Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #29
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
4/19 Update - Is it just me?

Yesterday on 4/18/2011, OrangeVert reached 3300 status: Order scheduled for production and scheduled into the plant build cycle!

Today I spent most of the day in the hospital for a heart (EP) study. Good news is I will be fine, amazing doc found the problem and it's treatable with meds.

But what a coincidence - to get to the heart lab, we had to take "Orange Elevator B" (IOM? ):

Name:  OrangeElevatorB.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  41.0 KB

And at the end of the day, I noticed my patient transceiver was labeled "2SS." I swear I'm not making this up!:

Name:  PatientTransceiver.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  50.0 KB

Also this past weekend I went to visit my parents - dad who's 83 and mom who's 82. Both of them loved pics of what OrangeVert will look like! My dad thinks it's a great deal, especially when I told him what equipment (LS3, 6-Speed manual, 20" wheels) is in it. He said it reminds him of our neighbor's '71 Chevelle (307, auto, non-SS, 130 net HP) that I bought in college. Well kind of, dad - but with about 300 more HP and all brand new parts! Plus no storage, tax & tag, or maintenance expenses for the last 40 years!

More to follow ...
Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #30
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
CamFest II with Becky D!!!! Yipppeeeeeee!

Wow Paul so much has happened since last time I visited your thread! You are well on the way and sweet sweet Becky was anxious for you when she met us Saturday at CamFest II!!! Now that is CUSTOMER SERVICE! She is all over it!!!

What a great time my wife and I had at the Fest for the short amount of time we had. Orange Krate got a very EXCLUSIVE signature!!! But I will save the surprise for my Orange Krate update later. I have to head off to bed because of my rise time with the cows! I am so excited for ya'll! The crescendo just keeps getting louder as the build on your OrangeVert progresses. Orange Krate looks forward to another brother or sister of the same flavor!!!

Here is a photo of my wife, Erica, myself and Becky D!!! She found me easily with my shirt...which is what I was hoping for. HA HA
Attached Images

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #31
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Thanks O.K. for your note and sharing the great pic of you, Erica and Becky! Hope you, Erica, and OrangeKrate are enjoying the beautiful SoCal spring weather!! Looks like you all had a great time at CamFest II! Triple Digits are cool, why am I not surprised? Your boy was probably saying "Thank you Jim, THIS is what I was made for!!!" Hope CamFest III is held closer to New England, I'm going to request vacation to attend. My wife Geri might even come along, she's admittedly not "into cars" in general but she loves the Camaro - funny how it has that effect!

Had a dreaded hospital test (EP study) earlier this week, but all is well. Looking forward to the arrival of OrangeVert! Today is Easter, maybe next year I'll put a green cover on the fin antenna, dress up in the bunny suit I was given a few years ago (long story), and give friends & family rides in my giant 426 HP carrot!

Yes, Becky is so awesome and OrangeVert's tpw is almost here!! (5/2) Already scoped out many places to drive now that the good weather is almost here too, so exciting! Stocking up on lots of batteries for the to follow ...
Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #32
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

OrangeVert lives!! Born in Oshawa on 5/10/11, waiting for transport (no stripes). I just realized, OrangeVert is Canadian! But then again, so am I! (1/4) Thanks to Team Oshawa, Becky, and everyone here at Camaro5!! The best is about to be ...

More to follow... (really busy at work this week! Work - work - work - work - payin' for this baby!)

OrangeVert is not an Indy car, but that's the pic GM used to let me know s/he was born. So be it!

Name:  Orderstatus.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  86.2 KB
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #33
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS DAD!!!!

Paul here is a template you can download to create a Canadian Birth Certificate (just like Hawaii!) for OrangeVert! Download and if you want I will delete this post to keep your thread clean. Jim
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Old 05-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #34
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Countdown to Permagrin

Jim,

Hope You, Erica, and OrangeKrate are well! Thank you for the birth certificate image and post!

How cool is that?! Last week was really busy with the Chicago trip, I looked down from the airplane flying back Friday night and pointed to my baby in Oshawa, ready for its early morning journey to Fort Erie, Ontario!

Your birth certificate arrived in the nick of time to get his/her Canadian passport, as today on 5/15/11 she made her entry into the US into Buffalo, NY - bright and early before 01:40am!!

Name:  Buffalo.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  74.3 KB

Here's the railcar log so far heading for East Brookfield, MA and then transfer to truck:

Car ETTX 802523
  • Arrived at Fort Erie, Ont on CN - May 14 11:21 am
  • Load received in interchange Buffalo, NY from CN - May 15 01:40 am
Saw a black gen5 SS with red bowtie tonight on Buford Highway here in Atlanta. You could tell it meant business, even from behind!

Really exciting week ahead - Countdown to Permagrin initiated!!

Btw, feel like a kid again. It's amazing what all these cars can do, and I don't just mean 0 to 60.

Last edited by OrangeVert; 05-16-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Formatting problems
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #35
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Jim,

Hope You, Erica, and OrangeKrate are well! Thank you for the birth certificate image and post!

How cool is that?! Last week was really busy with the Chicago trip, I looked down from the airplane flying back Friday night and pointed to my baby in Oshawa, ready for its early morning journey to Fort Erie, Ontario!

Your birth certificate arrived in the nick of time to get his/her Canadian passport, as today on 5/15/11 she made her entry into the US into Buffalo, NY - bright and early before 01:40am!!

Attachment 241637

Here's the railcar log so far heading for East Brookfield, MA and then transfer to truck:

Car ETTX 802523
  • Arrived at Fort Erie, Ont on CN - May 14 11:21 am
  • Load received in interchange Buffalo, NY from CN - May 15 01:40 am
Saw a black gen5 SS with red bowtie tonight on Buford Highway here in Atlanta. You could tell it meant business, even from behind!

Really exciting week ahead - Countdown to Permagrin initiated!!

Btw, feel like a kid again. It's amazing what all these cars can do, and I don't just mean 0 to 60.
Looks like your on a great pace....Your car arrived in Buffalo the same time frame mine did....just an FYI...mine sat in buffalo for 48 hours then stopped in Selkirk NY...then final in East Brookfield......sooo if yours does the same...my calculations put your car in east brookfield on 5-21 and most likely at the dealer on the 27th or 28th...Thats my prediction...so Looks like you could get it around the 30th or 31st
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #36
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Thanks, Tim! Like your beautiful ride, OrangeVert is arriving faster than I thought! I may not even get back from Atlanta in time, because according to the CSX status line, s/he is now in E. Brookfield, MA!

Name:  E.Brookfield.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  74.3 KB

I'll be home on Friday, so may stop into the dealer to see our new baby! No way prep and paperwork will be ready by then though, even if s/he does arrive early. And wouldn't you know, I have a work trip to Missouri scheduled for all of next week.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #37
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Thanks, Tim! Like your beautiful ride, OrangeVert is arriving faster than I thought! I may not even get back from Atlanta in time, because according to the CSX status line, s/he is now in E. Brookfield, MA!

Attachment 242121

I'll be home on Friday, so may stop into the dealer to see our new baby! No way prep and paperwork will be ready by then though, even if s/he does arrive early. And wouldn't you know, I have a work trip to Missouri scheduled for all of next week.
Nice....it will most likely sit in the rail yard for a few days...also it will take 3 days to do the paperwork with becky...she overnights you the paperwork, you sign all the stuff then place your check in the envelope then overnight it back..she gets it the next day and then over nights the dealer there paperwork they get it the day after that!!..then car can be released!! Youll be in it next week Bud...just in time for all the rain here to be gone
Old 05-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #38
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Thanks, Tim! I'll bet you love having your new car!! Even with the rain. No rain here in ATL, but I'm 1,000 miles away from what will be my car!

That heritage grille really looks sweet, nice way to honor the gen1's and give your gen5 added style! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

I'm hoping to get to RICOA on June 26th, wife included! Says she wants to go!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #39
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Thanks, Tim! I'll bet you love having your new car!! Even with the rain. No rain here in ATL, but I'm 1,000 miles away from what will be my car!

That heritage grille really looks sweet, nice way to honor the gen1's and give your gen5 added style! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

I'm hoping to get to RICOA on June 26th, wife included! Says she wants to go!
Awsome...im gonna drag my wife along too....Also we should get a group together this summer and climb MT Washington and get some photos from the top that would be insane

The rain is horrible, my car hasnt moved since saturday afternoon..just been stairing at it in the garage

But a few more mods came in today, Got my Chrome SS emblems for the side fenders, got my Full SW 3" Retro Catback with solo high flows, and my new Retro SS emblem to replace the bowtie in the back...another mod weekend comingup
Old 05-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #40
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Wow, Tim! yeah a pic of our Camaros on top of Mt Washington would be awesome!!

OrangeVert has been sitting at the dealer for five days now, I've been flying form one work assignment to another, this week in Missouri. Am getting back in Friday night and will take pics of OrangeVert on Saturday!

Can't wait to pick him/her up until next Weds! It may be time to change my avatar as well.

Here's the final schedule for others who may be trying to estimate build and delivery times. Can't say enough about how helpful Becky Doyle was throughout the process!!

Complete History

Event Date Event Status
03/29/2011 (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
03/29/2011 (1102) Order entered via web.
04/07/2011 (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
04/12/2011 (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
04/12/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
04/18/2011 (3100) Order available to sequence.
04/18/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
04/20/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
04/28/2011 (3100) Order available to sequence.
04/28/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
05/04/2011 (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
05/10/2011 (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. For Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers, please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates as no further updates available at this time.
05/10/2011 (4000) Vehicle available to ship.
05/10/2011 (4150) Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer).
05/10/2011 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
05/12/2011 (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
05/17/2011 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
05/17/2011 (4800) Rail ramp unload. Vehicle has been unloaded from train.
05/20/2011 (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
05/20/2011 (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
05/24/2011 (6000) Vehicle delivered to customer or dealer has completed customer paperwork.

Last edited by OrangeVert; 05-27-2011 at 07:02 AM.
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #41
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Today was the day we brought OrangeVert home from the hospital! We picked her up at 7:07am this morning at Quirk Chevrolet in in Manchester, NH.

Here is OrangeVert when I first laid eyes on her. Turned the corner and Bam! - there she was!

Name:  DSC00815.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  109.4 KB

And the first walk around:

Name:  DSC00816.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  DSC00817.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  DSC00821.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  110.8 KB

Permagrin for me:

Name:  DSC00829.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  109.1 KB

And for my wife Geri!

Name:  DSC00831.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  112.1 KB

40 years ago I dreamed about driving an SS Camaro, Chevelle, or Monte Carlo. Today was the day! Each one of the delaership people arriving for work had somethng nice to say about the car. One said he wanted to drive it - but sorry, he can order another!

Name:  DSC00843.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  104.0 KB

The first fill-up across the street was with Sunoco 93 octane. Thunderstorms then moved in quickly, this can't be good - lightning struck down the street while filling the tank!! Crack!! Boom!! Waited 10 minutes before I left & the rain stopped. A guy asked what the paint color was called, said he had a '69 Camaro in hugger orange.

Name:  DSC00849.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  115.5 KB

Here's the route OrangeVert took from Oshawa, I did the last 17 miles from Manchester to Nashua this morning (barely visible in yellow) before work, dodging thunderstorms all the way. Took it real easy, top speed was maybe 60 MPH. The toll booth operator said it looked like a great paint job! Got home and I could smell hot metal in the garage - all the pieces of the engine, tranny, rear end, & exhaust "baking in". She now has a whopping 23 miles on her! I think OrangeVert's human name is Catherine, for the St. Catherines GM plant where her LS3 drivetrain is made.

Name:  Home.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  76.9 KB

And thanks to Orange Krate, who provided the following "birth certificate":

Name:  Gen5BirthCertificate-OrangeVert.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  134.7 KB

Thanks for reading. Stay "tuned" - more to follow!!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #42
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Paul and Geri,
I am sure you will be the "talk o' the town" with that beautiful IOM OrangeVert Camaro. It is a true classic. It is quite obvious you both have a very contagious case of Permagrin that comes issued with the DNA of the car. May you both enjoy and be safe for many years to come. I know Becky is pleased to see your satisfaction and don't forget to help her and Chevrolet out by completing the survey when it arrives. Enjoy the heck out your new vehicle and try the Elvis Channel on that XM radio! But you can leave the blue suede shoes at home. HA HA

Jim (and Erica) and Orange Krate too
!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com

Tags
2ss, 2ss/rs, iom, iom/io, vert