Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #2003
Synner

Drives: cars
Told you I'm a parts vulture lurking around for your leftovers and versions 1 through 4 before you settle on a 5th. When you decide you don't want the front cradle for a complete tubular racing chassis that you will smooth every weld on you just let me know.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #2004
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Here are some pics of the 90 degree boot. I got them from www.bmrs.net They have another style but were out when I spoke with them. I calling them tomorrow to see if they came in.

I should have a bunch of stuff from Casper Electronics http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/ tomorrow to finish all the harness work.

This is what they look like before heating.

Here's a few shots on the connector.

Till tomorrow.....
I really like how you did these
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #2005
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Hey, looking through and couldnt see if you have a picture of the engine in the car yet?
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #2006
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Hey, looking through and couldnt see if you have a picture of the engine in the car yet?
lol! nope its not in the car yet....
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #2007
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
I really like how you did these
Thanks Black Diamond, That seems like such a long time ago that I did that. I think that was version 2.0. I don't even know if I will use them as it will depend on the intake, injectors, etc, etc.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Hey, looking through and couldn't see if you have a picture of the engine in the car yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
lol! nope its not in the car yet....
Hope by August but who knows.

Quick Update:

Justin and I spend from working about sixteen hours combine working on G5.R today. Made a lot of progress mostly dis-assembly. We took the dash out, remove the master cylinder. We were going to remove the heater core and fan but ran into a stumbling block. The wind shield needs to come off to do it! In fact, you need to remove the wind shield, the entire dash, along with the sub structure to remove the carpet!!! GM didn't make the interior very service friendly That for dang sure.

Just a couple of pics...... The game plan has really taken on a more aggressive directions toward building a tracking car vs what my original plans were of an elegant touring car.

Pretty much everything not necessary for the most part is being removed. The Z/28 is going to be a luxury compared this G5.R! Not only is the AC and radio not going back in but the heater core, fan and all the relate stuff under the dash.

The wiper are also gone

Name:  077.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  103.7 KB

We also removed the over hang. Still have some more grinding to do before it's finished but I have to wait till the wind shield is remove. I can't get the rest of the master cylinder plate remove till then and the studs sticking through the fire wall are in the way. The plan is to make a aluminum fire wall to cover everything.

Name:  142.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  166.2 KB

Stay tuned as progress picks up again in the engine bay.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #2008
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Wow this project has sure gone radical. You've gone from relocating some wires in the engine bay to building out a full-blown track car. You should have just started with a body-in-white and built up; would have probably been cheaper and less work lol.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #2009
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
You know.. I started like you with my F-Body... Just be careful and DO NOT buy another car to mod.. You will get tired and forget the camaro and later on you will sell it to buy an engagement ring. True Story
Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #2010
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Wow this project has sure gone radical. You've gone from relocating some wires in the engine bay to building out a full-blown track car. I am even toying with the idea of not putting the center counsel back or the carpeting carpet. I just have to figure out how to run a E brake that would stick close to the floor. The factory one sticks up way high without the counsel.

You should have just started with a body-in-white and built up; would have probably been cheaper and less work lol.

Doc I was thinking the same thing, LOL.
I mention to my brother today while working on the car, I wasn't even going to run the heater hose and he said "Isn't that how this whole thing started?"

The crazy thing is I had some killer ideas on how I was going to run the heater, AC hose with quick disconnect fitting, etc that was going to be really trick but I guess it isn't going to happen now. The car has taken on a new direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
You know.. I started like you with my F-Body... Just be careful and DO NOT buy another car to mod.. You will get tired and forget the camaro and later on you will sell it to buy an engagement ring. True Story
LC thats too funny!

Last edited by Moreno1; 04-27-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #2011
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Wait ! What ? No Heater ?!?!?

LOL !!! And the irony is that this all started with moving the heater hoses off the top of the engine.

Keep going... This car is going to continue to make a huge impact.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #2012
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Wait ! What ? No Heater ?!?!?

LOL !!! And the irony is that this all started with moving the heater hoses off the top of the engine.

Keep going... This car is going to continue to make a huge impact.
Not much use for a heater in SoCal

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #2013
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Thanks Black Diamond, That seems like such a long time ago that I did that. I think that was version 2.0. I don't even know if I will use them as it will depend on the intake, injectors, etc, etc.....

Hope by August but who knows.

Quick Update:

Justin and I spend from working about sixteen hours combine working on G5.R today. Made a lot of progress mostly dis-assembly. We took the dash out, remove the master cylinder. We were going to remove the heater core and fan but ran into a stumbling block. The wind shield needs to come off to do it! In fact, you need to remove the wind shield, the entire dash, along with the sub structure to remove the carpet!!! GM didn't make the interior very service friendly That for dang sure.

Just a couple of pics...... The game plan has really taken on a more aggressive directions toward building a tracking car vs what my original plans were of an elegant touring car.

Pretty much everything not necessary for the most part is being removed. The Z/28 is going to be a luxury compared this G5.R! Not only is the AC and radio not going back in but the heater core, fan and all the relate stuff under the dash.

The wiper are also gone

Attachment 503627

We also removed the over hang. Still have some more grinding to do before it's finished but I have to wait till the wind shield is remove. I can't get the rest of the master cylinder plate remove till then and the studs sticking through the fire wall are in the way. The plan is to make a aluminum fire wall to cover everything.

Attachment 503628

Stay tuned as progress picks up again in the engine bay.
Nathan,

Hope you were able to chat with Ofer yesterday. Sorry I kept him on the phone so long lol.

But yea, you don't need to pull the windshield to remove the dash. Al O didn't even believe it when Ofer did camaro2lt's 2012 dash swap in the Fest parking lot last year.

Also, you should chat with Scott and Al at Fest - help them get the Z/28 under 3,400
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #2014
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
Motivation to install the pile of parts. Thanks Nathan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Nathan,

Hope you were able to chat with Ofer yesterday. Sorry I kept him on the phone so long lol.

But yea, you don't need to pull the windshield to remove the dash. Al O didn't even believe it when Ofer did camaro2lt's 2012 dash swap in the Fest parking lot last year.

Also, you should chat with Scott and Al at Fest - help them get the Z/28 under 3,400
If I read right, he has the dash out. He thinks he needs to pull the windshield to remove some of the heater components. Neither makes sense to me, but I've only removed my dash for the HUD DIY (PITA), I haven't ventured into the heater removing.

- Clayton. Official C5Fail4 hater.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #2015
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Not much use for a heater in SoCal
Ever get a cool night after a warm day and see your windshield fog up?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #2016
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
You gotta pull the dash to get the heater core out, but the windshield doesn't have to come out to get the dash out. We have done it without glass removal, just have to be careful and it takes a little finagling.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote