Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #57
odie23

Drives: Jeep
It seems like the amount of vert questions has established there is justification for at least a "temporary vert forum". Once the hoopla dies down then I could see it done away with. However, as a member of another forum that has both verts and coupes I can tell you that by separating them it has benefited both members and the moderators by cutting down on general forum clutter because while both share the same mechanics both also have model specific characteristics.

Also, I think it totally sucks that Synergy Green isn't being offered because that was our first color choice, and I don’t think it makes sense to pay big bucks for a new car and then pay big bucks for a repaint. Because chances are you’ll never do it and every time you see the color you’re reminded of how much you wanted it in the first place.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #58
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by odie23 View Post
It seems like the amount of vert questions has established there is justification for at least a "temporary vert forum". Once the hoopla dies down then I could see it done away with. However, as a member of another forum that has both verts and coupes I can tell you that by separating them it has benefited both members and the moderators by cutting down on general forum clutter because while both share the same mechanics both also have model specific characteristics.

Also, I think it totally sucks that Synergy Green isn't being offered because that was our first color choice, and I don’t think it makes sense to pay big bucks for a new car and then pay big bucks for a repaint. Because chances are you’ll never do it and every time you see the color you’re reminded of how much you wanted it in the first place.
Agree 100% on the no Synergy Green. That car would look AWESOME in green.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #59
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
I'm guessing White with "longhorn orange" stripes
Almost right... White, IOM interior, but I'm stuck on the stripes... I'm not a big fan of the metallic stripes on the base white, so I'm thinking of painting Hugger Orange stripes on instead. I've checked the IOM interior w/ a paint sample of the Hugger Orange, and I think it looks pretty good together.
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #60
SS-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I think he's got his eye on that rumored Pearl White if it happens. Frankly, that's a Buick color to me I hope those orange stripes hides the 'old man paint' under them!

(Yeah, poking fun on the guy who you're ordering your car from probably isn't very smart is it?)

Tib
No worries about white diamond for me... Def not an option on my 'vert
Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #61
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Almost right... White, IOM interior, but I'm stuck on the stripes... I'm not a big fan of the metallic stripes on the base white, so I'm thinking of painting Hugger Orange stripes on instead. I've checked the IOM interior w/ a paint sample of the Hugger Orange, and I think it looks pretty good together.
What about white with hugger orange stripes THEN a pearlized clear over the whole thing. A little expensive, but NOT as expensive as a complete repaint; plus you maintain the correct base color in all those hard to reach places e.g. engine, trunk, door jams. Don't know if this is possible, but just a thought.

I would love to see the hugger orange pearle as on the concept. That would seal the deal for me. Just not sure white with either black or tan top would look good to ME.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #62
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
2011 Camaro Convertible

One hundred Neiman Marcus Edition of the 2011 Camaro was sold out in three minutes through the Neiman Marcus Catalog sales on October 19, 2010. This was record time! If this an indication of the impact the Camaro Convertible will have on the market........this will be a winner for GM. My speed dialing was not fast enough! Drat.
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #63
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
This was the Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalog edition sale at a MSRP $75,000.00 each for the 100 Covertibles. Delivery in 2011.
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #64
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
One hundred Neiman Marcus Edition of the 2011 Camaro was sold out in three minutes through the Neiman Marcus Catalog sales on October 19, 2010. This was record time! If this an indication of the impact the Camaro Convertible will have on the market........this will be a winner for GM. My speed dialing was not fast enough! Drat.
I'm sure my dialing finger WOULD've been fast enough given the chance,...but my middle finger first slapped it down then went into rigor mortis when it seen the price tag
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #65
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Still sk-vert Frame ?

Hay every one,
Still not feeling well," gotta luv your kids (?) ", you guys herd a bought the Hennessy Convertibles....... OMG....... $130,K..... No Way !

PONY: you sure its not arthritis, he he he.....

Can't wait to see the top up !, IMO I like The Imp.Blue, I wonder if we're going to get more options on the interior colors (?), If GM put matching colored interiors I think they would sale fast (!?), hay any body know if GM is going to run inner liners for the vert tops, or does any one think they might paint the frame work to match the body color ?, I hope so.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #66
SS-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
What about white with hugger orange stripes THEN a pearlized clear over the whole thing. A little expensive, but NOT as expensive as a complete repaint; plus you maintain the correct base color in all those hard to reach places e.g. engine, trunk, door jams. Don't know if this is possible, but just a thought.

I would love to see the hugger orange pearle as on the concept. That would seal the deal for me. Just not sure white with either black or tan top would look good to ME.
Since I'm going IOM interior, and most of the interior will be black, I think the black top will look great w/ it!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #67
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
SS-Eric: doe you know how many verts does the dealer have to sale in order to receave the verts, or can any GM dealer order one regardless if they sold a lot of coupes ?
The reason I'm asking, I'm thinking of waiting a bit after they come out, too see them and also to see if I can get a great deal, some people say to wait till almost winter, ya get your best deals then (?).
Thx for any help.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #68
SS-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
SS-Eric: doe you know how many verts does the dealer have to sale in order to receave the verts, or can any GM dealer order one regardless if they sold a lot of coupes ?
The reason I'm asking, I'm thinking of waiting a bit after they come out, too see them and also to see if I can get a great deal, some people say to wait till almost winter, ya get your best deals then (?).
Thx for any help.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !

I think your asking how many "Coupes" a dealer has to sell before they get any 'verts? Well the dealers allocation is based not only on Coupe sales but also Mustang "vert sales in the area and Overall 'vert sales in your area. ie... Texas is the largest volume 'Vert sales in the union, Texas is the largest volume Camaro state in the union, and Texas is the largest volume mustang 'vert sales in the union, so Texas will receive the largest allocations... Now exactly how many is still being calculated. but initial #'s look to be about 1/3 or 1/2 of the dealers initial coupe allocation... I hope you are confused now... because I think that's what GM wants
Old 10-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #69
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
any word on msrp 2ss/rs conv.im thinking about $44500 with stripes ,auto
Old 10-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #70
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Eric,
I couldn't be happier that you nixxed that Diamond White (if it happens) for your car. I like what Pony's telling you, stay away from those garbage vinyl stripes and go with paint with a nice clear (2-3 coats minimum, you won't regret it.)

Did you watch that Ultimate Factories? If so, all the more reason to toss some clear (pearl or otherwise) on your car, save you tons of grief especially if you're planning to hang onto the car and not dump it once you can get the Z28

With the 'vert showcasing the interior will be a big deal, hopefully GM is thinking along these lines with panels and interior options, but since time's running out, I think you're safe with the direction you want to head.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote