Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #1
jazyjason

Drives: a
2013 2LS Died Mid Drive....

a

Last edited by jazyjason; 05-18-2021 at 03:46 AM.
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
Hey guys. Well today I was in the middle of a hectic move and was dropping a friend off at BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) when my Camaro literally shut off. No power steering, no instruments, nothing!

Luckily I was already coming to a stop so I did. After it started right up without issue and no lights or warnings came on Needless to say I called Dublin Chevrolet asap and brought it into their service department.

Service Manager was super friendly and said just by looking at things said he couldn't find anything glaringly obvious or an issue. On the lighter side him and a few other mechanics commented on how immaculate I keep my car

(yay for forum members recommending turtle wax ) and sadly on a down note he noticed someone had tried to take a key to my car or something and found several light scratches which he said could be taken care of without issue.

So tomorrow I'll have it checked out. He said he's gunning for a computer glitch or maybe an update due to emissions or something because they never heard of a Camaro doing that just up and dying with under 3k miles on it and a month old.

And my cracked windshield (darn rock on the freeway) will be replaced too and the car detailed, ran through the Auto Butler again and the paint touched up. Whew!

I'm already missing my car!!
Wow jazyjason,

Sorry to hear about your Camaro shutting off! I know that must've been displeasing for you. Glad to hear how helpful the dealership is being with getting this resolved. Please keep us updated on the diagnosis!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care