Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I felt the exact same way when I got rid of my SS last year. Almost a pit in the stomach, realizing how much I was missing the car. Still feel that way.

I did, however, plan to get another Camaro...the ZL1. And, a year later, I'm starting my planning on obtaining the right ZL1 for me. Not sure if it'll happen before Summer, however I may actually order one from the factory this time. Still trying to figure out if the new Kinetic Blue will be available, as I would definitely get that color if it becomes available on the ZL1.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #30
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Recognizing that it's OCD, keyword being "disorder," is the first step... I am NOT trying to disrespect or mock, but simply saying that you have recognized it, and you only need to take the next step towards recovery.......................................... ............... Start over, with a car that you love--- for the sake of this example, let's say it's a Camaro. Buy the car (maybe even buy a used one, with little dings and scratches, and dust in those deep corners that no vacuum can reach!), and then MAKE yourself enjoy it, love it, use it the way God and The General INTENDED it to be used. You WILL recover, I am sure.............................................. .....I've dealt with OCD issues in my past, albeit in less magnificent ways, but have been able to overcome these things with will power: Forcing myself to stop counting the lines on the road, or to stop calculating how many corners are in a room, or to stop touching the OTHER doorknobs in the room because I touched TWO of them and now the others need to be touched............................ You seem to have a true love for the car: Now you just need to take one more step, and ENJOY the thing. Don't worry about dust or scratches or miles... those things can be washed, buffed, or compensated for. If it gets to be too much, sell that "old" car, and get another new one. Cars aren't SUPPOSED to last forever (would be great if they did, though!), they are meant to be loved, cared for, and driven around so everybody can SEE you in that fine automobile........................................ ......My vote? Get another! Then face your fears, and be liberated!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Awww, sorry you sold it!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #32
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaKid View Post
I had that feeling about my prelude...then I got my Cammy!
I thought you got a "Camry"

current ride - 2012 Black on Black 2SS RS w/ sunroof, muffler delete with SLP exhaust tips, rotofab cai, gm strut brace, BMR 1.4 drop springs all four corners, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tubes, Hex Vents, Jannetty Racing Tune, Helmholtz J pipe, MMR 228 Z28 replica wheels.
need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #33
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
I don't drive mine alot either, but I enjoy it when I do. If I didn't need the money for something special, I would have keep it until I did. Now that you took the off the lot hit, it will only drop a little each year.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
ArmoSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Mackman, Frid, PalmerGA, JKsynergy, CHMSC and MANY others..thank you for your support. This is exactly why I respect and appreciate this forum. There are so many good people on here who actually care and understand the different situations we all go through.

To respond to some of the other great posts, my DD now is my '02 Camaro. And, I agree, maybe the Vette would ease the pain a bit.

But then remains the question of what some people focused on, which is very true and is an issue. The OCD thing...It's amazing the support people are providing and the maturity many of you have shown for the disorder. Some people write it off as being "stupid" but it really does impact life, as evidenced by my story. It's interesting because I wrote in my original post, I wasn't (and still am not) like this with my '02 Camaro SS. Maybe it's because with this '11, I factory ordered it and tailored it to my taste (not counting how gorgeous it looks in IBM), and almost made a challenge to "preserve" the car. But that's the very essence of OCD, where you clinge on to something, where it may not be as serious as what one of you wrote as "counting the lines on the road, or to stop calculating how many corners are in a room, or to stop touching the OTHER doorknobs in the room because I touched TWO of them and now the others need to be touched" but more in-depth where you pay $40k for a car and want to ensure it stays perfect. But no matter the behavior, it all can have a negative outcome....

So whether or not I'm not like that with my '02 Camaro doesn't change the fact that the OCD is there, and it impacts many peoples' lives tremendously. I've worked very hard to improve many different aspects of this, and it'll be just another stepping stone with this experience.
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #35
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I felt the exact same way when I got rid of my SS last year. Almost a pit in the stomach, realizing how much I was missing the car. Still feel that way.

I did, however, plan to get another Camaro...the ZL1. And, a year later, I'm starting my planning on obtaining the right ZL1 for me. Not sure if it'll happen before Summer, however I may actually order one from the factory this time. Still trying to figure out if the new Kinetic Blue will be available, as I would definitely get that color if it becomes available on the ZL1.

I don't blame you at all for holding out for just a bit. That is an awesome blue!! The Nationwide pace car looks great with the polished 10 spokes.