Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Back to business...

Well, after much inactivity I'm back and freak'n happy to be here. After many sleepless nights and endless day dreams I saw the Camaro in person @ the '08 L.A. Autoshow in the flesh and man was the experience OTW!!! I took my time getting around from stand to stand being that there were many cars I've been looking at in pictures online and elsewhere but for the first time I was able to see yesterday at the show.

Walking over to the Chevy stand I could feel the lure of the 5thgen drawing me closer and closer, then BAM!!!! There she was, and her sister look'n damn good!!! I couldn't believe my eyes, and just before then I was over looking @ the 370z, which is an attractive car with credible history and performance numbers to back it up, but it didn't come anywhere as close to the emotional appeal of the Camaro (though I still like the car quite a bit - the Z).

The SS was quite nice, but doesn't even come close to the Black for visual appeal with the upgraded aesthetic pieces, and its hard to believe you'll be able to equip your personal car almost to a "T". I really couldn't give a damn what was under the hood, the car was just ridiculous to look at. Aside from that the car didn't have a whole lot of visual volume in the sense that it was too big as many have questioned before, it looks bo be roughly slightly larger than the 4thgen, but where it really strokes your emotions is in the details and proportioning. Later on in the show I stopped over @ Ford and peaked at the Stang, which I blasphemously spoke of favorably upon the first pics leaking out a few days ago here on the "other cars" forum. Where the Mustang looked thrown together the Camaro looks like the designers poured over all the details to make sure that when you looked at the 5thgen it didn't just reach into your eyes, it reaches into your soul. Ed Welburn and company deserve awards for the design revolution they've started at GM, from the CTS to the Camaro the cars have been visual hits. I couldn't be more proud to have the opportunity to own any other car.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Glad you finally got to see it and it must have reminded you as to why you have 1123 posts on this website. Each time i think about getting a corvette, i come back to this website and see the camaro. It keeps bringing me back. I love that black car. I just still can't wait to see CGM.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Cyber Grey is going to be off the chain, and should I buy a 5th definitely my choice of color.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
The pix of the Mustang look way better than the car does in person. The converse is tru for the Camaro.

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Chevyzone

Drives: Chevy's
I enjoyed your post. But, the icing on the cake would have been to add some foto's. Where's the Pic's.....
Chevyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyzone View Post
I enjoyed your post. But, the icing on the cake would have been to add some foto's. Where's the Pic's.....
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9904
Old 11-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Good stuff! Now get to postin'

Camaro = Fresh, clean-sheet design.

Mustang = Not so much.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
09camaroSS

Drives: 2005 Mazda 3
I'm going to the show Wednesday, and cannot wait to see my beloved Camaro. In just a few short months she will be terrorizing the roads and mustangs alike.