Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #29
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandwiz View Post
My thoughts exactly, if GM wants to base their extra inventory on allocation, it makes sense. An order is an order and should be dealt with first come first serve. And speaking of analogies; If you went to a restaurant and ordered, waited for your food and another group came an hour after you and got their food before you, you would be irritated to say the least. Especially if you were told the reason was because the server had surpassed their allocation and you would have to wait for it to open up before you could get your food. Just because it has always been that way doesn't mean that it is right or less irritating.
I agree with your last sentence completely.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #30
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
My story is perfectly straight. If I've confused you, I'd be happy to clarify. Again, GM did not come up with it on their own. I've been explaining this to dealers and customers for years. To clarify quickly: Allocation is government mandated. Part of that government mandate is to provide more units to dealers who are more deserving (they determine more deserving by the potential for sales in the area, the dealer's sales history, projected sales of a particular unit in an area compared to a competitor (mustang for example against Camaros)). There's this huge, complicated formula that doesn't make sense to me and, personally, I think is total BS.

All these things are true and are not mutually exclusive. You say "Cracks me up when people say it's the law to use allocations ..... Then they turn around and say one of the things it's based on it the competitions sales in the area" Yes, we do say that, SlingShot, because both are true. Why do you think it has to be one or the other?

Show us in writing... Post a link to your info ..... It's nothing more than marketing ....
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #31
NotAnInsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
It's about the same for all of Florida..... We seem to be in the Reaganomics trickle down theory ..... We have to be the slowest state for getting allocations.... That's why the system is screwed up .... It's not about the customer !!!
Do you know of any successful major company that is "about the customer"? Most companies pretend to be, but what they're about is maximum return. What gets me the most money with the least effort. Thats what they're all really about.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #32
NotAnInsider

At this point I should note that my opinions expressed here are not the opinions of GM. If I say something is fact, you can choose to believe me or not, but I am no less credible than anyone else. If I say something is my opinion, treat it as such.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #33
NotAnInsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandwiz View Post
Wow can of beans! If I have insulted anyone, I apologize, that was not my intention. If this allocation system is what is required by law, then I apologize for spouting my rhetoric at General Motors and project it to the body of government that has made it that way. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the process, not the people who attempt to manage the process.
Please don't interpret my post as me being angry or defensive. It's more frustration than anything else. I'm no GM line-tower here.I'm not trying to defend them in any way. I just say what I know, and I add my opinion. I agree with you mostly and I just like people to have the facts. I hate having to defend GM, but the statement "this is why GM..." really kills me. Fact is they built a lot of s**t cars over the past 20 years. Thats why they are in trouble. Thats why they are majority owned by the gov'ts of Canada and the US.

Whats interesting to note is that allocation shouldn't even apply to you in BC. It's not a Canadian mandate. GM is just too lazy to use a separate process for Canada. It's the same reason they introduced GlobalConnect in Canada without doing the proper background work or translation.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #34
SlingShot

You have completely made my points.... It's not about the customer, it's all about money and marketing.... And there are NO mandates about allocations from the Government ...... That's ALL GM and how they choose to reward their franchises ....The Government could care a less how Camaro sells against Mustangs .......
Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #35
NotAnInsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You have completely made my points.... It's not about the customer, it's all about money and marketing.... And there are NO mandates about allocations from the Government ...... That's ALL GM and how they choose to reward their franchises ....The Government could care a less how Camaro sells against Mustangs .......
It seems that you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. Which one of us has trained dealers and other staff? Which one of us has seen the government documents outlining the process? I'm not going to fight with you. Believe what you choose.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #36
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
Please show us the "government documents" that require GM to specifically distribute vehicles under the current allocation system. You can't, because there aren't any.

Anything other than "first come, first served" is unfair to the customer. You can put lipstick on the pig all day long, and it's still a pig.
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #37
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS View Post
Please show us the "government documents" that require GM to specifically distribute vehicles under the current allocation system. You can't, because there aren't any.

Anything other than "first come, first served" is unfair to the customer. You can put lipstick on the pig all day long, and it's still a pig.
GM is forced to make agreements with independent distributors (dealers) in order to sell cars. If GM does not live up to agreements with these dealers, then GM gets sued. Everything else in the world of commerce demands that customers shop around for the product they want at places that sell it. Why should buying cars be any different?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #38
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
GM is forced to make agreements with independent distributors (dealers) in order to sell cars. If GM does not live up to agreements with these dealers, then GM gets sued. Everything else in the world of commerce demands that customers shop around for the product they want at places that sell it. Why should buying cars be any different?
That's a contract between GM and it's different franchise stores.... NOT a Government mandate how to allocate sales....
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #39
AnthonyD

Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int
Put in my order on March 30th at Holler Chevy in Winter Park, FL. Paying 2500 over MSRP, had to put down 5K. Have been irritated, agitated, disgusted, disappointed, nauseous (some diarrhea), and ready to tell them to f*** themselves every week. In the end, though, it's simple supply and demand. I want this car, they know it, and don't give a sh** whether they sell it to me or the dozen waiting behind me. It's now "in transit" and probably a few days away and when I sit behind the wheel of perhaps the slickest car to be produced in a while, I will say aha....this is worth it all.
AnthonyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #40
NotAnInsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS View Post

You're right, I'm not showing you, because I can't. Plain and simple.

I guess none of you guys have ever had a job that you liked enough to keep? I signed something called a non-disclosure agreement for GM. And even though I am not directly employed by them any longer, I am still bound to that NDA and *I* will get sued, lose my job and have my stellar reputation ruined if I just go on tossing confidential crap around.

I'm not about to put myself or my family's future in jeopardy just because some frustrated/p*ssed off guy/gal in a forum on the internet expects me to. Like I said, believe me or don't. I don't give a damn. I'm just here to try to help you and explain things to you. I have nothing to prove to you. I thought we were all adults here. It's starting to feel like middle school.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #41
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
You're right, I'm not showing you, because I can't. Plain and simple.

I guess none of you guys have ever had a job that you liked enough to keep? I signed something called a non-disclosure agreement for GM. And even though I am not directly employed by them any longer, I am still bound to that NDA and *I* will get sued, lose my job and have my stellar reputation ruined if I just go on tossing confidential crap around.

I'm not about to put myself or my family's future in jeopardy just because some frustrated/p*ssed off guy/gal in a forum on the internet expects me to. Like I said, believe me or don't. I don't give a damn. I'm just here to try to help you and explain things to you. I have nothing to prove to you. I thought we were all adults here. It's starting to feel like middle school.
Think your missing the point... If there truly is a Government Mandate it's a matter of public record..... Post up a link to it, that's all we ask ......

BTW... I stayed at one job for over 20 years before going back to school and getting a degree in computer science ..... Now I'm retired and living life just fine Thank You......
Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #42
jvmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I think most of you dont realize you can place an order out of state and get it drop shipped to your local dealer for free. Any of the recommended dealers on this website will do that. And I did that, ordered from Classic in TX, dropped shipped to Plant City. Florida is such a bad place to buy new cars. From dealer fees that range from $500 to $900, markups, other bs charges. With the power of the internet, there is no need to buy a car in state anymore!!

Tags
1100, dealer, discount, long wait, price