Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #43
gm_joe

Drives: 2002 Pontiac GP 40th GTP, 2012 ZL-1
My biggest issue is the paint quality. Paint is thin as is the clearcoat. I am getting chips in the front bumper. I have owned many gm cars and have not had these paint issues. There are even bare spots under the hood.
gm_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #44
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_joe View Post
My biggest issue is the paint quality. Paint is thin as is the clearcoat. I am getting chips in the front bumper. I have owned many gm cars and have not had these paint issues. There are even bare spots under the hood.
lol, they are painted better than the 2010's were that's for sure. still crappy paint though. my nose and gills are wasted with little chips, looks like the gills got shot with rock salt
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #45
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I've got 1200 miles on mine so far, and it seems to be getting better as it wears in. The shifting has gotten smoother and not as chunky, and all in all I am happy with it. When I got it, I got a battery charge warning right off the bat. Seems a wire melted on the alternator and caused problems. It would come on and off. The dealer took it in, and replaced the alternator and fixed the problem no sweat. They were very apologetic as it was a new car.
This thread reminds me of when my buddy got an IROC Z28 back in 1985 when he graduated high school. At the time we thought that thing was the Shee-t, but today it would be incredibly sssllloooowww. It had a lot of production issues, and was in the shop for most of the first 6 months, eventually they straightened it all out.
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #46
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
ECM failure (Code P062F) in first 3K miles, replaced under warranty, 10K miles later no other issues other than I can hear the isolator more now.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #47
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
Took delivery 17 April 2012, only 2,800 miles and I have been 100% pleased. No issues at all. The biggest gripe I have is trivial, paint is a bit thin under the hood, but it is not worth a re-spray.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #48
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcars View Post
I have a Fisker Karma and I'm not having any issues but if I do, I'm screwed. That company won't even answer the phone.
Yeah, I've always heard that Karma's a bitch!

Reading through this thread I made note that I don't ever want to purchase 2012 ZL1 # 565 or 2013 ZL1 #3553 if I see either of them offered for sale.

Knowing I would not be driving my 2013 IOM ZL1, I spent a lot of time looking it over the day it arrived at the dealership before I arranged to have it carried to my garage. The paint and ECF and bright wheels were all perfect. Panel gaps were very even, although the driver's side of the hood was a little low. I let the engine idle the whole time I was inspecting the car, then crawled underneath all sides of the car and didn't see any sign of a fluid leak. My buddy Mark (we call him the flaw finder) looked it over too, and he thought the finishes were great except for the hood being low on that one side. He suggested that we adjust it rather than expose an otherwise perfect car to a dealership employee.

However, now I'm concerned that I won't know until the warranty has run out (when I start driving it years from now) if it has any of the mechanical problems that I have read about on this forum. Why couldn't you guys keep that stuff to yourselves instead of adding to my stress level and worries?
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #49
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Why couldn't you guys keep that stuff to yourselves instead of adding to my stress level and worries?
Now that's funny.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #50
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Finally a chance to complain about this car. First it is very fast, it handles unbelievebly, it sounds fantastic. It has a full factory warranty and I can take it to the track or strip and the warranty is still in effect. It beat vastly more expensive european cars on the Nurburing and runs down the 1/4 like a banshee. It has driven my water bill up dramatically because my teeth keep drying out. I line up at a stop light against a Mustang, Challenger, some Corvettes and laugh when they hit the gas and then normally pull away from the light. Yes, I want to complain, this is the best car I have ever owned. I also want to complain about FBODFATHER, why did you guys design and build such a fantastic car? I want to complain about Super 60 who obviously loves his job and us, his customers. I want to complain about Becky @ Rodgers who out of the goodness of her heart helps sooooo many of us here. Well, I am running out of things to complain about, so i think I will go out and suffer through another ride in the car.

P.S. I forgot to complain about Chevrolet Customer Service, they are always lurking around here spying on us.

Last edited by Sven59; 08-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #51
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
I took it into the dealer because I thought it had a hole in the gas tank due to my gas gauge moving like the second hand on a clock. They told me it was completely normal and sent me on my way. Go figure.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
I took it into the dealer because I thought it had a hole in the gas tank due to my gas gauge moving like the second hand on a clock. They told me it was completely normal and sent me on my way. Go figure.

I don't understand that, why didn't GM provide us with an endless supply of gas, what kind of company are they?
Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #53
ZL1DropTop

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I'm very happy with my car, but there were a few things I wish were better.

1. exhaust sound when accelerating from stop. service bulletin says don't fix it.
2. supercharger rattle, but haven't brought up to dealer yet
3. My Link system in my opinion sucks regarding bluetooth connectivity. Sometimes music works, others it doesnt and this is normally fixed by selecting audio from car back to phone, then back to car. The other day it got hung up though. when I called someone, I couldn't hear anything on my phone, OR the car. bad part was that no radio would play cause it thought the call was still ongoing. had to turn off the car, and open the door (to get the radio to shutoff completely) then crank it back up... at a redlight, haha. Anyway, I just think the My Link coulld use some major improvements, but with that being said, I really do love the car.
ZL1DropTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #54
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I don't understand that, why didn't GM provide us with an endless supply of gas, what kind of company are they?
I had to read that window sticker again to realize what exactly I had gotten myself into. Other than stopping at every other gas station and my tires being as bald as Sinead O'Conner after 18,000 miles I am completely happy.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #55
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
No issues at all.. other my dealership stupidly bolted on my front license plate bracket.
Same Problem Here - Only Issue I've Had In 18 Month
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #56
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Anyone else having rear deck lid fitment issues? What I mean by that is, when looking from the rear forward, it's obvious by gaps between the tail lights that the decklid is warper or not installed properly.
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote