Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #43
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
The radio and HVAC controls look really simple and easy to use. I like that. I wonder if it will have auto AC as an option.

I'm pretty sure the shifter we're seeing now will not be the shifter we're getting on the production model. It looks like it came from the same Auto Zone that the headlights came from.

The 370 lb/ft of torque gauge looks about right for the 3.6L DI. It gives enough room for power modifications. So I think that is good evidence that will be one of the engines offered.

Notice there is no Aux input jack on the radio face. So it is probably hidden is some compartment somewhere.

Overall, the more I look at it, the more I like it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #44
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Unless of course this is a V8 and the cover, etc are only made to throw us off?

Or it could be a V6 and both models will just have the same torque gauge.

Or, since the DI V6 will have around 300hp, maybe it does just have a lot of torque as well.

Just some thoughts
Old 01-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #45
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I was having a "special" moment, that cheap looking thing on the upper right of the headlight was DUH the other headlight! I thought it was a turn signal or something. I've also rethought the halo light. Wrong again. Life is like a box of chocolates......
Old 01-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #46
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
I think that button on the door is a mirror adjustment. I looks to have a driver/passenger selector and a rotating/pivoting adjustment button. But maybe not. Who the heck knows!!! Just cant wait to sit my backside down in one of these babies!!!!!!!
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #47
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Exclamation Double or Quad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
I've no doubt we'll see the single headlight (just check the pictures from LAX from an earlier post). The headlights in this pic were probably what Mr. Settlemire was referring to when he talked about running down the hardware store for some temporary lights.

The only question is will the lights be halo or just normal like the current Mustang's.

When I first saw the show cars' headlights, and those on Bumblebee in the movie, I was disappointed. Now that I've seen the quad setup in some of these pictures, I'll give ANYTHING to get the duals back, halo or no!

Of course, I'd give ANYTHING +1 for the halos!!
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Unless of course this is a V8 and the cover, etc are only made to throw us off?

Or it could be a V6 and both models will just have the same torque gauge.

Or, since the DI V6 will have around 300hp, maybe it does just have a lot of torque as well.

Just some thoughts
the 3.6 di makes 273 ft lbs. which is almost exactly 75% of what that gauge reads. But the pointless thing about a torque gauge is that the 3.6 DI always makes over about 210 ft lbs. so that needle would always stay between 210 and 273, which is nothing
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #49
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
I love it, but I need one more picture.......... of ME in it, in my Driveway, HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #50
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
I'm glad how the stereo console looks better when the car is turned on,, I mean, the lights make it look less cheap
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #51
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
the 3.6 di makes 273 ft lbs. which is almost exactly 75% of what that gauge reads. But the pointless thing about a torque gauge is that the 3.6 DI always makes over about 210 ft lbs. so that needle would always stay between 210 and 273, which is nothing
I was about to post that that is what my car has: 3.6L Direct Injection V6: 304 hp at 6400 rpm and 273 lb-ft of torque at 5200 rpm

Copied and pasted directly from the Cadillac website. That is the Cadillac engine cover also incase you were wondering, they just took the Caddy badge off of it.

My car also weighs 3824 lbs, and it's pretty fast, so if this is even 400 lbs lighter, it's gonna scream even with the V-6!!

The jury is out for me about that radio head unit though. I so hope there is a Nav option. But either way, I CAN'T WAIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
I'm glad how the stereo console looks better when the car is turned on,, I mean, the lights make it look less cheap
Cool Sig Skidmark!!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #52
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Ok guys that box on the top of the rear view mirror is the passanger air bag signal. I was looking at my tahoe and I have the same thing. I was looking at th pics and it seems to say that on there. Are we sure that it says 370lb for torque or 270lb. ?

Yeah it's 370 just saw a good picture of it...
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #53
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
OK I know seeing this car is exciting, but would it kill these spies to steady their hands whilst shooting? 007 they aint.
LOL!!!!

I have to agree, for the sake of all that is Holy...FOCUS man FOCUS, lol. But, don't take that the wrong way...THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PICS!!!!!

Like someone said, the interior might just be growing on me or beating me down (not sure) but it does look better than the last pic's. So...I won't complain and actually say that for a test car the interior quality looks like it's going to be pretty dang good.

A question, I don't expect a for sure answer but I was thinking about this. If the V6 is going to have Mustang GT like power do you think GM is going to make the V8 out of reach for us poor folks? I worry with such a good V6 (dare I say that or complain they are sticking it in the Camaro) with good HP if the V8 will be out of reach for me.

Now, I remember GM said some place that it would start much lower than my 25K wish but I'm trying to figure out where the V8 will come in with such a good V6. Will there be 3 engines for the Camaro? Just thinking out loud I guess...

Anyway, I will 2nd or 3rd it...PLEASE, for a young dad who is planing another baby I'd love to see some pic's of the back seats. My hope is that it has enough space back there that my son wont go crazy back there even when he gets older but my worry is that it will be very tight back there like previous Camaro's (while as a teen I fight...tight mind you, but livable for a night out).

Anyway, again...these pic's are way better than the last.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #54
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
The car looks better every day! I'm really liking the 3 small headlight configuration. I hope they keep that design. I also noticed that everywhere the driver's elbows rest there is leather, which means comfort on long trips. The key fob looks nice (compact and other keys held away from the steering column) and it appears there may be an in-dash 6 CD player. Nice! The LCD HUD looks great also. Hopefully next we'll see the final design of the steering wheel's control scheme. Hoping for stereo controls, and that would explain the missing trim pieces there.

Having the fuel cap on the right is a GREAT thing. Reduces dings on that looong door when refueling.

What is that lock button on the dash for? (under the hazard switch) Is that really for both doors??

I thought remote start was illegal on vehicles with manual transmissions. Is that not correct?

Last edited by Warghost; 01-29-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Changed some questions....with better questions. :)
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #55
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
GM, don't change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1panthersfan View Post
I just don't believe that GM is gonna put 370 lb-ft. torque in a V6.
The gauge will go significantly higher than the V6 will actually produce. Plus, if you're going to build the motor to produce more horsepower and torque, it wouldn't do you very much good to have a torque gauge that doesn't show all your torque now, does it?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #56
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
This is awesome!!!!!!!!
I love the color of the backlights
This is defintitly the 3.6 liter but we dont know if its direct injected or not. But it stolen right from the cadi cts. The base v6 still might be the 3.9.
Attached Images

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote