is smooth. While playing it rattles horribly. Didn't like their customer service either, I'd stay far away from their products. Bought a front-facing box now from thump of sub (because since my subs no longer good decided to try front-facing and the bass is so much cleaner with so much less trunk rattle!!), and now just trying to figure out which two 12's to put in the box (also unsure if it comes with the inside wires to hook up to the woofers).
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #21
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
So does it matter weather we use a bass knob for our amp to control or should it be the one for the Audio controller?

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #22
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
The faster i go the less bass i got. Had a buddy with a frequency thingy, haha have no idea what it's called. Anyway we drove the car with the a different speeds to see if the bass was being lowered. It started to decrease around 45 to 55 mph. If we unplugged the plug with the rpm or throttle position sensor wire from the amp, the bass didn't drop out. Bass never dropped no matter how loud we cranked it up, but i do get the sensation it does. Seems that the louder it goes all the other sounds seem to give me the impression the bass drops. but frequency thingy says nope. I heard that bose amp do adjust bass levels as volume increases to help maintain good sound and speaker integrity. but going by our tests no difference from low to high except when going over 45mph. The down fall to leaving the sensor wire plug out of the amp is i lost turn signal chime and other warning chimes.

maybe the setting in the radio to turn down radio/sound while driving...?..
auto sound level
?
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #23
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
I know this may be asking a lot, but is there a way to get the revised installation instructions? Like everything mentioned plus to the edits and things from others?
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp, audio, bose, install, subwoofer