Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #463
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFblueSS View Post
I just don't understand WHY anyone would NEED to "unlock their doors" or "run diagnostics" or "remote start" their Camaro from their cell phone?!?

I mean, if you're needing diagnostics run; you're probably sitting in the car and can simply push the OnStar button.

If you need to unlock your doors, you're probably walking towards your car and can simply push the button on the key fob remote.

If you need to remote start your car, you're probably looking out the window during winter and pushing the button on the key fob remote.

Just another USELESS "APP" in a sea of useless "APPs", for a world now infatuated with useless "APPs".

Someone will be suing their cell phone carrier or GM or OnStar over something going wrong and using this (or any other useless) App and got in a car crash.

It'll just be millions of people saying "Oooh, Man! Check this out!" at parties. The novelty will surely wear-off within a week of downloading this "ever important App."

I swear... Some people's kids. And we wonder why people are getting killed every day by drivers talking on, texting with or "APPing" with their phones WHILE they're driving? I swear, the entire world has just gone Bat Shit Crazy over the invention of the Smart Phone; and most people act as if they can't live their life without it". :(

STEPPING OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW...
I'm not sure if you're mad because 2010's don't have it, but I have a 2011 and I do like having the App. It's not a necessity but lets face it having this car is a luxury just like the app is. It's mot a practical car and this app is for the most part useless, but it is still nice to have for those odd situations.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #464
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
I just don't understand WHY anyone would NEED to "unlock their doors" or "run diagnostics" or "remote start" their Camaro from their cell phone?!?

I mean, if you're needing diagnostics run; you're probably sitting in the car and can simply push the OnStar button.

If you need to unlock your doors, you're probably walking towards your car and can simply push the button on the key fob remote.

If you need to remote start your car, you're probably looking out the window during winter and pushing the button on the key fob remote.

Just another USELESS "APP" in a sea of useless "APPs", for a world now infatuated with useless "APPs".

Someone will be suing their cell phone carrier or GM or OnStar over something going wrong and using this (or any other useless) App and got in a car crash.

It'll just be millions of people saying "Oooh, Man! Check this out!" at parties. The novelty will surely wear-off within a week of downloading this "ever important App."

I swear... Some people's kids. And we wonder why people are getting killed every day by drivers talking on, texting with or "APPing" with their phones WHILE they're driving? I swear, the entire world has just gone Bat Shit Crazy over the invention of the Smart Phone; and most people act as if they can't live their life without it". :(

sometimes people forget if they locked their car. This would be a good reason to have the app.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #465
Dowgg123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:

My doors were locked and i shut my trunk with my key in it and i was 30 miles from my other key..... I would have very much liked this app rather than wait 40 minutes by calling onstar to unlock my doors.
Dowgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #466
AFblueSS
U.S.A.F. Retired

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 1SS / 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to AFblueSS
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowgg123 View Post
My doors were locked and i shut my trunk with my key in it and i was 30 miles from my other key..... I would have very much liked this app rather than wait 40 minutes by calling onstar to unlock my doors.
Okay... Touche'

Well played, Sir.

And NO. I'm NOT "MAD I Don't have it on my 2010".
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #467
Blackshirt56

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE
Remote Start

I downloaded the App for my iphone and all I can do is unlock, lock and honk the horn. Anyone know why I cant remote start?
Blackshirt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #468
wmora4

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM
What application is thAt?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #469
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
I downloaded the App for my iphone and all I can do is unlock, lock and honk the horn. Anyone know why I cant remote start?
You can only remote start if your car came with the factory remote start installed.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #470
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
Does your car have a manual transmission? If so you have your answer.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #471
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
i just got off the phone with onstar. i called them to get an update about the onstar mylink for my 2010 camaro and the wife's 2010 equinox. they informed me today they are no longer working on it and the 2010 that we own will never get the app.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #472
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
i just got off the phone with onstar. i called them to get an update about the onstar mylink for my 2010 camaro and the wife's 2010 equinox. they informed me today they are no longer working on it and the 2010 that we own will never get the app.
whatt???/ and my 2010 camaro have remote start in it ><
Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #473
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
Figured that would happen, they would deal with the uproar, then it would die down and people would get over it... they figure no big deal, we won't lose customers over it, because they know when they buy a new car it will have it... BS but it is what it is...

Tags
2011, app, chevrolet, iphone, onstar