Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #15

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning View Post
I think people are missing the point here. I didnt hit the guy I just "thought" about all the things i could have done if i had.

I definitely dont need people telling me about driving distance etc.

I know about traffic laws as I have a degree in criminal justice.

I have never been in an accident and have lived in NY and DC. I have taken defensive driving, I ride a motorcycle, I know about weather conditions...

This was supposed to be a somewhat fun thread about possible changes to make IF i had been in an accident but AGAIN people choose to lecture others and ruin the fun...

What a wonderful forum this is.
...lol...In that case plan ahead...Change it out now to what you want, and keep your original stuff as a back-up in just in case...

....I know what you're saying...When's a good time to replace the front from all the normal road-damage....Wait for an accident and it will never happen...put on the stuff you want, and you will have an accident...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Well the way you wrote your post, you sounded like a jerk wishing you had tried to take advantage of insurance, not someone joking around. You sound immature
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Driving in the rain on the DC Beltway today on my way to work and all of a sudden the guy in front of me slams on his brakes coming to a complete stop. Luckily I was able to stop my 2LT just a couple inches short of his bumper.

After letting my heart come back into my chest I was having second thoughts. If i would have let my car "tap" that jack*** I could have:

1) got a new Aggressor Bumper
2) had my bumper (with two irritating rock chips) repainted
3) changed my halogens to RS headlights

etc etc etc...
Quote:
I think people are missing the point here. I didnt hit the guy I just "thought" about all the things i could have done if i had.

I have never been in an accident and have lived in NY and DC. I have taken defensive driving, I ride a motorcycle, I know about weather conditions...

This was supposed to be a somewhat fun thread about possible changes to make IF i had been in an accident but AGAIN people choose to lecture others and ruin the fun...

What a wonderful forum this is.
Was there anything in your OP that "somewhat" sounded like fun? The English language can be peculiar and can take on many different perspectives depending on 1.) your audience 2.) your approach on the subject matter 3) how well you define what type of response you're looking for.

If your goal was to have fun with this, you certainly didn't indicate that in you're OP. There are always lessons to be learned, hopefully you'll find a way to create that "aura" in your next thread. ...yes, emoticons can be your friend

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
CoV

Drives: 2010 SS IOM & 99 SS Black 6M's
Just what we need...more accidents in camaros, give the insurance companies reason to raise their rates even more.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #20
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
I can see how it could be misconstrued. I see posts in here when someone crashes or something breaks saying "good time to upgrade". I was more going along those lines.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #21
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
most of us don't find accidents funny I guess. or near misses for that matter.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #22
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
[QUOTE=SeriouslySinning;6653597]I think people are missing the point here. I didnt hit the guy I just "thought" about all the things i could have done if i had.

What a wonderful forum this is.[/QUOTE

..everyone's a Dear Abbey
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #23
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Driving in the rain on the DC Beltway today on my way to work and all of a sudden the guy in front of me slams on his brakes coming to a complete stop. Luckily I was able to stop my 2LT just a couple inches short of his bumper.

After letting my heart come back into my chest I was having second thoughts. If i would have let my car "tap" that jack*** I could have:

1) got a new Aggressor Bumper
2) had my bumper (with two irritating rock chips) repainted
3) changed my halogens to RS headlights

etc etc etc...
Uhhhh... good thing it wasn't your first thought. As others have said, you would come out as the loser - big time!

Now... if you are sitting somewhere and a car is about to back into your frontend - you may want to sit there quietly and wait for it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
In DC are not most people lawyers? Oooh....my neck hurts. I think I will sue for your car. Just sayin.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #25
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Uhhhh... good thing it wasn't your first thought. As others have said, you would come out as the loser - big time!

Now... if you are sitting somewhere and a car is about to back into your frontend - you may want to sit there quietly and wait for it.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
A fun thread about insurance fraud...cool.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #27
thirdgenbum
Mullet-mobile driver

Drives: turdgen k-maro
man, get your heads out of your asses guys. he merely was thinking "hey, had i had an incident then i would have had proper excuse to upgrade". if you think for once you've never had a similar thought, you're just not a car guy.

370"lsx/t56 thirdgen....11.24@125 with tons of work left to do!
"Like" MotorManiaTV on Facebook!
thirdgenbum is offline   Reply With Quote