Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #57
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
They made it easy for me to decline their great offer by not offering the 2014 in Inferno Orange Metallic.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #58
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
I had this happen as well. Took a "nasty" letter to the sales manager to make them stop.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #59
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Oh sure, we'll buy your almost paid off Camaro and stick you with a new 3 year loan!
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #60
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Oh sure, we'll buy your almost paid off Camaro and stick you with a new 3 year loan!
Again, I see the perception here....but I personally think it would be an awesome trade up to get Nav, HUD, and be back under full factory warranty...possibly while lowering my interest rate or getting that different color or transmission I had been thinking about.

I get it that I work in the business, and if I want MORE respect from the general public I should become an injury attorney or join the IRS...but it's fair to alert your existing customers when an opportunity arises that they may want to consider. God forbid they are a grown-up, and accept or decline the offer based on their needs and budget.
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #61
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Camaro View Post
Again, I see the perception here....but I personally think it would be an awesome trade up to get Nav, HUD, and be back under full factory warranty...possibly while lowering my interest rate or getting that different color or transmission I had been thinking about.

I get it that I work in the business, and if I want MORE respect from the general public I should become an injury attorney or join the IRS...but it's fair to alert your existing customers when an opportunity arises that they may want to consider. God forbid they are a grown-up, and accept or decline the offer based on their needs and budget.
I'd much rather keep and OWN a car than to trade out my almost mine car for something that's far from being mine. Its just piece of mind, and even though I can afford it, I'm not looking at trading my SS which is almost paid off for a newer SS. I'd rather go to the dealership with a good amount of $$ to put down and keep MY car.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #62
Rogue203

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
Truth is if you are like me and a car payment is a way of life. i am thinking of trading in my 2010 2SS on a new 2014 1LE. I the payments are like $70 a month more. But its got way more options (Nav, Recaro Buckets) and I get a warranty again.
Rogue203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #63
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
This happened to me last week was in my camaro went to look at a g8 for a family car it was super beat up, like the previous owner livedon a dirt road rock chips were everywhere it was horrible, he wanted to trade my car for it as is.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #64
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Funny thing about this. Some lady called me two days ago asking about my Ford Edge, which I traded three years ago. I told her what kind of car I had now and she immediately switched to another sales sheet (I heard her shuffling papers in the background). Sure enough, she told me that they were interested in my Camaro and could give me top dolla...

That was where I hung up on her.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #65
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
Funny thing about this. Some lady called me two days ago asking about my Ford Edge, which I traded three years ago. I told her what kind of car I had now and she immediately switched to another sales sheet (I heard her shuffling papers in the background). Sure enough, she told me that they were interested in my Camaro and could give me top dolla...

That was where I hung up on her.

Yeah, all the extended warranty offers are starting to hit on the '11 GMC I got rid of.

Hopefully the new owner Ziebarted it or oil sprayed the bottom with gear lube.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #66
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I may have to work out of San Diego for a couple years myself - up in Del Mar/Solana Beach. Thought about taking the Camaro as a DD out there but then I remembered how small all the parking spots are. Decided to either take the Focus ST or get another company car that I don't mind getting dinged up. (?? Maybe a BR-Z ??).

Good luck on your move!
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote