Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Question putting smaller than 18" on a LS?

My dad is considering a LS, they have a nice summit white LS with the manual. but he does not like the 18" steelies, if he were to get say a 17" alloys (strange I know) would going smaller than stock ruin the way the car handles, how about if he gets a tire that is the same height as the factory spec ones? has anybody here 'downsized' their wheels? Also I heard that the bolt pattern on the '10 camaros are the same as corvettes and other rear drive GM cars (4th gen F cars, G8 etc) if he wanted to get a set of them (we know a guy who can get OEM wheels for cheap) will those wheels bolt up? me personally I think he should get a 1LT and keep the "IROC style" rims/tires on it, but that is just me.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 04-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Berean

Drives: Truck
I suspect the car would look kind of goofy with smaller than 18" rims. The design of the car just doesn't support it.

Buy a nice looking set of 18" at tire rack, and reuse the tires and save some money.

Or go 1LT, which also gives you fog lamps.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote