Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual 700HP!

Pulled from my eBay item number: 231177220519

Up for sale is my 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe. It has the 6 speed manual transmission, and currently has 5133 miles. Outside, it's painted Victory Red, and has the available black interior, with contrasting red stiching and alcantara inserts on the seats and dash. It has the optional 5 spoke aluminum wheels with polished accents. It has the 100% real carbon fiber hood insert as well. Rounding out the options on this car is a power moonroof and the interior sueded microfiber (Alcantara) flat-bottomed steering wheel and shift knob.

This car has quite a few performance and appearance modifications to make it unique, and really live up to its full potential. I'll first go over the appearance items. I installed Hotchkis lowering springs, to mainly bring the front end of the car down. ZL1s are lower than other Camaro's from the factory, but I wasn't happy with the wheel gap. These springs are very mild and lowered the front of the car 1/2" and the rear 1/8". With the magnetic ride control, the car literally rides identical to factory, and isn't lowered enough to affect around town driving. This car can make it over any speed bump without rubbing. After lowering, I had the car realigned to make sure everything was back to factory spec. I have tinted the side and rear windows 20%, and added a 50% film to the moonroof to help keep potential UV fading down. I installed silver metallic vinly overlays on the front and rear Bowties to get rid of the gold OEM style. I've added black/red vinyl to the ZL1 machined recess on the wheel spokes to add a bit of contrast and tie in with the rest of the car. I've added LED Fog and DRL light bulbs, as well as a plug-n-play harness to keep the DRLs on when the fog lights are on. I've also added the GM Accessory ZL1 logo floor mats. Lastly, I have plasti-dipped the tail light bezels black. Should you prefer the OEM chrome, I will remove the plastidip before you take delivery.

Now, onto the performance modifications! The goal of this build was to keep the car as close to factory characteristics and driveability as possible. Other than some blower whine, and being much quicker obviously, you'll fool everyone into thinking it's stock. The exhaust is 100% stock, so it sounds just like it did when it was new. I did add a Mild 2 Wild switch to keep the dual mode exhaust flaps open at your discretion. If you want it quiet and drone-free, keep it closed...if you're cruising around town, you can open them up via the programmed Homelink button - again, completely stock looking! I've installed a RotoFab Cold Air Intake, which feeds into a ported Throttle Body and Blower Snout. I've installed a solid isolater to eliminate any future issues with the problematic OEM spring loaded isolater. A smaller 2.4" Metco Interchangable Pulley was installed, which utilizes the OEM pulley end cap to remain stock in appearance. New, larger ID850 fuel injectors were installed to help keep up with the extra air being pumped in via the upper pulley swap. I decided to install an OEM LS9 camshaft with PAC 1518 Valve Springs. This camshaft comes in the Corvette ZR1 from the factory, and is a perfect OEM style upgrade to really take advantage of the pulley swap. Of course, since it comes in the ZR1 from the factory, drivability and street manners are just as stock. To round out the additions to the engine, new NGK spark plugs were added, as well as a 160 thermostat and shorter length serpentine belt. To help with any potential heat soaking issues, I've added a gallon capacity RotoFab intercooler tank. While it nearly doubles the system capacity, it also gives you an easy way to add and monitor coolant for the intercooler system as it's seperate from the engine cooling system. Lastly, the car was live dyno and street tuned by Jeremy Formato, owner of FasterProms in Tampa, Florida, who has one of the highest reputations in the LS tuning community for over a decade. The car made 610rwhp and 616rwtq as evidenced in the attached Dyno Graph. At a pretty standard 15% drivetrain loss, figure right at 700HP at the flywheel!

If you aren't within driving distance, have no fear! I've previously used a shipping company called High End Transport based in Florida with great success. Pricing has always been more than fair. I can provide you a phone number to get a more accurate quote!

Here is a quick walk around video of the car: http://youtu.be/tgUL-yA-Wqc

$48,000 FIRM

2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero

Last edited by AbsolutHank; 04-09-2016 at 03:18 PM.
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Really nice,you know what is funny I have less miles on mine,and more mods,and i have people telling me that I am off my rocker for asking only 2k more than you and mine is a vert,that's mint...but of course those are the same that are also offering low ball numbers....some how some think if its got mild mods like ours its going to blow up ,and they are taking some sort of risk....Do not let anyone low ball you either good luck with your sale....great car..
Old 02-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
Sic

Drives: Boxster
I love that torque curve! Very nice ZL1.
Sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
AbsolutHank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Really nice,you know what is funny I have less miles on mine,and more mods,and i have people telling me that I am off my rocker for asking only 2k more than you and mine is a vert,that's mint...but of course those are the same that are also offering low ball numbers....some how some think if its got mild mods like ours its going to blow up ,and they are taking some sort of risk....Do not let anyone low ball you either good luck with your sale....great car..
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm flexible on my pricing and will adjust accordingly if I need to. If I can't get my number, I'll hang on to it. Already have my next mods on the garage floor if it doesn't
Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
AbsolutHank

Responded to PMs. Make an offer!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
BUmb....Great car and fair price..

Think of this and how many people run to the dealer to purchase a car thats been modded By anyone of the following, henessey,Lpe,livernois,fastlane,Saleen,yenko,tom Henry,And about 20 other tuner shop's,and they pay up to and over 100% of the base price,and they only Difference is that you get a numbered plate,and maybe a warranty any where from 12/12 to 36/36 yet most of those car never have any issues,or reach the mileage before the time on the warranty runs out...

Now that said a car that someone has sent to anyone of these shop's and has had the same work done,and most of the time you will find the same tech's bouncing from shop to shop, which means the work is just as good,and had a warranty it just does not transfer,yet the rest of the car other than parts of the power train warranty from GM is still Valid....Is some how look at as it may not even be worth what it was new as a stock car....Crazy low baller's

All cars loose Value I agree with that,But someone that has spent 80k-150k on a Zl1 or Base ss that has been sent to one of these shop's and been numbered some how looses Up to 20-50k right off the bat,yet people still run out thinking some how they have something better than a car thats been sent to the same shop's yet it doesnt have a numbered plate on it...

If someone will still run out and pay crazy money For a $10 number dash plate,and DD it,why is it that a ZL1 such as this that would cost way more with that plate Not been sold the day it hits the For sale Section......

It blows my mind that people listen to those that either dont have to funds to by it,use a auction that sells old collector cars for more if they are stock,as a way to Value a car that's so much better than the way it came from GM...

If you go to auction,there is a trend starting to happen that modded cars are starting to bring as much or even more than Stock cars,unless they are something really important with a history behind it....

So next time you look a Modded car think about the cost of a stock one and how much it will cost you to bring it up to the spec's of a car such a this one if you plan on playing with it, DD or whatever it maybe ...As always later down the road you will start modding yours and look back at this as a great deal when your check book reads negative 15k for mod's ,as you drive out of a tuner shop with it a few yrs from now...

Wake up people LOw mile Modded cars Are worth More than a stock one if they are done correctly,and or by a well know high end shop....Look at them not as a collector car but at what it cost to do it,and what your going to do with it after you purchase it.....

This is a great deal ,and should of been sold a while ago...
Old 03-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
AbsolutHank

Car is getting really close to the Reserve on eBay. Ad ends tomorrow night at 10pm EST!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
This is an example of a guy who knows how to sell a car. All other sellers here on Camaro5 take note: Excellent description, plenty of high resolution, staged pictures. Excellent condition, highly desirable ZL1.

Awesome car and one I would have bought 4 months ago. Without any hesitation. GLWS.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #9
AbsolutHank

Thanks Dan

The reserve has been met at $48,000...the auction ends at 10pm EST tonight!

I'll be checking PMs here if needed throughout the evening.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
AbsolutHank

Sold for $48,000! Should the buyer back out, I'll post it here. Thanks for looking!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #11
xxxg00w0pilot
Certified Gearhead

Drives: 1969 RS Z/28
Someone got an awesome deal!
xxxg00w0pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
AbsolutHank

eBay auction winner backed out. Probably going to relist it tomorrow. Send me a PM if interested. $48000
Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #13
M6HuggerSS

Drives: Crane Truck
Still available?
Can I ask why you are selling?

1999 HUGGER SS SOLD :(
400rwhp (3375lbs)

2002 YELLOW Z06 SOLD :(
360rwhp (3040lbs)