Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
DCamaroLover

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Need to vent

Thread Closed

Thanks to everyone who responded positively, and constructively.

Like I said, this was just me venting, not trying to start a war.

To those who were rude, or ignorant, thanks anyways believe it or not, I took everyone's replies to consideration.

I guess the only people I have anything to prove to are my parents, and myself.

I'll post some pics when I get it

Last edited by DCamaroLover; 12-04-2010 at 02:43 PM.
DCamaroLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
amen to that one
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
i completely agree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCamaroLover View Post
Before you start reading, just know that this is me venting, and although this may not be the most appropriate place to do it, it's what first comes to mind. I am really sick and tired of adults generalizing ALL teens for those stupid, idiotic teens who mess up their rides. They've yet to realize that not all teens, heck, no one, is the same. I can go hop on a toyota corolla and get into the worst reck of my life. The fact that it's a Camaro has nothing to do with it, sure it has a lot of power, but the car is only as fast as you want it to be. And if you at all value your life, your car, and your family, you would be careful with what you do, and when you do it. I am getting the Camaro for my birthday in january, and I've gotten the "I think youre too young for this car" comment thousands of times. I looove the way the Camaro looks, which is why Im getting it. the fact that it has 300+ HP is an added bonus, but I promise you, I'm not one of those f***ing b*stards (excuse the language) who wants to be cool and race. Anyone can get into a bad accident in any car, no matter what the engine is. And believe it or not, there are actually responsible teenagers out there.
i got my car in august as the school year started. i must of heard the "you will be "wrapped around a tree" comment about 40 times. but the point is i got the car and i love it not for the power or for the attention (even though its nice) but because i love the car. i know its not the best car to have especially because of idiots who wanna race BUT those tires of hers wont smoke as long as i drive her! that car is my dream and i intend to keep it that way
Old 12-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
DCamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
but the point is i got the car and i love it not for the power or for the attention (even though its nice) but because i love the car. i know its not the best car to have especially because of idiots who wanna race BUT those tires of hers wont smoke as long as i drive her! that car is my dream and i intend to keep it that way

exactly how i feel bro
Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
The reality is that younger people do stupid things. The reason older people do less stupid things is because they did them when they were younger and learned from them. No all people are not the same, but if a kid is driving an 82 honda that had 90hp when it was new that can barely run they will be far less likely to test it's limits and if they do they will find them quickly. By having a very capable and fast car an inexperienced driver will have less time to react before loosing control. Where as someone who has been driving for a few years has had more time to learn and is better able to react. You are a young kid, and STATISTICALLY you are more likely to do something stupid or give into the pressure from others to do something stupid. People are worried because they care. You being young may think you are ready for the responsibility (and perhaps you are) but often youth clouds judgement. Thats why they try to protect you from making mistakes. When you're older you will understand better. If you do get one I wish you the best of luck with it. Just remember (not to be to geeky) With great power comes great responsibility.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
DCamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
The reality is that younger people do stupid things. The reason older people do less stupid things is because they did them when they were younger and learned from them. No all people are not the same, but if a kid is driving an 82 honda that had 90hp when it was new that can barely run they will be far less likely to test it's limits and if they do they will find them quickly. By having a very capable and fast car an inexperienced driver will have less time to react before loosing control. Where as someone who has been driving for a few years has had more time to learn and is better able to react. You are a young kid, and STATISTICALLY you are more likely to do something stupid or give into the pressure from others to do something stupid. People are worried because they care. You being young may think you are ready for the responsibility (and perhaps you are) but often youth clouds judgement. Thats why they try to protect you from making mistakes. When you're older you will understand better. If you do get one I wish you the best of luck with it. Just remember (not to be to geeky) With great power comes great responsibility.
1. Sure the car is fast, but when a teen gets this car he/she should know what they are getting into, therefore exercising better control.

2.Those "stats" don't apply to everyone.

3. There is no reason to "react quicker" or try and run, if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Im not saying you are wrong, yes, young people do stupid things. But what I am getting at is that not all young people are stupid. There are some who have been raised right, and have a good head on their shoulders.

Plus.. i dont even have friends to pressure me lol (jk)
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
If you get one congratz. I do generalize teens sometimes because I was one not too long ago (Im 26) and I used to do a lot of dumb shit with my 1st car. Thankfully it was only a chevy cavalier (not even a z24 lul) and not something that could have gotten out of hand. I did doughnuts, practiced peeling out, took crazy turns, even did a few illegal drag races. I grateful I never hurt anyone or myself, but it was a learning experience and ALL of my friends were doing something as stupid or similar. I know everyone is not the same and some people do understand risk, but hey some don't. Now that I've gotten all the dumb stuff out the way the most you'll catch me doing now is speeding. Really the only teens I pick on are the ones that boast about having the nice car at a young age. Its fun for me to pick on them and knock them down a peg.

Just don't let the comments bother you. You will prove everyone wrong if you are responsible. Just be careful.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I agree with you, my first car was a V8 Camaro when I was 16, good luck to you when you get your Camaro and for now ignore all the critics.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I agree, not all teens fit the stereotypical mold of impulsive, reckless drivers.
Unfortunately statistics don't lie and responsible teens pay (monetarily and socially) for the unlawful behavior of others.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I'm 50... why do you give a spit what I say? I'm not your daddy (probably)

..... Having said that, you're gonna prove them right... or you're gonna prove them wrong.

I recommend the latter
Old 12-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
DavidCigam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS A6
I'm 19 and I haven't really had anyone tell me I'm too young to drive a Camaro. But yeah I agree not everyone is going to be outrageous with it because they are under 20.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
The problem is this man ( I am 30 ) when I was a kid I LOVED FAST CARS! All I wanted to do was race and I couldnt even drive yet! When your young and your first car has power, your driving abilitys and knowing how to handle a car is just not there! My fist car had a small block olds, and I did all kinds of crazy sh$t but the car was only 200hp and not very fast. I eventually worked my way up to having 12-11 sec cars and KNOWING how and when to push the car without killing myself! My brothers first car was a grand am, and he wanted the T/A he has now, he spun the car into a high curb and trashed his rear end and rim and control arms the first week! Why... because he had no idea how to handle that car, just not enough wheel time and not gradually working your way up to that level of power! If I had an 11 sec car for my first car, I wouldnt be here right now! No the V6 in not crazy power, but it IS FAST FOR A FIRST CAR! If you dont respect the car and learn that car like the back of your hand, yes it could be dangerous and much easier to loose control then a honda! Thats why people worry, it is what it is!
Bad70supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCamaroLover View Post
1. Sure the car is fast, but when a teen gets this car he/she should know what they are getting into, therefore exercising better control.

I'm sure they do. Often thats the problem! lol

2.Those "stats" don't apply to everyone.

No. Only the majority. Perhaps you are in the minority.

3. There is no reason to "react quicker" or try and run, if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Very true. The problem is that most likely at some point a teen will make a mistake. Not all teens are bad drivers, but most are pretty scary. (especially the ones with their cell phones glued to their heads ) Also they should never run! lol That only leads to jail time.

Im not saying you are wrong, yes, young people do stupid things. But what I am getting at is that not all young people are stupid. There are some who have been raised right, and have a good head on their shoulders.

Plus.. i dont even have friends to pressure me lol (jk)

You have a whole Forum full of friends right here. We're just looking out for you.

Again if you get the car. Good luck and be safe. I'm sure you'll be ok.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #14
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Sounds like your on the right track.