Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Trifecta

Hi,
Question for anyone who knows:

I've got a Trifecta tune for my LLT. I bought the cable. I got the one with the translucent case. I know there are two different cables.

Since I got the tune, I transitioned my personal notebook computer from a Windows machine to a Macbook Air. I know that the EZflash software is a windows application and will not run natively on the mac.

I have VMware fusion installed on the mac, and occasionally boot up a Windows 7 partition so that I can run a couple of windows only applications.

In theory, EZflash will work without issue in this partition. My issue is; I'm afraid to try it on my car because I do not know what could happen if something goes wrong. I'm fearful that I could really mess up the car's computer or even brick it.

Is there anyone that's tried this or something close to what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Dave
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I may not always flash my car with a new tune, but when I do, I run Windows within a WINE environment on Linux. Stay thirsty my friend.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
I have not tried it, but it should work. If there is an issue, then i would think you would get it when it tries to connect to the car. If it can't connect, then it can't hurt it.

Email Vince to see if he's had any experience using a virtural pc to do the upload.