Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #4733
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Have you tried talking to GTPprix?
It may be a long shot but if anyone knows about the BCM it's him.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #4734
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Geez.

I so wish I could help some way. That sucks beyond suck. I still don't understand what the BCM even is fully. I know what it stands for but it's just way over my head.

I was going to PM you a picture of Dr. Frankenstein holding some schematics as 'help' but it's not even funny anymore.

Man I feel your pain. And I'm sure you've heard it a million times but, hang in there. When it's done you'll be so glad.
Thanks Randy. Like I said, the frustrating part is that the SST doesn't really need the BCM, but...I really want to keep it and the factory gauges working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Wish I could . Maybe Five Guys April 19th. Good Luck.
Five Guys may be tough for that date, but I will have the car in Florida in April. I have drawn a line in the sand for myself on that one.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #4735
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Have you tried talking to GTPprix?
It may be a long shot but if anyone knows about the BCM it's him.

I PM'd him before, but no response. Will try again. Thanks for the thought !
Old 04-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #4736
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Did Owen have to do something special with your 4L80E to get around a limp mode?

Thanks,
Bruce
I don't know much, but I know the computer sees the car as a manual now.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #4737
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Damn Bruce, I am so srry about another bump in the road. good seeing you again though and hope they somehow resolve that issue
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #4738
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Man I hate seeing this build getting held up....been watching for so long! Its like watching that scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High only to cut away right before the top falls off of Phobe Cates.....

Hang in the broski! Can't wait for more on this....
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #4739
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
The BCM probably sequences the door glass when closing along with all the other stuff it does, so it would be a PITA to eliminate.

Any dealerships you can call?

Are there any transport drivers on C5? They may know.

This from another site, I assume you tried it even though it's for another make?
Quote:
Disabling Transport Mode

1.Place the ignition OFF.

2.Verify the battery is fully charged.

3.Place the ignition ON.

4.NOTE: Steps 4 and 5 must be carried out within 10 seconds.

Press and release the brake pedal 5 times.

5.Press and release the hazard switch 4 times (on, off, on, off).
Old 04-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #4740
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Really? Really,,,, So now the &^%$#%$^%&^%$% theft proof system won't let the OWNER drive the car. You can bet that somebody at GM knows how to make that thing shut up and get out of your way. Makes me miss the old days when we just hid a kill switch somewhere in the car. I am way out of my league here, but I keep thinking it might be easier to find and eliminate the signal to the BCM than to change the BCM programing. Something in shutting it off signaled the BCM find that bug and swat it.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #4741
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Hope you get it sorted Bruce. Definately sucks
Old 04-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #4742
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Dam Bruce that sucks give Ted Jannetty a shout and see if he can help you out at all that would be the only person I could think of sorry!!!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #4743
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Yeah. Really sucks. Thought, everything was sorted out.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #4744
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
A custom one off car nothing is ever sorted out.. I am getting you the bcm info now
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #4745
xx_ED_xx

Service Information

2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro VIN F Service Manual | Document ID: 2471770
Power Mode Description and Operation
Table 1: Power Mode Parameters
Serial Data Power Mode Master

Power to many of this vehicles circuits is controlled by the module that is designated the power mode master. This vehicles power mode master is the body control module (BCM). The ignition switch is a low current switch with multiple discrete ignition switch signals to the power mode master for determination of the power mode that will be sent over the serial data circuits to the other modules that need this information. The power mode master will also activate relays and other direct outputs of the power mode master as needed. The power mode master determines which power mode (Off, Accessory, Run, Crank Request) is required, and reports this information to other modules via serial data. Modules which have switched voltage inputs may operate in a default mode if the power mode serial data message does not match what the individual module can see from its own connections.
The power mode master receives ignition switch signals to identify the operators desired power mode. The Power Mode Parameters table below illustrates the correct state of these input parameters (circuits) in correspondence to the ignition switch position:

Power Mode Parameters

Ignition Switch Position

Power Mode Trans- mitted

Ign. Off / Run / Crank

(Off / Run Crank Voltage Circuit)

Ignition Accessory / Run

(Accessory Voltage Circuit)

Ignition Run/ Crank

(Ignition 1 Voltage Circuit)

Off Key Out

Off

Key Out/ ACC

Inactive

Inactive

Off Key IN

Off

Key In/Off

Inactive

Inactive

Acces-sory

Acces-sory

Key Out/ ACC

Active

Inactive

Run

Run

Run

Active

Active

Start

Crank Request

Crank

Inactive

Active

Relay Controlled Power Mode

The BCM uses the discrete ignition switch inputs Off/Run/Crank Voltage, Accessory Voltage, and Ignition 1 Voltage, to distinguish the correct power mode. The BCM, after determining the desired power mode, will activate the appropriate relays for that power mode.
The retained accessory power relay remains on for a timed period after the Ignition key is removed. Refer to Retained Accessory Power Description and Operation for more information on the retained accessory power function.
Push Button Start (If Equipped)

The ignition mode switch has 2 LED’s that indicate the vehicle power mode. When the vehicle is in the off mode, both LED’s will be off. Pressing the ignition mode switch button once (without the brake pedal applied), the vehicle enters the accessory mode and the amber LED (ACC) will illuminate. The accessory mode has a 5 minute timeout to reduce battery drain. For vehicles built before the mid-year 2010 model year or not flashed with 2010 model year, or newer, software, pressing the ignition mode switch button a second time (without the brake pedal applied), the vehicle enters the run/start mode (without the engine running) and the green LED (Run/Start) will illuminate. For vehicles built after the mid-year 2010 model year or flashed with 2010 model year, or newer, software, pressing and holding the push button start switch for at least 5 seconds will place the vehicle in run/start mode (without the vehicle running) and the green LED (Run/Start) will illuminate. With the ignition off (with the brake pedal applied), pressing the ignition mode switch button once, the vehicle will enter run/start mode and the green LED (run/start) will illuminate. This will start the engine. Both LED’s have the voltage supplied from the body control module (BCM). The ignition mode switch sends the ignition mode switch status to the passive entry passive start module (PEPS) and to the BCM. The PEPS module sends a redundant signal to the BCM with the ignition mode switch status.
Battery Saver Mode (Transport Mode) (If Equipped)

The battery saver mode (transport mode) reduces the parasitic load of some modules during overseas shipment or during vehicle storage conditions. This improves the drain time on the battery (up to 70 days without the battery going dead). When the vehicle is in transport/storage, some features may have reduced functionality while in the battery saver mode (transport mode), such as disabling the Remote Function Actuator or content theft features.
The battery saver mode (transport mode) incorporates a latching relay that when enabled disconnects some modules from their ignition power or memory power sources. Battery saver mode (transport mode) is initiated by turning on the hazard flashers and then turning the ignition key into the crank position or pushing the push button start switch (if equipped) for greater than 15 seconds. The mode is disengaged by repeating the previous process causing the relay to latch in the other direction. The DIC (if equipped) will display Transport Mode is On when the transport mode is enabled and Transport Mode is Off when the transport mode is disabled. Once the vehicle is running and the hazard flashers are on, turning the ignition key into the crank position or pushing the push button start switch (if equipped) for greater than 15 seconds will latch the relay in the other direction. This feature can be used as many times as necessary if the vehicle is to be stored for an extended period of time.
BCM Awake/Sleep States

The BCM is able to control or perform all of the BCM functions in the awake state. The BCM enters the sleep state when active control or normal monitoring of system functions has stopped and a time limit has passed. The BCM must detect certain wake-up inputs before entering the awake state. The BCM monitors for these inputs during the sleep state.
The BCM will enter the awake state if any of the following wake-up inputs are detected:
Activity on the serial data line
Detection of a battery reconnect
Any door open signal
Headlamps ON
Key-in-ignition
Ignition ON
Park lamps ON
Keyless entry or remote start message
The BCM will enter a sleep state when all of the following conditions exist:
The ignition switch is OFF, key out.
No activity exists on the serial data line.
No outputs are commanded.
No delay timers are actively counting.
No wake-up inputs are present.
If all these conditions are met, the BCM will enter a low power or sleep condition.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #4746
xx_ED_xx

#11-08-49-001A: Transport Mode On Message Displayed in Driver Information Center (DIC) and Battery Light is Flashing (Follow Procedure as Outlined Below) - (Sep 26, 2011)

Subject:Transport Mode On Message Displayed in Driver Information Center (DIC) and Battery Light is Flashing (Follow Procedure as Outlined Below)

Models:2011 Buick Regal
2012 Buick Verano
2010-2012 Cadillac SRX
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
2011-2012 Chevrolet Cruze, Volt
2012 Chevrolet Orlando (Canada), Sonic

This bulletin is being revised to update the models involved. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 11-08-49-001 (Section 08 – Body and Accessories). Condition

Some customers may comment that the red battery light is flashing and there is a "Transport Mode On" message displayed in the DIC. The transport mode is intended for use on vehicles being shipped outside of the United States and Canada.
Correction

2011-2012 Vehicle Procedure

To turn the Transport Mode On/Off, it will be necessary to activate the hazard flashers, press the brake pedal, then press and hold the Start/Stop button or turn the ignition key to the crank position for 15 seconds.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Procedure

To turn the Transport Mode On/Off, it will be necessary to activate the hazard lamps, turn the ignition key to the crank position, and then hold it in the crank position for 15 seconds. The Transport Mode Off message will be displayed and the Battery light will turn off.

2010 Cadillac SRX Procedure

To turn the Transport Mode On/Off, it will be necessary to push and hold the Start/Stop button while the brake is applied for 15 seconds or until the Transport Mode Off message is displayed. For SRX, if Transport Mode is active, this causes the RKE system to only work when the ignition is On or the BCM is awake (approximately 20 minutes after ignition off).

Note:
If this is a repeat concern, this feature can be completely turned off by reprogramming the BCM. This calibration will be titled "Update calibrations to improve Customer Satisfaction.”
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo