Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
them p zero's do the quite well in those off road conditions
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
them p zero's do the quite well in those off road conditions
Best offroad Fbody scenes, Last Stand or Smokey and the Bandit? Someone who doesn't know any better might get the wrong impressions of the capabilities of these cars after watching.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #17
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
That's an SS with a ZL1 hood, fascia, and badges
Yes the car was never ever a ZL1,it was 6 different cars,from yes a V-6 to a ss I watched the making of the movie,but the movie was pretty good.It was really a funny action packed movie. it was not even a ZR1 ,just a dressed up vette wrecked,and another one pulled out,and some of the cars weren't even cars,they were computer generated with actors sitting in front of a green screen..
Old 11-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #18
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Oh stop it you, it wasn't that bad
YES, it was. It made me want to inject AIDS into my eyeballs.

I may have forgoitten to mention that I am a former soldier, DC police officer, and federal SRT/SWAT cop, so I go totally bonkers when I see ridiculous tactical mistakes on tv and movies.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Also, at the very end, the showdown between the bad guy and Arnold...
So let's see here, Arnold is going to do the typical bar brawling BS, and the bad guy is a Jitz expert?!?!?!
Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full!
(Yes that is a Top Gun reference, yes it is 27 years old, Yes I am comfortable with how far into the dork forrest I have wandered.)
Any Jitz guys out there want to chime in? If you doubt me watch the Bob Sap vs. Minotaro (Nogueira) fight.
I am also calling BS on the fact that Arnold body slammed the bad guy head first into a steel girder and that somehow didnt instatly turn his squash into pudding?!?!?!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #20
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Also, at the very end, the showdown between the bad guy and Arnold...
So let's see here, Arnold is going to do the typical bar brawling BS, and the bad guy is a Jitz expert?!?!?!
Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full!
(Yes that is a Top Gun reference, yes it is 27 years old, Yes I am comfortable with how far into the dork forrest I have wandered.)
Any Jitz guys out there want to chime in? If you doubt me watch the Bob Sap vs. Minotaro (Nogueira) fight.
I am also calling BS on the fact that Arnold body slammed the bad guy head first into a steel girder and that somehow didnt instatly turn his squash into pudding?!?!?!
Well I'll chime in about that, I see your point, but which movie is different, seriously, you always have your hero who is out matched some how, buy numbers, talent, training, whatever, and he manages to win out in the end. It's the way of action movies.

Plus, as a former bouncer who never took any formal classes in martial arts, I've never had any problems handling anyone who claimed to be trained. Granted they had usually been drinking, but not always drunk. Didn't matter, military, cops, mix martial arts, I had to toss them all. And they usually all had about the same statement after it was over. They'd say to me "At least I know you can do whatever you want to me."

The only two that I was a part of that got out of hand were because of my boss's husband. He'd get drunk, still try to act like a manager, which is a terrible idea, and instead of letting the police that were working or us handle it he would want to be in the middle and it caused issues. One of the cops pulled his gun once, it was in my face because he didn't know which way crap was going at that point.