Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
stangaroo

Drives: 2011 5.0 stang
Talking looking to buy a 2LT

Hey guys, I just joined... looking into helping my Fiance buy a 2LT auto and I was wondering what kind of price range I can expect... doesn't have to be a 2012 but I'm not sure if there's any 2011s left lying around. Also I'm in Cali, thanks!
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Hi there stangaroo !!

You can find used Camaros in the market place threads.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
Why are you going from a 5.0 to a v6 camaro??? I'm actually looking to sell my camaro and buy a 5.0 atm. Lookin at a sick GT/CS mmmm Can't wait for all that power!!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
o wait, just re-read it. help ur fiance not u got it
Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
Hey guys, I just joined... looking into helping my Fiance buy a 2LT auto and I was wondering what kind of price range I can expect... doesn't have to be a 2012 but I'm not sure if there's any 2011s left lying around. Also I'm in Cali, thanks!
First off, welcome to the forums!

First as for price, thats something I cant give you an honest opinion as Canadian prices are completely differant then American pricing... maybe someone else can chime in here from cali..

However, what I can tell you is that you should either be looking into getting a 2011 or going for the new 2013. The LLT engine which is in the 2010s and 2011s has far more aftermarket parts and the ability to change headers and all that fun stuff should he ever wish to do some modifications down the road.

If you step up to 2013 then you'll have to go with the LFX engine but what GM has done for 2013 was introduce factory quadtipped exhaust as an option which is very cool btw and sounds great!, mylink console technologies and the Canadian price seems to be the same as the 2012s which makes it a no brainer. I'm guessing U.S price would be simular in this sense. I know there is probally $1000 rebates going around for clearing out 2012 stock but other than that, the 2013 is priced aggressively.

The rims also changed for 2013 so either you'll like them or hate them, you'll have to decide.

Lastly, if your trying to save alot of money and price is an issue, maybe start looking around for a 2010 1LT trim with RS package if you can. The RS package really brings all the looks together in the Camaro and was avail with 1LT and 2LT Camaros on the v6 end. Two months ago, I saw one at a dealership (IOM 2LT 2010) and it was being sold with 16689KM but had a full three years warrenty attached to it and the price was about $5000 less of window sticker, a heck of a deal.

So look around and dont be suprised to find some 2010s in dealerships.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
stangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
Why are you going from a 5.0 to a v6 camaro??? I'm actually looking to sell my camaro and buy a 5.0 atm. Lookin at a sick GT/CS mmmm Can't wait for all that power!!
Lol not selling the 5.0, 2LT is for the fiance.

Good call on going with the auto, with bolt ons they become faster than the manual and can hold a lot more power.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
stangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
First off, welcome to the forums!

First as for price, thats something I cant give you an honest opinion as Canadian prices are completely differant then American pricing... maybe someone else can chime in here from cali..

However, what I can tell you is that you should either be looking into getting a 2011 or going for the new 2013. The LLT engine which is in the 2010s and 2011s has far more aftermarket parts and the ability to change headers and all that fun stuff should he ever wish to do some modifications down the road.

If you step up to 2013 then you'll have to go with the LFX engine but what GM has done for 2013 was introduce factory quadtipped exhaust as an option which is very cool btw and sounds great!, mylink console technologies and the Canadian price seems to be the same as the 2012s which makes it a no brainer. I'm guessing U.S price would be simular in this sense. I know there is probally $1000 rebates going around for clearing out 2012 stock but other than that, the 2013 is priced aggressively.

The rims also changed for 2013 so either you'll like them or hate them, you'll have to decide.

Lastly, if your trying to save alot of money and price is an issue, maybe start looking around for a 2010 1LT trim with RS package if you can. The RS package really brings all the looks together in the Camaro and was avail with 1LT and 2LT Camaros on the v6 end. Two months ago, I saw one at a dealership (IOM 2LT 2010) and it was being sold with 16689KM but had a full three years warrenty attached to it and the price was about $5000 less of window sticker, a heck of a deal.

So look around and dont be suprised to find some 2010s in dealerships.

Shaun
Awesome, thank you! She definitely wants the 2LT but I have a feeling we can get a new one for about the same as a used one... at least what I've seen on cars.com and whatnot.

We will see... hoping for under 25k out the door.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Most dealers will get you down to invoice on Chevy cars, not as much the SS but definitely the V6's. Secondly, the dealer has holdback behind the invoice of about 1k. Go into the dealer and shoot for holdback, tell em you want all the holdback. Then you should get a decent deal. 2012 would probably be your best bet, don't go 2011, not as nice inside.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Awesome, thank you! She definitely wants the 2LT but I have a feeling we can get a new one for about the same as a used one... at least what I've seen on cars.com and whatnot.

Might be hard to do since invoice is 27k... add on RS package and it will be higher.

Let us know what you guys end up with...
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
stangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
Might be hard to do since invoice is 27k... add on RS package and it will be higher.

Let us know what you guys end up with...
yeah I think we might have to go the used route but we will see, will definitely let everyone know what we end up with!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
stangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Most dealers will get you down to invoice on Chevy cars, not as much the SS but definitely the V6's. Secondly, the dealer has holdback behind the invoice of about 1k. Go into the dealer and shoot for holdback, tell em you want all the holdback. Then you should get a decent deal. 2012 would probably be your best bet, don't go 2011, not as nice inside.
Awesome, thanks for the info! o you know when the 2013s actually roll out? that would be the time to get a 12...
Old 07-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the info! o you know when the 2013s actually roll out? that would be the time to get a 12...
They are already out at the dealerships. 2012s are now old stock.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #13
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:

I don't think you will get a new 2LT out the door for $25k, after taxes and depending on the trade in and money down expect close to or just under $30k in the RS config. in a new car. After taxes and options I paid close to 30k for mine in 2011 but the taxes are 6% in TX and I didn't have a trade in or put any money down to speak of.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Quote:
I picked up a used 11 SGM 2LT/RS with 3,900 miles, 1 owner in excellent condition in Portland, OR in June. I paid $25,900 for it.
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote