Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
PLX Boost Gauges

Hey guys,
I am pretty unfamiliar with the installation of boost gauges, so I want to ask for some help in knowing everything I need to buy. I have an IPF setup and would like to know at any given time how much boost I'm running and what my wideband AFR is. So is this everything I need to buy from here: http://www.plxdevices.com/category-s/109.htm

1)DM-200 multi-gauge (Is the difference between this and the DM-100 just that the 100 is multi touch and smaller in diameter? If so, why is the non-touch DM-200 more expensive?)

2) Wideband AFR sensor module

3) Boost Sensor module

4) A-pillar pod mount, or maybe a mount that goes above the radio (anyone have any recommendations?)

Lastly, I was wondering if there is any reason for me to have 2 gauges, for example also getting the DM-6, or if there are any other parameters I should be observing for while driving. Thanks for any help
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
I would stay away from the DM-200, I had one and for some reason it caused interference with my TPMS.

I have 2x Wideband/DM-6 combo's and a Boost sensor module, so dual DM-6 gauges. I have 2 widebands since I monitor both at the same time for tuning methanol, but the top gauge shows AFR, the bottom gauge shows boost.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I would stay away from the DM-200, I had one and for some reason it caused interference with my TPMS.

I have 2x Wideband/DM-6 combo's and a Boost sensor module, so dual DM-6 gauges. I have 2 widebands since I monitor both at the same time for tuning methanol, but the top gauge shows AFR, the bottom gauge shows boost.
Thanks for the info. I actually am planning on installing a meth kit this summer, so can you tell me where you hooked up your two AFR sensors? Do you just cut a small hole in the pipe before the cat and weld the bung in?

Also, is the difference between the DM-100 and DM-6 just that the DM-6 can only connect to sensor modules, not the OBD2 port? I might get 2 wideband combos as well.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
Old 06-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

I use the original OEM sensor location, just use the narrowband output on the sensor module to feed the ECU.

Think there are more differences between the 2 gauges.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
djrasras

So I take out the o2 sensor before the cat, attach the wideband o2 sensor into that port, feed the new o2 sensor into the module, and then connect the module to where the old o2 sensor would have connected to the ECU, as well as connect it to the actual gauge?

Did you get two Wideband combos to connect one to each o2 sensor?
Old 06-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
MagnumForceGB

There is a plug in the back of the module, one pin outputs 0v to 1v (narrowband) and another does 0v to 5v (wideband). The directions will explain it better.

Yes, bought 2 wideband combos and a separate boost module.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #7
djrasras

So I only need to get two widebands if I am going to get a methanol injection kit? Sorry for all the questions- pretty new to this stuff. I appreciate the help so far
Old 06-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #8
MagnumForceGB

I did 2 just to make sure the methanol is evenly distributing.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
djrasras

Just out of curiosity, how do you fix the problem of uneven meth distribution? Isn't it injected right before the intake?
Old 06-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #10
MagnumForceGB

Have to place the meth nozzle right before the throttle body, if you place it before the elbow going to the throttle body it will cause one side to get more.