Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Good Cold Air Intake for V6.

Looking to increase 0-60 times with a new Cold Air Intake. I've read that this will help with 0-60 times. Under $400 would be nice but let me know what you think and if you also know how much horsepower and how fast the 0-60 will be let me know after the install.

Also, any other ideas to increase 0-60? I did a few searches on the site but couldn't find anything that really helped. Right now I just have an axle-back and x-pipe but they still tend to keep me at a 6 second time. I can't afford a $5000-$8000 Supercharger or Twin Turbos either. Not really interested in Nitrous either.

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
CAI Inc has my vote + ADM air scoop

Also intake manifold spacers, headers, exhaust(doesnt add much), catch can (protects your engine from wearing down, power loss), and tune.

Also a good tire/wheel setup plus some suspension!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Your exhaust mods aren't adding any HP/torque, so they're not going to help.

There are plenty of threads on here discussing intakes, including some with dyno testing. Most of the quality brand aftermarket intakes (RotoFab, CAI, Injen) will be pretty similar in their performance gains (~15HP, maybe), so then it becomes a matter of which you like cosmetically.

Other performance enhancements you could consider are a ported throttle body (slight gains in performance, ~3HP maybe, reduces low-RPM throttle dead spot), intake manifold spacer (since you have an LLT, not sure about HP gain), and a tune (voids your powertrain warranty, but will improve performance, ~15HP gain for an LLT).

You're probably looking at a total of around 30+ RWHP with all of these mods, and the tune will likely add some low RPM torque, which should help with your times.

You can look at headers and/or high flow cats, too, but I'm not familiar with their gains.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Technicly exhaust does not add HP but when I changed mine I dropped 30 lbs off the car & it does help them breath better. When you add that cold air intake & get better air in, it is good for it to go out well too. I love my CAI inc. It is a closed, see-through insulated, easy open box for the filter, ceramic coated tube, looks great & good HP gains. Not the cheapest by any means but you get what you pay for. Add a waterbottle relocation kit & scoop for even more gains. Get a catch can to protect that engine, add a Black Iceolator, ported throttle body & get ready for some fun. Then wheels/tires & suspension upgrades and you will have a super permagrin inducer!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
wheels/tires and suspension will be what helps you the most, besides forced induction.

you want lightweight rims and sticky tires.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Holy shit guys... search.

please.

This is turning into a stupid weekly question.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #7
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
I have bought a K&N and love it
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Check this thread out. If you have any questions afterward feel free to hit me up.

The Guide: 5th Gen Camaro Modification
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweiten View Post
Looking to increase 0-60 times with a new Cold Air Intake. I've read that this will help with 0-60 times. Under $400 would be nice but let me know what you think and if you also know how much horsepower and how fast the 0-60 will be let me know after the install.

Also, any other ideas to increase 0-60? I did a few searches on the site but couldn't find anything that really helped. Right now I just have an axle-back and x-pipe but they still tend to keep me at a 6 second time. I can't afford a $5000-$8000 Supercharger or Twin Turbos either. Not really interested in Nitrous either.

On your 2010, a Vararam would be best. Also IM spacer and isolator.

Catch can is good too.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
SSexy Camaro
Patiently Waiting

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Go with K&N, best gains
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSexy Camaro View Post
Go with K&N, best gains
I haven't seen a V6 comparison, but for the V8 the K&N definitely did not provide the biggest gains: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2353864
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
My vote goes with the Cold Air Inducitons CAI. In my opinion they are the best looking while still delivering good performance system that is offered for the V6
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSexy Camaro View Post
Go with K&N, best gains
K&N has great name recognition because they have been around a long time but there are better systems and filter out there these days.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Best intake for a LLT engine (2010) is either Injen or Vararam, they will get you the best results.
I went with Vararam, But really they are all good.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0-60, 0-60 times, v6 camaro