Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #267
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
Glad I found this car! Looks awesome!

That striping you are using - is it available to buy anywhere? I'd love to have that on my black ZL1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
They are "NS-1 Stripes". No one rocks them like Matt's car does!

PM me or Night Shades for pricing info please. There is also a link to them in my Signature.

Hope all is well and to see you around soon buddy!

Glad you like the stripes! They've been on my car over 2 years and they still look new. Top quality product! Seth and Night Shades will take care of you!

Hope to see you soon Seth!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #268
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Glad you like the stripes! They've been on my car over 2 years and they still look new. Top quality product! Seth and Night Shades will take care of you!

Hope to see you soon Seth!
Thanks! I got a black ZL1 and I think that very dark matte gray can turn out pretty nicely!

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #269
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Ran a new personal best at Gateway Motorsports Park last night of 11.19! Getting close to 10's! Was running 91 octane with great weather, so I am hoping with 93 octane, better track prep and similar weather, I can shave off a few more tenths!

Old 10-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #270
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Old 10-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #271
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Ran a new personal best at Gateway Motorsports Park last night of 11.19! Getting close to 10's! Was running 91 octane with great weather, so I am hoping with 93 octane, better track prep and similar weather, I can shave off a few more tenths!

Wow! That's really fast, great job.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #272
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

So I have really been slacking at keeping this thread up to date! Since my last update I have done a bunch to the car, so I'll include a list of my latest modifications below.

First, after adding a bunch of HP to the car, I knew I needed to address my cooling system, which was 100% stock. I could see a noticeably lower trap speed in my 1/4 mile times compared to others with similar times.

I picked up a Torq (AFCO) heat exchanger with dual fans and a D3 Performance Engineering reservoir. Of course, I had to have it painted to match everything else under my hood and I think it turned out great!

I also decided to make a small change inside the car. Last year, I installed a carbon flash metallic 4-gauge panel, and a black anodized Hurst shifter plate on the console. The Hurst plate didn't really fit my theme, so I changed the shifter plate to a stock version, also painted CFM. I think it looks much now!

Before:

After:

I also decided that I needed a change on the exterior, so I picked out some new wheels- the MRR 228 Z/28 replica wheels in 20" gloss black. I added custom painted center caps to tie them into my black/ red theme on the car. I think they are going to look great! They will be installed tomorrow, but for now here is a teaser pic:

Since the car is a racecar now, I also added the tow hook from ZL1addons.com. I have a red and black hook, but for now I am running the black version. I did this for looks and for function. It gets a lot of comments!

Finally, my biggest change I made recently is a fuel system upgrade. I knew my stock system was at it's limit so I took the plunge and went with a Squash twin in-tank system with flex fuel conversion. The car runs great and is a beast on E85! Put the car on the dyno for the first time, and it made 715rwhp and 679 ft/lbs of torque on E60!

The best part is, with the car running E85, and all my cooling mods, the car is a beast on the track now. I've been out to the strip once since getting everything done, and it ran a new best time of 10.87 @ 129.38!

I have a few more small upgrades in the works, but this is all the major stuff! Thanks again for stopping by!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:14 AM   #273
Normagene

Wow! That is a Beast. New rims look awesome, will you go with Z/28 tires, 305s front, and maybe 315s rear?

You're pushing numbers equal/or better than the new Z06. Crazy Fast.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #274
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Wow! That is a Beast. New rims look awesome, will you go with Z/28 tires, 305s front, and maybe 315s rear?

You're pushing numbers equal/or better than the new Z06. Crazy Fast.

Hey Norma! How have you been? For now I'm just planning on swapping my OEM Goodyears. When those are done I'll need to decide what to run next.

I love the way the car runs now. Still very streetable, but quick! I'm sitting at the tire shop now, so I'll post pics soon!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #275
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Here are a few pics with my new wheels:

Old 05-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #276
Normagene

Love those new rims! Good choice. Are u setting up one set for track/street and the other (new ones) for the drag strip?

Can u post a list of the mods u did to get all that power! Headers, pipes, pulleys, wires, etc.. Really like to know what exactly u did under the hood. Those are some Crazy Power numbers.

Lastly, what effect did all that additional power have on the Performance Settings? Are/do the "nannies" go insane? Or do u have to drive with everything "off" all the time? Just curious if it all works the same.

Thanks Matt, great job, and I'd love to see you post a video of one of your drag strip runs! Oh, did you ever get the Noweeds? Love that option of being crazy loud, stock or anywhere in between.
Thanks
Old 08-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #277
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

So I guess I need to update this thread with some of my recent mods! I have had a few big changes recently, so here are some pics and details-

recently wrapped the ZL1 with 3M 1080 Matte Charcoal Metallic vinyl and Matte Black on the roof to match the matte black painted Showstopper mirrors with LEDs. I love the new look of the car!

Performance wise, I recently installed a custom 3 gallon ice tank in the trunk that is dedicated for the supercharger. To increase the flow, I added a Meziere WPS136 pump. I still kept the stock pump and the D3 reservoir, so I should have plenty of cooling now! This is on top of the E85 flex fuel conversion I did last year!

Thanks for checking out the updates!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #278
Normagene

Quote:
So I guess I need to update this thread with some of my recent mods! I have had a few big changes recently, so here are some pics and details-

recently wrapped the ZL1 with 3M 1080 Matte Charcoal Metallic vinyl and Matte Black on the roof to match the matte black painted Showstopper mirrors with LEDs. I love the new look of the car!

Performance wise, I recently installed a custom 3 gallon ice tank in the trunk that is dedicated for the supercharger. To increase the flow, I added a Meziere WPS136 pump. I still kept the stock pump and the D3 reservoir, so I should have plenty of cooling now! This is on top of the E85 flex fuel conversion I did last year!

Thanks for checking out the updates!

Wow! Absolutely Love the wrap! Great job. Curious on price to do the wrap and what kind of care does it require to maintain, if any?

So what's your best 1/4 mile time to date?
Old 08-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #279
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Wow! Absolutely Love the wrap! Great job. Curious on price to do the wrap and what kind of care does it require to maintain, if any?

So what's your best 1/4 mile time to date?

Thanks Normagene! Maintenance is pretty straightforward. You can pretty much wash it like normal, but I bought a matte specific wash that doesn't have any gloss enhancers in it. I also put a sealant on the vinyl to help repel waterspouts and damages from bugs and bird droppings. Should last for a very long time! Cost was under $3K and they basically disassemble the car to do the install.

Here's a few pics during install:

My 1/4 mile time still stands from last year. I just haven't had the time to get out to the track yet this year. I am hoping to get out a few times in the fall when the weather cools off to try out my new setup with the ice tank. I also picked up a set of 17" Weld RTS wheels that should help too!
Old 08-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #280
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Very nice good to change it up like a new car!

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
218, agm zl1, deke, deke736